TCG Fakes Jabberwock's Image Fakes: Plasma Garchomp!

I'm going to start this post off by saying that for most of these cards, I didn't plan any particular synergy. There may have been some in the beginning, but around 40-50 cards in I just really wanted this set over with and so I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the effects and such.
Yin Aura isn't very Yin. Damage would be a negative—it should heal damage instead if it's going to match the nature of Yin. I understand you're trying to be interactive with the second ability, but for what you're taking away, it doesn't have the effect that you intend.
Both Yin Aura and Yang Aura have a degree of balance to them. Yin Aura trades off a bad concept (damage counters) for a good one (Energy from the discard pile). In many ways, this is more a benefit than anything else – provided you have four [R] Energy in the discard, you can get Reshiram powered up in one turn (and streamed fairly easily) at the cost of only four damage counters per Reshiram.
And if Reshiram gets a bit too good, there's Druddigon as a hard counter in Water archetypes.

Concentration is can be a great replacement for synergy—where we have one card that does one thing in-specific—and does it to a specialty. Healing damage could be a unique concentration for your Reshiram EX. It wouldn't be interactive with itself, but it would open up interactivity with a mass of cards that deal damage to themselves (such as many Fire-type Pokémon).
I'm not going to change any cards in either of the setlists. I'm seven cards from the end and I just want it done now. But thank you for the suggestion.

Your N card is insanely over-the-top. It's not striving to be artistic in any way, and just vies on blatant deck stacking. I say that because it's basically no different than stacking the deck for yourself, and allowing your opponent to go second in doing the same. This aspect strips all of the intellectual challenge from the game and reduces it to a simple-minded blur of the cards. Definitely needs a restriction of some kind that makes the card deadweight under certain conditions.
Perhaps we have different opinions of 'artistic'. The art used is IMO one of the best official Sugimori prints out there, at least for the fifth generation. It also shows N with Reshiram, which is definitely something I'd like in the set.
As for balancing, I happen to really like effects like Milotic DRX. I think used in moderation, they can be very good. I do see your point, but I think this just puts more skill into the game – now you have to know your opponent's deck and take 3 cards that would benefit you even with whatever they took. Also note that there's very little to no draw support from Items, and if you get a draw Supporter, you have to wait until after your opponent uses their cards to play it.

Alder is a little more balanced, but does tread along the same lines.
Same lines, yes, but there's nothing against that. Pokémon reuses ideas all the time. And there is the steeper price on Alder.

There is no realism whatsoever as to how Driftveil Bridge reduces the cost of attacks. You should look for another aspect that connects more realistically with what your card is doing. Realism is one of the most core-essential aspects in all fantasy games—you should strive for a "greatest possible realism" principal in all your work.
I'm not sure I understand this. It was designed after the nickname for the bridge in BW, the 'Charizard Bridge', due to how it supposedly looks like a Charizard in flight. I built off of that, using [C] to indicate Flying-types in general.

Uniqueness is another great principal. Try to be more creative with your attacks, you don't want to walk too strongly in the footsteps of previous designs unless you're doing something unique with it. Redundancy is what makes a game boring, so we don't want to run circles too strongly.
A lot of Abilities and attacks here do have very unique effects; Bisharp, Beheeyem, and Karrablast/Shelmet being the ones I can think of offhand. And getting too unique isn't necessarily a good thing.

ODBcu9j.png
47cXDHt.png

Stoutland line and Braviary-EX are the last ones left! :D

"Legend tells of a Lillipup who never stopped waiting."

Is that a reference to the sad dog who waited at the train tracks? :(

Sorry this took so long @steffenka.

Here's Marlefume-EX, based on one of steff's Fakemon!

jpOESuv.png

Could use wording help for the Ancient Trait in particular. Think everything else is good, though.

Last edited:
Sorry this took so long @steffenka.

Here's Marlefume-EX, based on one of steff's Fakemon!

W2UYimL.png

Could use wording help for the Ancient Trait in particular. Think everything else is good, though.
Love it, especially the textures and background, which gives the card a very dreamy/nightmarish feel to it. For the Ancient Trait, what about something like: "As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, any Benched Pokemon can't be switched to the Active position by your opponent's Trainer cards."?

Hooray, more EXs!! It turned out really nice, especially the shine! Great job @Jabberwock, and nice Fakemon @steffenka!

For me, the Ancient Trait is super easy to word as I've done a heck of a lot of research into the effect. The AT is, on the most part, spot on. I generally prefer not to go for things like "switched" but instead "moved", as technically a card doesn't get "switched to the Bench" but instead "moved". This wording is also a catch-all in case an effect arrives that doesn't mention switching, however does mention going to the bench. You could also go with "can't be switched with 1 of your Benched Pokemon", however this is significantly longer and potentially cluttering for your AT.

Thanks so much to both of you for wording help! ^_^

The fixes will come probably Tuesday; won't have access to a) that file and b) a decent version of PS until then.

Hooray, more EXs!! It turned out really nice, especially the shine! Great job @Jabberwock, and nice Fakemon @steffenka!

For me, the Ancient Trait is super easy to word as I've done a heck of a lot of research into the effect. The AT is, on the most part, spot on. I generally prefer not to go for things like "switched" but instead "moved", as technically a card doesn't get "switched to the Bench" but instead "moved". This wording is also a catch-all in case an effect arrives that doesn't mention switching, however does mention going to the bench. You could also go with "can't be switched with 1 of your Benched Pokemon", however this is significantly longer and potentially cluttering for your AT.

XY0_EN_38.png
XY1_EN_143.png

Pokemon are switched, not moved.

"can't be switched with 1 of your Benched Pokemon" would be the correct wording.

Thanks for the help, everyone! ^_^ Changed the wording to fit what Blui suggested. Updated the image in the spoiler above.

On another note, does anyone else have any Fakemon they might want to be made into a card? :)

Yes, we're finally back to POI. :p

GaJpwCm.png

Credit to @thegrovylekid for wording help and bad puns for Ability/attack names.

Congrats on finishing your set! It's definitely been awesome to see this unfold.

Forgive me if you've already said this but, what are your plans now?

Congrats on finishing your set! It's definitely been awesome to see this unfold.

Forgive me if you've already said this but, what are your plans now?
Thanks! ^.^

Nope, haven't already said this. :p I have another set planned, but it might be a while before I start working on it (my fanfiction and my current queue of FA EX requests comes first :p).

An age before time itself...

Step into a world of ancient kings and fragmented dominions with WF2: Spectral Relics! Powerful warriors like Mega Mawile-EX storm onto the battlefield, squaring off against sneaky tricksters like Mega Sableye-EX! A legion of Pokémon follow, bringing such heroes as Noivern-EX and Zoroark-EX. And rumors have begun to circulate ... of a Pokémon whose very name is legend ...

Arceus.

Spectral Relics is the second set made by yours truly, this time in collaboration with tgk, featuring exactly 50 cards, of which all are Pokémon––no Trainers or Energy for this one.

The setlist is fully planned out, and spoilers are currently being made by myself and @thegrovylekid. The blanks are @aschefield101's custom Winchfall ones.

I am currently looking for art––if you'd be willing to create art for this set, let me know! :)

x3Dwc9f.png
ORKyv7G.png
D39xuGD.png
C6pNZNd.png
b2AxOHD.png
WVHtGOe.png
uDEsEKd.png
c6DRrpw.png
wn5sLbZ.png

Last edited:
I hereby swear this is not a Smash 4-themed set. It just happens to have Greninja and Lucario in it.

uDEsEKd.png

@thegrovylekid wrote the spoiler for this one, so everyone go check out his thread for more great text-based stuff. ^.^

Unown's one of the more...unusual...effects I've put on a card. Kinda unusable in international tournaments, but I like the concept of it. :p

Oh, and also Espurr.

wn5sLbZ.png
c6DRrpw.png

Back