Art Gallery J. Divinity's Art

jdivinity

Still a dorky art student
So, I was pretty ecstatic when I found this area of the forum being an art student and all. With that being said, before I post several of my works I'll describe a bit of myself.

I'm a student at Academy of Art University majoring in Visual Development. I'm currently working on creating my own style while learning techniques and such from other artists. Career wise, I'd hope to have a job as a free lance visual developer, maybe even conceptual artist or character designer but I'll see where my path takes me later on. For now, here is some of my own pieces that I personally like.

I fell in love with the style for the characters of Paranorman that I tried the style myself earlier in the year. The outcome: several pages of my sketchbook filled with bug eyed characters.

2946659_1360271_i.jpg
3030733_5658354_i.jpg
3280416_2727639_i.jpg

I'm not the best when it comes to drawing realistic, but I do try my best.

4027170_10079788_i.jpg
2501894_6499548_i.jpg
2141915_14473421_i.jpg

Thanks for viewing my art, there will be more to come once I no longer have artists block!

Welcome to the forum! Great to see a fellow college art student posting! (I go to CCS)

Very nice work! Really enjoyed the Paranorman inspired stuff! Hope to see more from you. :)

Shining Raikou said:
Welcome to the forum! Great to see a fellow college art student posting! (I go to CCS)

Very nice work! Really enjoyed the Paranorman inspired stuff! Hope to see more from you. :)

SheNinja said:
I really like those eyes that you drew. Nice work!

Thank you both, I appreciate it greatly! ~

Wow! What amazing artwork! Your drawings are very realistic and it is quite clear that you have been working with all of this for many years now. Really do wish I had your artistic skills.

Keep it up, jdivinity! I look forward to seeing more awesome additions very soon!

Ice Arceus said:
Wow! What amazing artwork! Your drawings are very realistic and it is quite clear that you have been working with all of this for many years now. Really do wish I had your artistic skills.

Keep it up, jdivinity! I look forward to seeing more awesome additions very soon!

Thank you! I appreciate it a lot. Art has always been a love of mine but it became a passion my junior year in high school. Now I can't get enough of it!

1014021_483146385101555_130745764_n.jpg

I haven't updated this thread in a while, my apologies. Here is a piece I started recently of Lady Gaga. Not a big fan of hers but I LOVE this picture of her so I'm drawing it in my style.

artpop.jpg

Whoa, J, I can't believe I didn't notice this thread earlier!

You are amazingly skilled. I really look forward to seeing more art from you! ;D

Pineapple X said:
Whoa, J, I can't believe I didn't notice this thread earlier!

You are amazingly skilled. I really look forward to seeing more art from you! ;D

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Here is an update on the Gaga Drawing.
awjdy.jpg

HolyMackerel said:
I really like your sense of shading, and your style is really neat

Thank you! I love being complimented on my shading because I've worked pretty hard on getting it to the level I am now.

Gaga is finished.
5712118_4649108_i.jpg

Simple portrait of my sister in my style finished.
5712128_10973164_i.jpg

Progress shot of my latest drawing. Found this beautiful girl on instagram who does her make up like a doll and had to draw her. Made one half her, the other half porcelain doll.
556702_487769227972604_252171002_n.jpg

If anyone is interested, I created a page on facebook which can be found here.

Good creativity with the shading and style of drawing, haha.

You draw surprisingly great compared to some I've seen. Great job on the Lady Gaga. :)

That shading.... I regret not continuing art classes in high school now. =P

Your overall art style just keeps getting better and better! How long did it take you to create each of your recent pieces?

Luckyfire said:
Good creativity with the shading and style of drawing, haha.

You draw surprisingly great compared to some I've seen. Great job on the Lady Gaga. :)

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Ice Arceus said:
That shading.... I regret not continuing art classes in high school now. =P

Your overall art style just keeps getting better and better! How long did it take you to create each of your recent pieces?

Thank you! I've seen visible progress in my art style and it's a great feeling to see others have as well! If I don't procrastinate, which I do at times, these recent drawings take about 2-4 hours. :)

Finished the drawing of the girl who looks like a doll on instagram. Made her right half into Raggedy Ann-ish though.
553007_488151031267757_1382686281_n.jpg

I like these very much, the only thing I would worry about I guess is branching out to test other things, but since you're taking art classes I would imagine you're doing some of that anyways

HolyMackerel said:
I like these very much, the only thing I would worry about I guess is branching out to test other things, but since you're taking art classes I would imagine you're doing some of that anyways

I've been thinking about how I could branch out more with my style without necessarily losing it all if that makes sense. I'm still working on full body portraits for my original characters and I'm taking two figure classes, one for the study of it and another for sculpting it so that should help.

In other news, one of my favorite artists commented on one of my works stating that I'm a refreshing new talent and he looks forward to how my style and skill develops. That literally made my night.

Dumping some art here. My style has been fluctuating a lot now that college started.

tumblr_mtfy6gPx5F1r8usuuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtfy9sgFRu1r8usuuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mthvhx6VPE1r8usuuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mthvjsv2wa1r8usuuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mthvnh0pIr1r8usuuo1_1280.jpg

Still looking brilliant. You create so much depth with shading it's hypnotic. The second is my favourite. You contrasted light and dark so well. What shades of pencil do you use?

Back