News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

SkylonBellows

This deck was always good
I got totally wrecked at the prerelease because of that absol. Turns out it's not at the end of your next turn, just immediate knockout. Everyone who heard what had happened was talking about how they should change the rules around the card, or ban it entirely like lysandre's trump card

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
hang on...
WHERE IS BABY LURANTIS?!
it's a blister promo with guardians rising
I got totally wrecked at the prerelease because of that absol. Turns out it's not at the end of your next turn, just immediate knockout. Everyone who heard what had happened was talking about how they should change the rules around the card, or ban it entirely like lysandre's trump card
But the card says right on it "at the end of your opponent's next turn"...

VillagerHoss

Pokemon Connoisseur, TCG Player and Collector
"...and the placement of damage counters from your opponent’s attacks and Abilities"

I have a hunch that this ability was worded this way because of Espeon-GX,
Not necessarily but that will definitely be an obstacle for Psychic/Ghost type users like Espeon GX. I think there are other GXs in SM2 w/ similar attacks

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
This'll be something I will make on PTCGO because it'll be cheap and no one will want them. The idea is there on paper, but unfortunately, it comes at a Stage too high and a requirement too large. Oh well.

-Asmer

Well, this could get out turn two, supposing you run Energy Loto and Rare Candy, but for an $8 deck, not bad.

I don't think the card is awful. The GX attack is a straight knock out the majority of the time, and I think if we see some good evolutions for this guy he may have some niche potential!

Jack - Omnipoke
I agree! The good thing is, everyone thinks this card is absolute trash, so you can get 4 Kommo-o GX for $8.

Last edited by a moderator:

itztal

Aspiring Trainer
is it possible to make a decent deck using either of the 2 theme decks and using cards from both sun and moon sets?

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
I agree.
I think SylveonGX will definitely be a contender in the meta~
I thought it would be the biggest thing showing up at tournaments, but then I looked at the Seattle tournament and saw that almost all of the decks were Garb
Can't wait until it is
A). Banned for being too OP
or
B). The meta slows down after rotation