News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Machoke's artwork reminds me Dark Machoke's artwork, and this makes my tears go down like a waterfall

40.jpg

Last edited:

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
Why are some Pokemon are getting printed in every other set and others are getting totally ignored.

Miatog

Go ahead, pet the owl. He doesn't bite....mice...
Advanced Member
That Machoke's power is nice, protection for the bench. Wish he had a better attack.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Machop - we will now have 2 Machops in Guardians Rising this May, this one and from the Rockruff deck.
  • Machoke - No more Bench Sniping but, Garbage is everywhere! 3 Geodudes
  • Machamp - pretty bit decent tho.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder how this will work against Trevanant Break.
Well it says prevent all damage from the opponents active pokemons attacks, as well as placement of damage counters from attacks and abilities to all of your benched pokemon, so only the active would get hit, unless you had something like Magearna EX in play the and you had a metal energy attached to the active.....right?

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Machoke is obviously a good support option against things like Espeon and Decidueye.

Machamp is actually interesting too though. I could see a deck that runs a 2-2-1 line with these cards, then if they lose a GX attacker they can teammates or ultra ball and pull out a Machamp for a revenge kill. This thing can situtationally hit over 200 with a choice band for 2 attachments which isn't bad. Submission isn't terrible either, the 3 F cost is annoying but you hit a solid 180 with band, 200 with band/strong energy or kukui.

Tauros/Machamp seems pretty strong in particular since Tauros is basically designed to trade with EX/GX cards then go down, then once it goes down you drop a Machamp to knock out whatever killed it, and even if they revenge your Machamp you're up on prizes. And at 160hp it's a pretty big ask to revenge it the next turn after losing 2 pokemon unless you're running mega mewtwo.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
There's never been an English set with Pikachu EX in it, but he was in the Battle Heart tins with Volcanion and Magearna
I know, and that's because it's a tin-exclusive promo. What I said was, there's never been a EX promo being released in a tin, before it appeared in an actual set. There's been plenty of EX's being exclusive to the tins (Kalos/Hoenn Starters).

I really like the Machoke artwork, though I find it kinda funny (like @silversalamence10 said) how much it looks like the Machamp artwork from Plasma Blast. If I'd been Kouki Saitou, I'd switched the poses a little, but hey. It looks good either way :p

Rendevoir

Aspiring Trainer
well, at least Latios storm combo is safe in expanded. i mean, nobody will tech machoke to stop it

Elray

Expanded Player
"...and the placement of damage counters from your opponent’s attacks and Abilities"

I have a hunch that this ability was worded this way because of Espeon-GX,