News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Damn it, WPM. Thanks for reminding me that Autumn and Winter Sawsbuck don't exist in the TCG. >.> Then again, there's plenty of Pokemon with only some of their formes represented, such as Arceus and Vivillon. I'd expect this will be like the later Vivillon cards, and only have a single art. Who knows, maybe this Minior will get the Furfrou treatment and get a ton of reprints with different art in future products.

Cosmoplosion sounds wicked but I'm more than a little disappointed with Minior. When Pokemon have unique Abilities in the game, you expect those to transfer over to the TCG - Shields Down being a good example; it could have read something along the lines of "For each damage counter on Minior, Minior's attacks do 10 more damage to the opponent's active Pokemon".

Eh, oh well, Cosmopolosion.

See? Bulu and Fini will be on the Necrozma set. Well, Bulu has its own Tin.
Well, yes and no. Tapu Fini definitely won't be in this set, but Tapu Bulu will. The twelve GX's will be: 1. Tapu Koko, 2. Tapu Lele, 3. Tapu Bulu, 4. Metagross, 5. Toxapex, 6. Wishiwashi, 7. Alolan Ninetales, 8. Drampa, 9. Turtonator, 10. Vikavolt, 11. Kommo-o and 12. Sylveon. There has not been an instance of a Pokémon being featured in a tin, before a non-promo artwork was in a set, so the likelyhood of Tapu Bulu appearing in the set, is rather high.

Well, I guess now I'll have to buy this ninetales.

You had to make it a GX, though? it's going to cost me a fortune. Not to mention the illustrations are are not as nice. Couldn't it be one by Nishida?

I feared that we would get a grass Phantump and now it happened. No need to play Jirachi in Trev. The thing is, without Dimension Valley you will have to up your energy count by at least 2, and possibly put in DCE

Trevenant Decidueye wouldn't be that bad of a deck now in expanded. Spread Damage and the ability to put 50, or even 70 a turn wherever you wanted might let it beat Dark. This might breathe new life into Trevenant sadly. At St. Louis, my 4 friends and I only played like 2 or 3 Trevenant all day. Dark is controlling it, but it will be interesting to see how Trevenat and Forest work out together.

If Protection Cube would of worked on Minior, that would be a scary deck. 190 + 2 Strong Energy + Fighting Stadium = 250. Nothing in the meta lives that.

Cosmoplosion is extremely clever as it references to the fact that it can learn Explosion in the games.

Well, yes and no. Tapu Fini definitely won't be in this set, but Tapu Bulu will. The twelve GX's will be: 1. Tapu Koko, 2. Tapu Lele, 3. Tapu Bulu, 4. Metagross, 5. Toxapex, 6. Wishiwashi, 7. Alolan Ninetales, 8. Drampa, 9. Turtonator, 10. Vikavolt, 11. Kommo-o and 12. Sylveon. There has not been an instance of a Pokémon being featured in a tin, before a non-promo artwork was in a set, so the likelyhood of Tapu Bulu appearing in the set, is rather high.

No. Lycanroc-GX is in the set. The set description for Guardians Rising confirms this: "Visit Alola for Pokémon fun, from the beaches to the mountain peaks—and discover new traditions and new challenges! Meet the island guardians Tapu Koko-GX and Tapu Lele-GX, and sharpen your skills with Kahuna Hala and Captain Mallow! Be amazed by the secret powers of Kommo-o-GX, Lycanroc-GX, Metagross-GX, Sylveon-GX, Toxapex-GX, Vikavolt-GX, and many more! Come to the islands, and seize the power of the Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Guardians Rising expansion!"

I agree Bulu would be likely given the tin but it is just as likely the tin will be the ONLY Bulu card we get, Koko gets reprinted due to it being the popular one and Bulu ends up a unique card. A bit odd but unless Drampa gets delayed again until a future box than that's the most likely scenario.

No. Lycanroc-GX is in the set. The set description for Guardians Rising confirms this: "Visit Alola for Pokémon fun, from the beaches to the mountain peaks—and discover new traditions and new challenges! Meet the island guardians Tapu Koko-GX and Tapu Lele-GX, and sharpen your skills with Kahuna Hala and Captain Mallow! Be amazed by the secret powers of Kommo-o-GX, Lycanroc-GX, Metagross-GX, Sylveon-GX, Toxapex-GX, Vikavolt-GX, and many more! Come to the islands, and seize the power of the Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon—Guardians Rising expansion!"

I agree Bulu would be likely given the tin but it is just as likely the tin will be the ONLY Bulu card we get, Koko gets reprinted due to it being the popular one and Bulu ends up a unique card. A bit odd but unless Drampa gets delayed again until a future box than that's the most likely scenario.
I second the motion.

MY EVALUATIONS
  • Cute Minior - 190 for a 1 Prize giveaway isn't good enough, but 190 for 3 energy, Strong Energy pumps up the damage is good! (190 + 60 = 250, OHKO Incineroar)

Oh right, I knew I had forgotten something. Sorry @Mr. Rhyperior, you were right all along! :p
I still think it's weird that they'll release the tin promo, and not the card in the set, but they've done that before, so it might not be that weird after all

Oh right, I knew I had forgotten something. Sorry @Mr. Rhyperior, you were right all along! :p
I still think it's weird that they'll release the tin promo, and not the card in the set, but they've done that before, so it might not be that weird after all
Just because they've done it before doesn't stop it from feeling weird. When I saw one Tapu I assumed all four would be in the set...it's weird...

There's never been an English set with Pikachu EX in it, but he was in the Battle Heart tins with Volcanion and Magearna

Back