News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

There's a number here that are pretty lackluster or bad but you really cannot say ALL of them here are terrible.
I guess that's true. What I meant is that none of them look like they'll be used in every meta deck or anything. They're not overpowered like many Mega Evolutions and Pokémon-BREAK were.
EDIT: There weren't any Pokemon that were always used in every XY-era meta deck(except Shaymin). Sorry

Last edited:
I guess that's true. What I meant is that none of them look like they'll be used in every meta deck or anything. They're not overpowered like many Mega Evolutions and Pokémon-BREAK were.

There were no Megas or BREAKs in every deck.

There is, however, Tapu LeleGX... which is one of the best staples printed in recent years.

Well, I screenshot the RR Decidueye GX, when I watched the pre-releases on YouTube. I think the Card number was accurate tho.

Credits to whom I got this info, Ash Ketchup's video

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-22-23-42-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-22-23-42-44.png
    287.2 KB · Views: 12
My, what a delicious combination of strategy and brute strength! I expect to see lots of decks with Choice Band! I wonder why there never was a full art Big Malasada or something?

There were no Megas or BREAKs in every deck.

There is, however, Tapu LeleGX... which is one of the best staples printed in recent years.
But there were EX's, such as Shaymin. And many popular decks used BREAKS or Megas, even if they weren't the same.

But there were EX's, such as Shaymin. And many popular decks used BREAKS or Megas, even if they weren't the same.

The opposite is also true, however.
Lapras runs GX Pokemon.
Volcanion and Darkrai run neither BREAKs nor Megas.
Decidueye is a mix of all, except BREAK
In order of popularity, I'd say its:
EX > GX ≥ Normal Pokemon > BREAK

Though, when things rotate out, a lot of staples may be dropping into expanded; such as the Shaymin you mentioned
Causing the EX and GX gap to lessen significantly.
BREAKs just... require too much commitment, and a lot of them are just not worth it.
Even Greninja isn't seeing a lot of play these days (which is a deck that doesn't use Shaymin).

Last edited:
Now that I had a chance to see the confirmed list of the set. This is pretty lit. I am gonna enjoy deck building with this one. Let's go!

Man, two sets in a row with like two dozen secret rares. PCL and TPCi are determined to kill my interest as a collector, I guess.
Don't lose faith. The beauty of being a collector is that you don't care when you get them. There is no shame in waiting for the cards to fall out of favor and thus their price tags falls accordingly.

As it stands, the preorder on TrollandToad.com for the good cards are:
Tapu Lele RA 45 $$
T Lele FA 65 $$
T Lele RR 90 $$
DCE GOLD 100 $$

You guys might not be a fan of this deck but I'm planning to make mega slowbro with aqua patch and big malasada for it's confusing issue. Hope it can do things lol. It'll be with weavile and heavy boots too. I know leaf blower is a thing but still got the malasadas lol.

Last edited:
If Vespi-March were still alive, Oricorio Sensu would've taken good care of it :)

Back