News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Anyone have the link to a full list of Sumo+2?

Sableye prolly won't be that good.... It does no damage.... Even with decidueye opponents of only have to get energy to do 60 dmg. Garbador is the one to watch out for...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilltop Stream is Brooklet Hill, btw!

Lots of good stuff. Echoing the thrills of Field Blower and Rescue Stretcher.

I want as many full art Hala cards as I can get my hands on. That is such a cool looking card.

Dude field blower holy hell. Gonna make this game so much more interesting especially since fighting fury belt tanks won't rule the game anymore. I also think it's crazy that they're printing like 4 staples in this set lol

All of the Alolan Ninetales look amazing! Too bad Ninetales doesn't seem to be that big in a competitive stance but someone should be able to work something with it.

The Lycanroc GX Rainbow Rare looks so pretty(it looks like there's a moon behind him, which makes so much sense considering he is in the set "MOONLIGHT Of Alola")

Also, Drampa, the dragon type, is weak to metal??? I think that's a typo.

Very surprised with this set. One of the best Sun and Moon sets so far(imo).
Even more important is that he's the midnight form. Rockruff only evolves into him in Moon.

That metagross GX is the pick of the bunch for this set it in terms of artwork.

Last edited:
just an important note.(i guess)
elixir search for top 6 cards and loto search for top 7 + it is any energy... so special energy counts

Some opinions so far:
  • Turtonator-GX - it's first attack is solid and its GX attack (in Volcanion in particular) is astounding if used at the optimum time.
  • Alolan Sandslash - probably useful in some kind of Water Box deck. Its ability is useful, and its attack isn't bad at all.
  • Tapu Koko GX - Its ability is good (better than Dragonite FLF because its attacks only require Lightning Energy), but I'm not too much of a fan of its attacks. I guess its GX attack is good late-game or otherwise when your opponent is pretty well set up, but yeah. Not too strong.
  • Slowbro - I've said it elsewhere, but I adore the artwork on this! A definite Southern Islands vibe - I wonder if that's deliberate?
  • Machoke - could see play with all of the Decidueye flying around the place! And Espeon GX (although it's weak to Psychic so maybe not).
  • Comfey - A 1-of in all Fairy decks for sure, why not? It's like Slurpuff XY only it's a basic.
  • Drampa - A Dragon-type with Colorless attacks is interesting! Not sure of it's uses yet though, since nothing is weak to Dragon. I guess it's still sort of Energy acceleration?
  • Komala - I can see this thing being the star of pre-releases! Attach an Energy that turn and guaranteed hitting for 100!
  • Energy Lotto - If the translation stays as "Energy" and doesn't change to "basic Energy" then this has potential. Otherwise, why would you play it over Max Elixir?
  • Field Blower - The star of the set surely?! Tool Removal finally, with an added bonus of being able to remove Stadiums! (I know Paint Roller does too, but still).
  • Aether Paradise Conservation Area - More Grass support! A good card, though.
Not only do we get tool removal, we get SECRET RARE tool removal, wow!
  • Phantump - A Grass-type Phantump is interesting! I don't think it'll be used in Expanded with FoGP as much as initially thought though, because Dimension Valley is just better overall.
  • Trevenant - Its attack is kinda cool, if you play a 2-2 split or something with item lock Trev you can potentially hit for some big numbers with it.
  • Salazzle - Guaranteed Poison and Burn is nice! It's attack is a bit basic, though.
  • Garbodor - Probably my favourite damaging Pokémon revealed so far! That first attack could be brutal! And its name is just hilarious.
  • Tapu Lele GX - Probably the best all-round Pokémon revealed so far. Ability - proven solid concept. Attack - proven solid concept (shame it can't hit for Weakness though). GX attack - has potential if used in a Psychic deck.
  • Lycanroc GX - I'm quite excited about this card too, mainly because my friend just came 2nd at a League Cup with the other Lycanroc GX deck! I love its ability and it's GX attack is an awesome surprise move for a nice Energy cost.
  • Sableye - Probably the card that will annoy everyone! Although I've got to say, Item lock still annoys me more.
  • Aqua Patch - Doesn't even need commenting on really. Again, a proven solid concept that dominated a format.
  • Rescue Stretcher - intriguing idea, but I still think overall I prefer Super Rod.
And we get Secret Rare Aqua Patch as well, wow!

Overall, I'm definitely more hyped for this set than I was for Sun & Moon, I just think there are more good cards in this set.

I think that.....

Garnoder will get some play for the first attack.
Rescue stretcher will Replace Revive.
Field Blower will Get a lot of play. It is basicly Paint Roller and Tool Scraper together!

that goodra has some ladder memedeck potential with Solgaleo, sol burst and drop 5DCE/DDE on it for an attack that can do 200 damage to anything on the opponent's field, lysandre something in to stall with and use blowers to discard float stones.

Then you concede and go next, it's a ladder deck, not something I'd bring to an event. Of course you don't need to drop all of the energy on Goodra either.

Hoping for some more evolution support because there are a lot of stage 2s with synergy but of course a deck with 2 stage 2s and no fogp is by definition janky.

This is awesome! This set will be a huge boon to Metal decks due to Metagross-GX which allows you to attach from the Discard (Genesect returns!), and Dhelmise with the extra 10 damage (once again, Genesect? Or maybe something else, I don't know... XD). Either way, I'd better make sure to pick up at least 2 Tapu Lele and some Metagross.

Back