News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

It feels like they put that first attack as a joke for wishiwashi-gx. "These attacks are MASSIVE 5 energy cost, also demands 3 water energy so you can't even rely completely on dce! Oh and water gun, 20 damage."

Do you think they're going to continue making non-GX Wishiwashi after this one, with different abilities? It'd be funny to see one that could attach itself to a GX as a water energy.

Did I read correctly ?? 210 HP on a Basic. 250 with FFB. How did a 30 HP Pokemon gets a 210 HP GX card ?

Next thing you know, we will get 700 HP basic Pokemon, hitting 650 for a DCE.
This is getting out of hand. Not that I am complaining.

Did I read correctly ?? 210 HP on a Basic. 250 with FFB. How did a 30 HP Pokemon gets a 210 HP GX card ?

Next thing you know, we will get 700 HP basic Pokemon, hitting 650 for a DCE.
This is getting out of hand. Not that I am complaining.

i guess you really didn't consider the fact that his attack cost are even more terrible than kommo gx and the attack itself is not so great as it takes 5 energy

Wow, Wishiwashi is already washed up...I mean, really? Why not just use Wishiwash GX and not the small fry? Ugh...Maybe if you could get the GX from your deck, but it's your hand...And 30HP. Wishiwashi describes how Pokemon is being with this Pokemon...

Wow, Wishiwashi is already washed up...I mean, really? Why not just use Wishiwash GX and not the small fry? Ugh...Maybe if you could get the GX from your deck, but it's your hand...And 30HP. Wishiwashi describes how Pokemon is being with this Pokemon...

I am sure the reason is so that you can put down a small fry that no one really wants to target while having a more substantive target up front for people to focus on. Then swoop in with a big fat GX and try to sweep. That's me theory crafting. In reality, you put that small fry down, put a DCE or a couple of W energy on it, someone decides it must be worth knocking out, and proceeds to own it wasting your set up. And given the massive energy cost of that GX behemoth, it is almost unusable.

There has to be some new form of water energy acceleration coming. It is the only explanation for these massive W energy costs being tossed around all over the place.

Wishiwashi's Ability should have included the ability to revert back to the little guy. Could have been slightly amazing.

Wishiwashi's Ability should have included the ability to revert back to the little guy. Could have been slightly amazing.

That would actually be a pretty cool way to change a 2 prize ko into a 1 prize ko.

Why didn't they just use a Wishiwashi BREAK evolution? That would make more sense to using the small basic, but I guess they really want to push this new GX gimmick (not that I dislike the GX cards, but BREAK would fit better here).

Why didn't they just use a Wishiwashi BREAK evolution? That would make more sense to using the small basic, but I guess they really want to push this new GX gimmick (not that I dislike the GX cards, but BREAK would fit better here).

I think they might be done creating BREAKs. Which sucks. They seem like they could be viable in this new era. Then again, I am pretty bummed the stopped using Ancient Traits too. Always thought those added a lot of spice to a deck and are a key component to Mega Ray's early set up.

I don’t think we’re going to see any more BREAK evolutions. I’d guess the mechanic is going to be phased out in tandem with EX cards.

EDIT: Slow, same opinion above

A bunch of huge water energy attack costs plus you fini is the only tapu not revealed yet? Tapu fini energy acceleration confirmed.

Interesting, I was just talking about this in another thread. {Cowardice} Wishiwashi is going to be superior in Max Elixir strategies, as it enables a Pokémon to take the bench spot at the start the of game to soak up Max Elixir energy, where Wishiwashi can then be returned to the hand (like a free retreat) and enable the Benched Pokémon to swing in for a heavy attack.

The Wishiwashi then makes good bait for cards like Misty's Determination, which can reach far into the deck and grab additional copies of Max Elixir without altering the deck's energy contents. Ultra Ball and others come to mind as well as great bait. Teammates yet another powerplay, as it can grab two more Max Elixir, while another Wishiwashi moves in (which can be returned for free in the same way).

The {Schooling} one appears to have greater potential in the Expanded format—with the [Seafaring] strategy—as it enables a Wishiwashi to take the bench spot and soak up [Seafaring] energy for the GX to later replace it.

The GX looks to have immense potential with Scramble Switch in the Expanded format as well. While the GX attack makes an effective backup to that potential, in the event you have to send a very powerful Pokémon to Davey Jones locker. It also works great with the Max Elixir strategy, as it enables more tactical distribution of energy cards, stretching those Max Elixirs farther. Ninja Boy would make an amazing powerplay after the GX attack, transforming an empty Wishiashi GX into a more versatile Pokémon.

Wishiwashi-GX is going to have 250HP with Fighting Fury Belt, so that's like epic longevity in the wake of dealing 130 damage at a time (not counting Professor Kukui's effect—which can stack that damage of its attacks up to 150/250).

Last edited:

How did that wash up shore?

I'm not at all surprised Wishiwashi GX is the school form. I figured this would be the case some time ago, and I'm certain that I'm not the only one either.

I love the art on Wishiwashi-GX....It looks kinda like the water has been dyed red from the prey of the Wishiwashi...Maybe that's just my twisted mind talking to me.

Back