News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Oh baby, I love me some Fliptini! Can't wait to see what wonderful things we get alongside this to abuse.

-Asmer

Wow that artwork its nice but as all Dragon types are hard to make deck for :eek:
Insanity 240 damage though and 130 damage for diffrent attack same energy cost

That Fierce Uppercut is looking scary.
We need to get some decent support for Dragon Types.

DDE and DCE attachments on same Pokemon is risky. They are not basic energies that you can afford to loose, seeing a rapid surge in disruption decks.

Its kinda meh seems like it will be way to hard to get going. Very cool art work and gx attack , that first attack has an awesome name.

I guess this would be the first significant Dragon Pokemon(Beside Giratina) where you don't have Attack Effects that make those cards useless.

Dragon Pokemon usually have effects which requires you to discard energies or where you can not use the attack during next turn.

Amazing artwork but very hard to make it playable, the attacks are very meh for its energy costs and being a stage 2. Lurantis-GX is so much better.

This card is pretty bad. Very reliant on DDE which could be getting rotated and needs 4 energy to do anything in a meta where Yveltal-EX and Mewtwo-Y are everywhere.

The secondary effect on its primary attack is interesting, means it doesn't care about Glaceon-EX which has, in theory, been looking more appealing as evolution cards become more common. And any Regice-AOR style cards designed to counter GX cards won't be a factor either.

But the Lurantis comparison above is really relevant, Lurantis-GX just feels like its flat out better than this card. Slightly less HP, but Solar Blade's heal offsets that. Chloroscythe with 4 grass energy hits for 40 less than sky uppercut but a Kukui can bump it up to 220 which is enough to OHKO anything but stage 2 GX cards, and it will come out at least a turn or two earlier.

Maybe there's some kind of stadium or other support coming that will make his first attack relevant, stacking DR up to make it a tank or something.

This'll be something I will make on PTCGO because it'll be cheap and no one will want them. The idea is there on paper, but unfortunately, it comes at a Stage too high and a requirement too large. Oh well.

-Asmer

I don't get why they like to make the Dragon Types that are after the original Dragons Exalted set need so much energy to attack with when they need multiple energy types on to do their better attacks especially the Stage 2s. Yeah they have their own special energy now and ones like Chaos Wheel should be expensive being on a basic and so debilitating to the opposition it warrants it. The majority of them are just too much without enough of a bang to be worthwhile I really want cost effective ones like the Garchomp from Dragon's Exalted. Also the Gabite with Dragon Call is another thing they need a good support middle stage

If anything is it too much to ask for the GX attack to only be a fighting and electric energy? It's a once per game attack would it hurt to have it a few energy cheaper?

I don't get why they like to make the Dragon Types that are after the original Dragons Exalted set need so much energy to attack with when they need multiple energy types on to do their better attacks especially the Stage 2s. Yeah they have their own special energy now and ones like Chaos Wheel should be expensive being on a basic and so debilitating to the opposition it warrants it. The majority of them are just too much without enough of a bang to be worthwhile I really want cost effective ones like the Garchomp from Dragon's Exalted. Also the Gabite with Dragon Call is another thing they need a good support middle stage

If anything is it too much to ask for the GX attack to only be a fighting and electric energy? It's a once per game attack would it hurt to have it a few energy cheaper?
That would be too much to ask for, but only because its a GX attack that basically guarantees an OHKO.

Shred, however, could and should be cheaper. I would agree with having it be a 2 Energy Attack considering its a forced 2HKO on EX Pokemon and that even with the bonus, it isn't enough to warrant it being a 3 Energy Cost, let alone a 4 Energy Cost IMO (this is also considering that it's a Stage 2 Pokemon). Still, that's TPCi for you.

-Asmer

I don't think the card is awful. The GX attack is a straight knock out the majority of the time, and I think if we see some good evolutions for this guy he may have some niche potential!

Jack - Omnipoke

I mean, this is sort of the gimmick of the Dragon type though, is it not? The same way the Fire type has generally leaned towards Energy discard penalties, or the Water type encourages attachment of additional Energy beyond base attack costs for additional effects/damage, the Dragon type generally features higher base attack costs.

Each strategy has its respective benefits and drawbacks, and special Energy cards associated with given types are being provided with effects that counter the drawbacks. If you find the Dragon type has prohibitive Energy costs that you can't successfully tech to accomodate for, then build decks using another type.

Kommo-o GX might be usable with Lurantis GX and (possibly) Vikavolt to get the energy going pretty quick, only real problem I see is that it would take 3 types of energy, Lightning and Fighting for Kommo-o and Grass for Lurantis (Grass could also cover the Colorless part of Kommo-o as well)

MY EVALUATIONS
  • V-Flip Victini - someone asks me how I evaluate this guy clearly, here's it is: It can be good in some decks that requires coin flips like Incineroar, Dragonite, etc. Got it?
  • Kommo-O GX - NATU good but NATU bad. 240 for 4 energy is brutal but 4 for 130 isn't. There are some Pokemon who deal 120+ for 3 Energy like Lycanroc

I was so sure he'd have electric/steel attack costs, as most of his body is grey with yellow highlights. What gives??

Back