Is Chandelar Broken?

• Just Shadow Tag Chandelar is broken

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Neither Chandelars are broken

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Both Chandelars are broken

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
It can Substitute on a Pokemon that will not harm it and Calm Mind all day. How can Tyranitar or Absol damage it if they can't switch in?

lol It is invincible! XD, why can't Arceus be more like Chandelar then? I mean its a God and everything so why not...?

Most powerful and best basic stage (lol emo candle) , but best pokemon in Gen V is the Power Ranger one IMO XD

I think the same, except i have a lot of favorites, all in my team +the monkeys and the ground/ghost.
I think the old pokemon are in need of stat boosts though. Atleast we got dw abilities. Ninetales with drought? Oh yeah!

This pokey is definitely cool and powerful. You shouldn't overlook his Ground, Rock, and Water weaknesses, though. They're common attacks.

frostwind:nice team,looks really good,but i wouldn't think to use sazando as a special attacker,with chandler and all.zebraika is a good physical,and that i agree with.doryuzu will get drilliner for sure,unless its a bad move.and my team nicknames will be:
daikenki:Mist Tide
zebraika:Raika or light
doryuzu:TerraDrill
sazando:BlackHydra
chandelar:Soul Burn
shubarugo:Holy Lance

It has a decent typing which gives it a few nice resistances and immunity to 2 types. I would of prefered if it had Levitate to get rid of that ground weakness though. It has pretty good efences so it might be able to withstand at least 1 non-STAB move. i can see this pokemon being used alot with the Choice Scarf set.

This thing is highly broken I can see it like this:
Shandeara uses substitute,down to 25% of Health eats salac berry speed rises huge = instant death.

Shiny shadow-nice nicknames. Sazando has special attack as its highest stat. For that it can use 2 stab moves, have flamethrower to further power chandelera, and one filler. The goal is for it and zbolt to power up themselves while also empowering chandelera. Both are really capeable of special moves and i always have 2 users of each attack stat. Pm me and ill explain more.
Chandelera uses substitute. Then uses slac berry or heals with leftovers. Then starts building itself up calm mind. By then itll be mostly healed and sped up for sweeping. All it needed was levitate:( What would beat it?
Im off to sleep for now.

cant a pokemon like machamp just use stone edge on chandelock(i thought of it first, i should trademark it)and 2HKO it?

Maybe. But not with substitute. Plus, im pretty sure the meta game is in triple battles. A strong psychic pokemon can stop it. Plus, many pokemon can use fire moves. Whether its flamethrower, or nitro charge, they can power up chanderras fire moves. Besides, machamp are slow and can be destroyed by those who fear it with a simple psychic. Too bad it didnt get levitate. Would have been great with groudon. It can hit nearly anything with neutral damage. If nitro charge was special, it would dominate. Needs some teamates to outspeed weavile. And overpower tyranitar.

Increase its special stats while blissey does nothing. It has control with shadow tag and it gets to truly decide what happens next. My team so far is made to stop this deadlock though. To let blissey wait helplessly as chanderras special attack readies a sweep or switch in to the blissey is up to the user though. Hydra would even have some trouble without surf.

You get Shanderaa by using a dusk stone making it easy to get for one.

And it has an attack called Bursting Flame that hits a pokemon than hits the pokemon around the pokemon that just go hit

than there is Evil eye that inflicts a status condition that does DOT

And there is also the attack Purgatory that uses a violent flame to hurt and burn the opponent

Than there is an attack for berry dependent pokemon
TM59 Incinerate attacks opponent with fire and burns any berry opponent is holding, rendering it unusable

Has for its most important stats Sp. ATK n Spd

its max SP. ATK(neutral) range is (lv50)150-197 (lv100)295-389
Spd(neutral) rang is (lv50) 85-132 (Lv100)165-259

THough the defenses are nice as they are same on physical n special being
(lv50) 95-142 (lv100)185-279

The more i learn about this guy the more i am happy i though of putting him on my Ghost/Dark team before any info was really released about him except typing, image, and name

Just thinking the same things.
Now im setting up a drk/gho team just because i love the typings and chanderra/hydra. Really, it all depends on what everyone else decides to use. I think dentulas ability scared foes from using berries though. Think it could take down just about anything with the right team. It might even be able to take down some rain teams with 2 good backups. could be used in sunny day teams which got a major upgrade with solar power charizard and nintales with drought. I think its just here to setup and either sweep or lockdown.

Just thinking the same things.
Now im setting up a drk/gho team just because i love the typings and chanderra/hydra. Really, it all depends on what everyone else decides to use. I think dentulas ability scared foes from using berries though. Think it could take down just about anything with the right team. It might even be able to take down some rain teams with 2 good backups. could be used in sunny day teams which got a major upgrade with solar power charizard and nintales with drought. I think its just here to setup and either sweep or lockdown.

Will chandelier get a speed boosting move? if not then non CT would not be broken at all. there are plenty of pokemon with more than 80 base speed in OU that could easily one hit KO him. If he has some kind of speed boosting move however, i agree that he would be some-what broken. Either way, he is a great partener to either scizor or the new knite-like bug/steel pokemon.

^it can learn nitro charge through TM though the ATK boost is piontless and the fact its a physical attack makes it even more piontless

Back