• Neither Chandelars are broken

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Both Chandelars are broken

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

Bugaham

Aspiring Trainer
isshu-pokemon-115.jpg
We all know Chandelar. With stats of 60 hp 55 attack, 90 defense, 145 sp. attack, 90 sp. defense, and 80 speed, he seems like a really tough to beat pokmon. He also has two excellent abilities- flame body will destroy physical sweepers, and flash fire will allow him to switch in to fire attacks, get a boost, and sweep. But he has a third ability- SHADOW TAG! Shadow Tag wouldn't be too useful, but he can learn some awesome attacks. Calm Mind, Substitute, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball. The perfect set. Switch into something that can't hurt Chandelar, (6 resistances, 2 immunites!) substitute, calm mind, and sweep! And an added benefit to the sweeping- he can neutrally effect nearly every pokemon in the game. Which is really good! So, here's the discussion- is Shadow Tag Chandelar broken? What about a non Shadow Tag Chandelar?

This pokemon is going on my competitive team and is obviously 1 of or the best 5th gen pokemon

I would think a Shadow Tag one would be more broken than the Pokemon having the ability Flame Body and Flash Fire.

I'm planning on putting this Pokemon on my team, but I'm not going to play competitively, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Well in terms of it's base stat total, it's about the same league as many other with a similar level of power (It's base stat total is 520 if you're wondering). Stat wise the only real thing that makes it special is Special Attack, and most other Pokemon of the same level have higher Attack and Special Attack than Chandelar's defensive stats. Besides Sazando could probably anihilate anyways, even though I'm using both Pokemon on my team when I get the game.

i will most likely use it as replacement gengar/hypno
glass cannon if you get the speed up

Depends on what everyone else will use. Do you want easy switch ins or keep foes from doing the same. Going on my team. Pretty sweet pokemon to have and my favorite object based pokemon (sorry icecream).
Great moves? Check
Great abilities? Check
Great desgn? Check
Great stats? Check
Great typing? Check
Hope it wont get banned

@Shiramu- Yeah, Chandelar will be destroyed by Sazando, but every pokemon has another poke that can destroy it. For example, Gyrados completely kils Heatran but Jolteon completely kills Gyrados.. Plus, you wouldn't switch Chandelar into Sazando.

@Frostwind- Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be banned too.. I really want this guy on my team!

Depends on what everyone else will use. Do you want easy switch ins or keep foes from doing the same. Going on my team. Pretty sweet pokemon to have and my favorite object based pokemon (sorry icecream).
Great moves? Check
Great abilities? Check
Great desgn? Check
Great stats? Check
Great typing? Check
Hope it wont get banned

If it has Shadow Tag wouldn't it get banned?, Anyway this just makes it even better, who knew emo candle could evolve into something this awesome

I know right. This and sazando are gonna rock the metagame. The chandeleer already has a great moveset too. Best ghost ever since gengar in every way imo.

Yeah (hope it doesnt get put into Ubers straight away), Gengar was suprisingly good, but this would probably knock it out.
Yeah Sazando will be able to take this out, but they will be good sweepers

I don't really battle pokemon competitively, I just learned how to EV Train a while ago, so could someone possibly explain 'broken'.

Although, I do understand what everyone is saying with movesets and stats. And I do think that Chandelar is a *great* pokemon to have on a team. I'm actually planning to have it on mine. It's like the Crazy Ghost type of Gen V (Drifblim being Gen IV) x)

Broken=Incredibly awsome stats and possibly moves.
I'm totally using Chandelar, the Basic Stage is so cute!

And then the cute little emo candle turns ba and destroys everything. The end.
Its a win no matter what stage its in. Bet its signature move is will o wisp.
I got it! For my team i can have my zbolt spam nitro charge on chandeleer. Itll get faster and the ghost gets more powerful as it readies a flamethrower....
Only thing i dont like is that it gets shadowtag instead of levitate.

@frostwind- Agreed. I'd rather have him with levitate than with shadowtag.. Now we're dealing with "Chandelar is epic, but will he get banned?". With levitate, it would've been "Chandelar is going to be near the top of the metagame".

my team:
chandelar position:special sweeper
sazando position:all-around sweeper
doryuzu position:physical sweeper
daikenki position: still deciding,may take out for special wall
zebraika scarfed sweeper
shubarugo: physical sweeper/wall
obviously not the best in defense,but this gen doesn't have good walls,mostly the existing walls are physical,and i need a special wall(shrug).if you have any ideas,please pm me or reply to this post. i need a special wall,so much so i'm willing to take out my starter.Or should i just leave it because its fine the way it is.please help

I love this guy, he has relatively good defenses to go with his bulbous Special Attack, and a very easy to use speed stat, combine that with Shadow Tag and you have a pokemon who would likely get banned, there is little doubt of that. As for the other two, you have the choice of crippling Physical attackers as Payback, or immunity to Fire, neither are really used competitively, but then again nothing had those with stats like these, and with those aiding it, it'll raise chaos. Lastly let's compare him to the bumped up G-chomp. His defenses were in five points of this guys, and he had twelve more speed, and G-chomp ruled lord supreme, and I see this guy getting similar treatment.

Those of you saying you want it to be OU really need to know about the metagame. FF would mean it's a Heatran counter, something that would normally counter it. Shadow Tag means it could be a huge problum, and apparently, I feel it's broken. I mean really, what was GF thinking? The 5th gen will kill stall. I don't see why you like the fact that something will ruin OU. No matter it's small HP or whatever. I hate the entire 5th gen.

Back