Pokemon Interesting Pokédex Entries

Ohman177

Aspiring Trainer
Whether because it's funny, thought provoking, or down right ridiculous, post some entries and what you think about them.
I'll start it off with the standard Hypno entry.
"It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.'
Hypno's the pokemon version of The Pied Piper of Hamelin and that's just creepy. The original story always scared me as a little kid.

Remember that they don't all have to be creepy.

RE: Interesting Pokedex Entries

The one from white.
Darumaka:Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm. Is really funny IMO
Also any of the other ones TheJWittz has on a small video series about creepy/weird dex entries. Because they generally are that.

When a Banette opens its mouth, it dies. That's one everyone seems to forget, which I find sad. :(

Houndoom's howl can apparently summon the Grim Reaper.

Okay then.

To all future posters in this thread: Remember to post what you think of the entry you post, not just the entry itself. Those who have posted already, please update your posts to include this information.

Hoothoot- (gold version ) " it always stands on one foot. it changes feet so fast, the movement can rarely be seen"

Hoothoot has 2 legs! I didn't know that ,do you?

Ok they managed to make me confused: in its artwork - its stands on one foot or is that 2 joined together ? I'm not sure..lol

scattered mind said:
Hoothoot- (gold version ) " it always stands on one foot. it changes feet so fast, the movement can rarely be seen"

Hoothoot has 2 legs! I didn't know that ,do you?

Ok they managed to make me confused: in its artwork - its stands on one foot or is that 2 joined together ? I'm not sure..lol

I always thought of it as a duck or flamingo pose, with one feet tucked underneath its body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3E4Wtdo4Gc&t=8m38s

Hoothoot's 3D animation has always displayed it alternating its feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhcsS_TuS2w&t=1m23s

Here it is seen with both feet at once.

This is a really funny and weird one:

Escavalier:

"They fly around at high speed"
What is funny and weird about it is that Escavaliers base speed stat is only 20
One of the slowest Pokemon in the game.

I wonder if they do that on purpose

This isn't interesting, per se, but Exeggcute's 'Dex entries constantly contradict each other:

R/S: "This Pokémon consists of six eggs that form a closely knit cluster. The six eggs attract each other and spin around. When cracks increasingly appear on the eggs, Exeggcute is close to evolution."
FR: "Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds."
LG: "It is often mistaken for eggs. When disturbed, they gather quickly and attack in swarms."

Since all of 5th gen said it was eggs, I'm expecting XY to contradict this, with the whole "it's mistaken for eggs, its actually seeds etc"
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Basculin's B2W2 mention about it being tasty; this kind of stuff isn't usually seen in the games (well, the whole concept of Pokemon being used as food for humans is generally avoided)

Back