I'm curious about something...

Reggie McGigas

-
I am wondering if you can get very old packs like neo genesis or base set in those sets with the pikachu promo. They come with 2 random packs. I have gotten Call of Legends and Stormfront in one, Arceus and Emerging Powers in another. That brings me to another question: What packs CAN you get in these promo packages?

I really doubt it.
Those packages you see at stores like Target, Kmart, or Wal-mart are packaged by a third party vendor not associated with Nintendo.
The old sets like Neo were made by Wizards of the Coast.

The oldest packs I've ever seen in anything like that were TMTA packs and that was about a year ago. Doubt you could get anything older that platinum series now though.

If I know the ones you're thinking of, I got an EX Legend Maker in one of those packs, once. That was definitely the oldest, and it was a one off. I used to get those things from Target when I first was getting back into the TCG since it was a good way to get a bunch of promos that I'd never seen before and in decent shape, too. Usually it was HGSS packs, with a DP-era pack tossed in. Sometimes I could tell what packs it was based on the side image.

Also, @The-Kaiser: If I'm correct in what I'm thinking he's talking about, they're 3rd party packaged blisters with a promo card and 3 packs. The packs are all stacked together, so you can't see which ones they are except the front one. Typical price is $10. When I first started getting them, the promo card was in the front so you could see what it was, but for the last year or so, whenever I've seen them the promo card was hidden in the middle so you couldn't see what it was. I was able to get a few different promos from those packs, but there was an HGSS Pikachu promo card that was most common.

Artemis said:
Also, @The-Kaiser: If I'm correct in what I'm thinking he's talking about, they're 3rd party packaged blisters with a promo card and 3 packs. The packs are all stacked together, so you can't see which ones they are except the front one. Typical price is $10. When I first started getting them, the promo card was in the front so you could see what it was, but for the last year or so, whenever I've seen them the promo card was hidden in the middle so you couldn't see what it was. I was able to get a few different promos from those packs, but there was an HGSS Pikachu promo card that was most common.

Yes, I'm talking about those. I frogot to mention the third pack in my examples because I usually only remember the ones I get the best cards from. My friend opened one recently and got next destinies hs triumphant and black and white with the pikachu promo. He got Zekrom full art! I have never seen a next destinies in one of those before, so I'm wondering if they might have updated them. Also I belive they don't have an official name.

Ah, those things. I saw one last week that had an EX Hidden Legends packs in it, I bought it on a whim and pulled a Vileplume ex. The other two packs were an Emerging Powers pack with a Catcher and a Noble Victories pack with a normal AND reverse Eelektrik as well as an N. I haven't bought any others, but the only other rotated packs I've seen in them was Triumphant and Legends Awakened. But yeah, it seems they can go pretty far back.

Hmmm i might get one just for that then.

I keep wondering if i should do a all English Pikachu card collection

The-Kaiser said:

I have some those cards for sale or trade.

In my area we still have those with EX Dragon Frontiers and EX Power Keepers.

Nearly bought them all last time I was at Target but I decided against it.

I recently found 3 of the 4 pack blister boxes (thin boxes) with promo holo pop 4 flygon. I had to buy them (still missing 1 card from UF and 1 from LM) all since they all contain Unseen Forces, Legend Maker, Holon Phantoms, and POP 2. No ultra rares but pulled at least 6 holo rares including some Unowns. Pretty rare find but there are still sealed boxes, cases, and packs out there in warehouses or something.

I've seen these things with EX Delta Species and Dragon Frontiers floating around recently, and in the past I've seen FRLG and, once, a Neo Genesis, but that was a few years ago. Sometimes places like sporting goods stores will have them jumbled in with or behind the baseball cards and stuff, so you could look there.

omahanime said:
The-Kaiser said:

I have some those cards for sale or trade.

When i get more $ from second job or lotto win i'll PM you :)

Back