Pokemon Illogical Pokémon Evolutions

While you make some valid points, Drokas is kinda right. Bulbapedia is no more fan speculation than your theory is... There is no fact stating that Poliwrath and Poliwhirl are or aren't frogs or tadpoles. I think that they could be just as much on either side because, as you point out, there is evidence proving both. Some dex entries are figurative, but at the same time, some aren't. Theres honestly no telling what they really are without knowing from GameFreak themselves.

While its true that the Polis have the bulging eyes, no tail, and limbs, they also still have the swirly belly whether it be theme or not, round shape, and small legs. I also don't entirely believe that they have wide mouths, they're kind of just one of those Pokemon that have a mouth that isnt represented. They have no wider of a mouth than Diglett, Voltorb, or Surskit. Also, the fact that Politoad, a member of their evolution line, is classified as the Frog Pokemon while the others are Tadpole Pokemon, says something to me. We also need to consider that Satoshi Tajiri created Pokemon based on his love of catching bugs and tadpoles as a kid, for all we know he could have asked Ken Sugimori to create him a tadpole based line to signify that.

All in all, they have traits of both to me. I know that a tadpole is classified by having a tail and no limbs, but this is Pokemon and Pokemon doesnt always make sense. For now I'm just gonna call them Teenage Mutant Ninja Tadfrogs. :p

Oh and guys can someone explain this one to me Feebas a super ugly pokemon when it evovlves it turns into a stunning beauty water legend Milotic !!! :D

icedragon258 said:
Oh and guys can someone explain this one to me Feebas a super ugly pokemon when it evovlves it turns into a stunning beauty water legend Milotic !!! :D

It's like Magikarp.
The ugly turned into the most beautiful.

icedragon258 said:

The line was introduced in Gen III, where contests also made their debut. One of the contest categories was Beauty, which you could raise by feeding your Pokémon specific Pokéblocks or Poffins (depending on Generation). If you raised your Feebas' Beauty stat to (I believe) 170, it would evolve into Milotic. The Prism Scale came later as a result of not having a way to raise the Beauty stat in Gen V.

It seems loosely based on the old "ugly duckling" story, wherein something considered ugly grows up into something beautiful. Pretty simple concept, really.

98Greener said:
Okay, this particular Pokemon just makes my head hurt.

Slakoth -> Vigoroth -> Slaking

Lazy, ALL HYPER, and lazy again.
Vigoroth even gets a new coat and everything. It doesn't even look that similar to Slakoth. And what's the point of being lazy again?
Wouldn't it make more sense if Vigoroth was it's own Pokemon, and Slakoth would just evolve unto Slaking? Is there some story behind this guy?
Also, Slaking is begging to be painted like one of your french girls.

I always thought the reasoning behind Vigoroth was that, after evolving, it was filled with vigor.
Then it evolved and was worn out from it's time as a hyper-active maniac.

Unless you worked for GameFreak in the first Generation of the Pokémon franchise, your "theory" is also speculation so there's really no need to call other people's thoughts silly, in my opinion...

Bulbapedia is no more fan speculation than your theory is...

I don't have a "theory" and didn't describe a "theory." I am not making fan speculation here; the SIMPLEST interpretation is that they're frogs, because they evolve from an obvious tadpole and then lose every trace of their tail as they gain additional limbs. The idea that they're somehow still tadpoles is the additional, speculative theory that requires further evidence and justification. :)

Back