i need suggestion about grass tanks.

whatever you choose, very useful techs are metapod, vespiquen, and shaymin X

all 3 tanks that you've looked @ take a bit of setup as they're all stage 2 (tangrowth X being slightly different, but essentially still a stage 2)

meganium prime has a great power when it comes to healing other pokemon via seeker, and tortera and tangrowth both heal themselves well. it all depends on your play style I guess.

carlitosbob said:
whatever you choose, very useful techs are metapod, vespiquen, and shaymin X

all 3 tanks that you've looked @ take a bit of setup as they're all stage 2 (tangrowth X being slightly different, but essentially still a stage 2)

meganium prime has a great power when it comes to healing other pokemon via seeker, and tortera and tangrowth both heal themselves well. it all depends on your play style I guess.

ive been thinking oh adding sunflora for speed and or prime blissey if ever i use meganium prime due to leaf trans and seeker. while tangrowth offers versatility, torterra is meh i guess .. which one would be better?

I'd say, tangrowth. doesn't it have Grind as one of it's attacks (maybe the CoL one, I forget.. but Grind is a killer move.

heck you can make a jumpluff tank. anything paired with tangrowth, shaymin, metapod, vespiqueen, what ever can tank if its grass

My first competitive deck was Tangrowth AR.
Tangela SF, Tangrowth AR, Tangrowth X, Landmin X, you've got a self-healing 190 hp'd monster hitting for a consistent 120.

Randomly, Ludicolo PL Anyone? Fun deck

http://pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/34-ludicolo.jpg

ludiloco does even better with cherrims. Toss in a metapod, and you've got a pretty good chance of being awesome. Landmin X too. Then send out landmin if you don't see electric, send out metapod if you do see electrics. (or fire if you end up attacking with cherrim). Then best dance to victory.

ludiloco is a great option.. Most people don't know what it does. Best of all, if they power spray you, just attack and confuse them :p

^But you need to survive 2 turns to then heal everything. But I guess a 200 hp pokemon with Cherrims on the bench will do so. (expert, Landmin)

ludiloco's biggest threat is luxray GL X. Then Raichu X lux is the only real threat here.. But you can still heal some damage before using cheerful voice. And it'll likely OHKO everything. So pokemon catcher would be sweet too. Aishen, ludiloco is probably alot easier to get than tangrowth X.

i would love to do a ludicolo deck unfortunately, i only have 2-1-2 line ..

a friend of mine suggested beautifly *PL* paired with tangrowth line *2-2-1* acts a second attacker, healer and gets beautifly energized .. discard energy via engineers adjustments to feed big growth plus landmin. how is that?

*beautifly* >> http://pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/21-beautifly.jpg

Not with Luxchomp in format. All your hard work to get the Beautifly out will result in a Lucario and Flash Impact.

me and my friends dont go to tourneys and none of us play meta decks so how will it fare?

too bad sceptile *GE* ( http://pokebeach.com/scans/great-encounters/8-sceptile.jpg) got rotated ..

What about Tangrowth X with Tangrowth SF? I've always loved his Poke-BODY and he's generally useful.

If you don't go to Tournaments, you might as well play Unlimited cards that are Rotated out lol.

dmaster out.

i dunno. its just a habit for us friends to follow the rotation just so we can also relate what it feels like without claydol and the likes that are important in the game. in that way we can also feel how hard it is to play without them. isnt it so dorkish? .. haha lmao ..

me and my mates never go to tourney's either. i generally like to keep it in format but we dont care. but i never go before Diamond and pearl. mostly cause i think the cards look ugly (except the REV holos) and the cards seem to SUCK.

and i have a few format legal decks like 8 out of 19 decks

my jumpluff deck is 59/60 legal.
and 1 very nice illegal card I sooo wish they would reprint it for jumpluff's sake
http://pokebeach.com/scans/gym-heroes/110-erika%27s-perfume.jpg

I'd go with torterra idea :D I had a torterra deck for my first proper deck and it was a great way to learn the game ;D

Back