Hydreigon and Nine Other Cards Revealed from 'Phantom Gate' [8/31]

So Dark gets Energy acceleration (back) too, although much worse than metal (stage 2 and only to active). Hydreigon has more HP, though.

Yeah, what's up with this set? I hope every color that doesn't have it get's energy acceleration of some type (Yveltal/Landorus/Virizon-EX/Blacksmith, the new Hydreigon/Bronzong/M Manectric/Dimensional Valley)!! Also, the fact that these attachments don't have to match the Energy type on the Pokemon, simply picking energies and attaching.

Not much to discuss, other than I don't like we are getting another Helioptile and Purrloin.. I want never-used-before Pokes, or different useful ones (variety) like the new Glaceon/Leafeon (alternative to the Plasma ones).

Just as I put away Yveltal/Hydreigon, TPC pulls a fast one :p

This set is really impressing me so far. Can't wait for November!

I don't know how to feel about this. A stage 2 is always a risk, but he has a really good partner(Yvetal EX and Darkrai EX).

This was made to work with the Dark Trance Hydreigon. A neat concept since they come from the same evolution line. Dark is still going to remain relevent.

A stage 2 Eelektrik that can only attach to the active looks really lackluster. Without Beach, Level, and other Stage 2 support I doubt this card will be that competitive. I'm sure people will still try to make it work.

Camoclone said:
A stage 2 Eelektrik that can only attach to the active looks really lackluster. Without Beach, Level, and other Stage 2 support I doubt this card will be that competitive. I'm sure people will still try to make it work.

I expect people that use Dark Trance decks to run 3 Dark Trancers and 1 of these, just for backup.

GadgetJax said:
Camoclone said:

I expect people that use Dark Trance decks to run 3 Dark Trancers and 1 of these, just for backup.
Even then the deck dies to things.
  • The deck is very very tight.
  • The deck is hurt by OHKO's of any kind.
  • Seis / Garb kills it.
  • They just outspeed you.
  • If it ever got popular then Raichu and Dedenne would be played and wreck it.

Ironman131 said:
Play shadow circle then raichu and dedenne dont hurt as bad.
They can just kick the stadium. And you probably don't have room to run that many Shadow Circle.

I think the deck will be better than you give it credit for. Darkrai EX is in the deck for a reason, when facing a ligtning heavy deck than i will attack with darkrai EX.

Hydreigon is useless, case closed. It's too slow and is beaten by a lot of things. Stage 2 decks just aren't going to be as relevant anymore.

Scorched Feathers said:
Hydreigon is useless, case closed. It's too slow and is beaten by a lot of things. Stage 2 decks just aren't going to be as relevant anymore.

The only stage 2 deck that doesn't suck now is Empoleon/Dusknoir/Miltank, and it still sits at Tier 3.

EX pokemon are way too overpowered for Rare Candy to be only Stage 2 support we have.

How do you get to that conclusion that hydreigon is usless. Stage 2's are slow but with yveltal and yveltal ex attack for just one or 2 energy where as most other stage 2 decks dont attack that cheaply. You dont really need this hydreigon out turn two like you do with blastoise or emboar. How many dark patches did you normally play within the first few turns, not very many right. Decks will be running more yveltal than usual so in the firs few turns you are attaching the energy from oblivion wing.

Mr.Muffin said:
Scorched Feathers said:

The only stage 2 deck that doesn't suck now is Empoleon/Dusknoir/Miltank, and it still sits at Tier 3.
Even that is sitting on the edge of Tier 3 and Rouge. It gets shutdown by a lot of things as well.

Ironman131 said:
How do you get to that conclusion that hydreigon is usless.
It may not be "useless" but it really isn't that good.

Ironman131 said:
Stage 2's are slow but with yveltal and yveltal ex attack for just one or 2 energy where as most other stage 2 decks dont attack that cheaply.
Nope... But attaching once per turn makes it pretty slow when the deck has hardly any room to run damage boosters. If you don't get Hydreigons up fast then other decks will just outspeed you.

Ironman131 said:
How many dark patches did you normally play within the first few turns.
A lot...

Ironman131 said:
Decks will be running more yveltal than usual so in the firs few turns you are attaching the energy from oblivion wing.
What?

Back