XY Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

The gym leader is named Kuroni. She teaches you about these "Mega" evolutions.

Rumor has it "Mega" will be translated as "Awakened" outside of Japan.

hyenabite said:
if this is fake it's one of the most elaborate fakes I have ever seen.

very well done fake
20iulb6.png

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Has anyone noticed there's a date on the second picture. January 15 2014. What could it mean. And by the way it's stylized it seems to be something occurring between the release date and January 15....

Torchic giveaway date.

Torchic will be the first event for X/Y. It is to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Holding some item called a Blaziken Knight(?).

TheRoyalXerneas said:
McFadyen said:
New gym leader?

Additional:
[IMG]
[/quote]

Has anyone noticed there's a date on the second picture. January 15 2014. What could it mean. And by the way it's stylized it seems to be something occurring between the release date and January 15....
[/quote]

Most likely some sort of special event or giveaway.

I'm actually pretty excited for these 'mega' forms! They look really neat, but hopefully they're not too overpowered or anything.

TheRoyalXerneas said:

Torchic is the first event Pokemon for X&Y.

BlankPoints said:
hyenabite said:
if this is fake it's one of the most elaborate fakes I have ever seen.

very well done fake

I'd say it's likely not.

The Absol image above the 3 new Pokémon is part of a page, whereas the image with the other Mega Pokémon is clearly an unfolded poster, separate to the actual magazine pages.

This is real folks. I never get the people that go "this looks fake and wrong etc" even in cases as clear as this (for example previous such cases were Unova starter evolutions and Mewtwo forme. nothing else came even remotely close to looking legit..and turned out not to be)
If this wasn't real, it would be the best fakes/prank IN POKEMON HISTORY. (And that would also be applaud-worthy to whoever would have made it IMO)

Anyhow.... right now I'm wondering about Blaziken..... Why on earth Blaziken? Seems random as heck. I wouldn't expect starters AT ALL, maybe if it was Charizard due to the rumor about Kanto starters being available.
( inb4 Hoenn remakes btw)
I'd expect at least EVERY starter to get this now. Thats 18 already.

One concern I have is the number of new designs..
We've always seen something over hundred new designs. And its obvious by now that Kalos will feature the usual new pokemon for all kinds of places and roles.
So that begs the question, how many of these mega-forms would there be in addition?
I'm worried at the random choices. Out of all things, Lucario and Blaziken.
And with those abilities, they are screaming broken. Sounds like uber tier metagame on drugs.

Also, on one side, I'm thinking this might be some gimmicky thing or a temporary "super saiyan mode" game mechanic when certain conditions are met, but if that is the case, then pokemon who DO DESERVE improvements, like Mawile, would actually remain crap in the "regular" situation.

In the Torchic event picture there is a big, rather plump (well it looks to be) battling Torchic? I can not figure out which Pokemon it is.

They are forms, not evolution.

They are forms, not evolution.
You may have the word "evolution", but it is not.

Here's another thing I don't get: Why are all of the new megas just the original Pokemon with more details slapped on, but the confirmed Mewtwo forme is a radically different design?

jdivinity said:
In the Torchic event picture there is a big, rather plump (well it looks to be) battling Torchic? I can not figure out which Pokemon it is.

It's the new Electric/Fairy mouse.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
What I truly believe could contribute to all the hype is another forme or counterpart to a previous Pokemon (most likely a legendary Pokemon). They've already done this to Mewtwo, why couldn't do this to another legendary, to me that would be "scoop of the century" worthy.

Hate to toot my own horn, but well you can see. Even though I was leaning a bit more toward new formes for legendaries, I was pretty spot on :D

What I don't understand is, surely WPM's source new about this, but he claimed Mawile was getting an evolution, not a forme?! Seems weird that they didn't just evolve Mawile and to a lesser extent, Absol.

Back