Pokemon How long have you guys been in the Pokemon World =D ?

Since 1998 when I got Blue (it was my very first game). Since Platinum I've been following the games from their Japanese release. As for the anime since if first came on in 1997. I was never a TCG person so I just used to collect the cards and even the toys until my mom got tired of seeing them all over the house so I just stuck to the games. So basically since I was 5 (in 1997) :).

Since I was really little, I'll tell you that much. I first got hooked on the series from the anime. I'd watch it whenever I could. Then the cards. I had over 9000 cards, then some poop decided it'd be a good idea to steal them. And then, finally, I played Pokemon Red. I sucked at it. I seriously did not know how to get to the Vermillion Gym. I ended up hating that game, I found it too hard, and after 43 minutes, I gave up all hope and continued with the anime and the cards. When I was in Grade 5, I tried the games again, beat 1st gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen, (more specifically, Pokémon Red, Gold and Crystal, Ruby). I soon quit Pokemon altogether with the release of Gen 4. I hated Gen 4. I've played it now though, and I don't hate it as much.

I've been around since the beginning when it hit America. I remember watching the first series on TV, playing my Blue version on my GameBoy, and collecting base set. I have always been playing the Video game, but took a break from the card game after the Gym Leader series. I recently got back into competitive play with the card game almost two years ago and now I'm back addicted to opening packs and playing the game.

i was very little when generation 1 came out, and my older step-brothers loved it, so naturally i loved it too even though i didn't know what it was about, and only like the T-shirt i got. They moved away, and i forgot about it. Then about a few months ago, January, I got Black version and i instantly loved it, to to point where i beat it in 10 days (the main story) and now have about 500+ hours on it. I watch the show now, and go online to watch the older episodes.

Since December 2008 with Diamond. Man those were the days for me. I couldn't figure out how to continue on with the storyline after I got to Floroma Town. In the meantime, I grinded to the point to where I had a Lv.24 Budew (in those areas, you need supreme patience to do such a task. I am soo impatient compared to three years ago; there's no way I could pull that off again lol). Then one day I saw this convenient path in the meadow... I managed to get to Spear Pillar with a Lv.50-something Roserade, but by the time that came, game called Platinum was in my clutches (mainly do to the fact I lost in the double battle with my rival on Spear, so I raged and didn't do much on Diamond until Plat. came about). Now Plat. has almost 700 hours on it. I somehow lost Diamond.

I've been collecting the cards for a lot of years since Platinum came out but this is my first year in the competitive scene. I've also been playing the games for a lot of years.

Since the start for me here, I remember it being hyped on TV here when it was about to come out, then I got Blue the day it hit the shops :D and I found out about a month or so later it was a card game (Base set) and started collecting, then playing.

Good times :D running home from school to make it home in time for pokemon :D

I began with Pokémon Pinball.

Is that unusual? (The Blue Table always had so much better scoring potential than the Red Table.)

I've been here for 6years, my second cousin gave me a free GB Color with Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Yellow. No regrets playing those games.

Pokemon episodes -> Pokemon TCG -> PokeBeach -> Art forums -> Eeveelution-art-searching on Pixiv
The last section taking up a good portion of my life at the moment.

Delta said:
Then the school banned it and I couldn't find anyone to trade with so I stopped collecting them.

You're not talking about the Los Angeles Unified School District, are you?

Because the entire district had banned Pokémon cards. The violence was getting out of hand.

A lot of school districts banned Pokemon cards because of various reasons. Los Angeles wasn't a one-off.
And Delta lives in the UK, so odds are it wasn't LAUSD.

Hrm, I believe I received Blue version when I was around 5 or 6. I received Silver and then Crystal version soon after. As soon as I beat Red with my Feraligatr (and only Feraligatr), I knew I'd be a fan for life.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
A lot of school districts banned Pokemon cards because of various reasons. Los Angeles wasn't a one-off.
And Delta lives in the UK, so odds are it wasn't LAUSD.

All right, I wasn't too certain about where Delta is from.

(And yeah, I figured the LAUSD isn't the only district that banned them. Worth a shot though.)

Pokemon Pinball when I was around 5, but I got my first Main-series game (Emerald) around 7 or 8.

I don't ever recall Pokémon being banned in schools around here, but maybe that's because I was older when the craze hit. Pokémon was brought over to the States when I was in junior high. I had a few friends who were into the TCG; we would bring our cards to school to trade and battle during the lunch hour, and the school never minded (or at least never said anything about it to any of us).

It's funny, I actually had one friend who was secretly a poké-geek, but didn't want her other friends to know because she was afraid they would make fun of her for it, so we always played/traded in secret after school and at band functions.

Back