How do you calm down?

I usually get mad while playing CoD4 (SUPER NERDARAGE) And i punch the living (Well you know :D) out of it.

If my friend annoys me i punch him at the face (Yup, that sounds really agrressive :/)

I'm calm most of the time anyway, but when I do need to calm down, I'll either think about how much better the situation would be if I were calm, or I'll just go think about the situation by myself for a long time (like in my room, or I'll go for a walk). Though... I don't know if those methods would help serious cases. xP

bacon said:
Tidying your room is an odd but nonetheless effective way to cool off.

Same here, it also works if I'm depressed as well sometimes.

I recommend trying the things people listed, so that suggestions don't keep coming back. ;D

You know, playing shooting games really doesn't work for me, because they're the main reason I get ticked off. =/

But when I do lose control, I just talk to my friends about it, play a game that doesn't annoy me as much, or take deep breaths and turn the music on. And if all else fails, I cry.

Mr. Random said:
You know, playing shooting games really doesn't work for me, because they're the main reason I get ticked off. =/

But when I do lose control, I just talk to my friends about it, play a game that doesn't annoy me as much, or take deep breaths and turn the music on. And if all else fails, I cry.

No offense, but I think I'm getting you mad in Combat arms. xD JK JK. I don't calm down, I get even. xD If getting even isn't an objection at the moment, I will think about ways to get even.....

I really don't recommend listening to music because they're full of memories and emotions. Reminiscences of happiness just worsens your condition. Usually, you just have to sit down, think of positive things and do something stimulating >:] When mad, just think about how your sexuality is superior than others'... although yeah, this method of calming oneself doesn't work on everyone *giggles*

To me, I just sit and start to think. Thinking about things can sometimes take my mind off of my anger, and thinking about why you are anger is a big step into seeing how to get over it.

If it's music, make sure it is relaxing. Odds are that listening to heavy metal tunes won't help you calm down much. xP

ROFL Bello. When you're mad how can you just sit there and think about things? Even if you can think about things how can it be positive? xD Shouldn't you think about how to get even or something? xD

It's because I enjoy thinking about things. Yes, I typically do think about revenge. However, when I pull my self back into my senses, I find my "revenge plans" utterly ridiculous. Somehow, this realization, and just some good ol' thinking, calms me down.

And I never said my thoughts are positive. I rarely have positive thoughts...most of them are neutral/negative. What can I say, I'm a pessimist. ;]

With me, I don't like arguing, hitting, or doing things like that. I just take a deep breath, look at the sky, and think of all the good things that happened to myself. Make up for any damage done and just move on.

I just remember the BEST way to calm down. You go to your Playstation2/3 or PSP and play Grand Theft Auto and cause havoc >=D vent your anger out on the civilians, run them over and when the military comes you take their tank and cause more havoc. >=D

Go online (here), play Pokemon video games, watch TV, listen to music, etc. That's what I do just to get my mind on other things.

dmaster out.

rage,anger,fury,madness,chaos,doom,etc + nubs ahoy x death ahoy / arch bishop = ragnarok online pvp win, that and guilty gear but whatever get's out that stress works for me. cya

Here's what you need to do, but is very hard.

STOP!

Stop moving and stop yelling. Then think logicly about what you are doing. You are getting angry and releasing it uncontrolably. That is immature and illogical.

also

You can't live the rest of your life hitting pillows and running off to places. The world is a tough place, and emotions make it so much harder. All I have to say is good luck and I hope you take my advice.

i'd like to point out that being angry and flailing arms is a logical point of emotion's, our society devalues emotion's, to have something like a release make's it easier to release your anger or anguish, because trying to think logically about everything when your angry is harder to do then play video game's. cya

Back