How do you calm down?

CrazyAipom

'Sup
So lately I've been really steamed. I have been getting into arguments a lot and annoyed more easily. Heck, I almost got into a fight with my cousin right now. I'm trying to calm down before I end up doing something really stupid, and I was wondering what you guys do to calm down? Maybe it could help me too....

As for me, I usually listen to music or talk to friends (well, the ones that didn't tick me off...) and watch funny videos/movies.

Hit lots of stuff. Preferably not people. Otherwise, I'm not really sure. If you're just generally annoyed at things, try and find somewhere you can be by yourself and think about things.

(then again, my advice generally isn't 100% reliable...)

I do get angry really quickly, and like Magma King said, punching something (preferably a pillow) until you calm down.

It works for me.

Hot tea, a good chair, and a good word processor to type out all of the vent.

Works every time*.

*Disclaimer: Method is only foolproof with Zyflair. Rates of success varies with other people.

I usually listen to music. Calms me down so GOOD. I also have been mad lately. Some guy at school today got me mad today that I was about to punch him in the face. Other ways to calm myself down are to play sports.

if hitting things is a good and perfect way to vent, invest in a punching bag. Possibly invest in some free weights and work out when you get irritated. There are quite a few ways to go about it. I find working out helps me alot, because of my irritation, it causes me to push myself further than I usually am capable of.

Yh, music for me is a real mood changer. I can either calm myself through music or hype myself for a fight through some powerful music. But imo, music is a good way to calm and escape reality :)

Zyflair said:
Hot tea, a good chair, and a good word processor to type out all of the vent.

Works every time*.

*Disclaimer: Method is only foolproof with Zyflair. Rates of success varies with other people.

Yeah, that would actually kill two birds with one stone. I do need more writing down for my English class.

PheonyxXx said:
if hitting things is a good and perfect way to vent, invest in a punching bag. Possibly invest in some free weights and work out when you get irritated. There are quite a few ways to go about it. I find working out helps me alot, because of my irritation, it causes me to push myself further than I usually am capable of.

Have been some what doing that, but not much. Need to get myself some equipment.

do something fun! something that takes your mind off the real world. i play video games and forget why i'm mad in the first place, somethings i may even forget my own name....XD, if you like reading, playing, other activities that are not related to the reason you got mad over then do it.

I don't. I stay angry and sour until someone apologizes. That's how real men deal with it. I just prefer getting what I want.

I just try to do stuff that I really like and forget I was mad, and I start to calm down. It takes a while, and also listening to music does help. You just have to find a thing that you like to do and try it. I like staying on Pokebeach and chatting with members, that takes my mind off of what I was mad at. It calms me quite down.

I start listening to some rap music about beating people up and stuff. One shot two shot by D12 is my fav....but be warned that this could just pump you up some more....wouldn't recommend this.

Try meditating. Clear your mind of any thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe smoothly. You don't have to float and say ohhhmmmm but it really does help. Also, try to use logic to argue yourself out of being mad. Think about how tomorrow you will feel silly for getting rilled up over something (if it isn't major)

Thanks everyone, really. I tried talking it out with all of my family, but it didn't go so well. My cousins kept smiling and laughing, saying I can't take a joke and lied about what had happened (adding in that I had hit my brother and cussed my grandma into the mix :/), but I except for facial expressions and a bit of raising my voice as I talked, I didn't lose it. My aunt also tried to joke and when I tried to speak she kept smiling and shacking her head. Plus, my parent didn't really back me up like they said they would...

Also, this April fools trailer is awesome and made me laugh, don't feel ok, but a little better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4DHllroiqM

Turn up music really loud and play a lot of shooting games, works for mew when I'm really ticked off at something. Heh, it's better then punching something.

Back