How did your X and Y prerelease go?

Went to my second pre-release today.

Out of the main event and draft I only pulled one ex. An Emolga ex which I already had from the previous week. I pretty much used the day to get as many reverse holos as posibble. Box pull rates are totally random alright.

During the draft we had one entire box opened for our group and in total the following was pulled:
-Skarmory ex FA
-Blastoise ex FA
-Venusaur ex FA
-Xerneas ex
-Yveltal ex

It was outrageous! And it was only 3 people who got to get one/two of those good pulls while the other two and me had to be uber jealous. If I can get a box like that this Wednesday, ohhh boy.

It was today.
I only got
1 M-Venusaur EX
1 Emolga EX and went 0-2.

I had bad luck, unlike my LT PR, I got 11 EX's in 11 packs and got 1st place, my deck was so OP.

And well, people bought Elite Trainer Boxes and all that stuff. And got some good stuff.

In the whole league (only the PR):
3 M-Venusaur EX
1 Blastoise EX
1 Blastoise EX FA
2 Yveltal EX FA
1 Skarmory EX
1 Emolga EX
And no Xerneas EX....

A guy traded an Yveltal EX FA he got for a Deoxys EX FA and a Lugia EX form LT. And another guy got an Aegislash Promo.... but a Staff one!!!

I will hopely get one Elite Trainer Box.

I played 2 in two prereleases, the first Electrode won me the whole tournament, (lol) got a full art Mega Venasour (which I traded right away) and a Skarmony EX. Second prerelease I went 2-1 because of Touros (love this card) and pulled a misprint Blastoise EX :)

Cortel II said:
I played 2 in two prereleases, the first Electrode won me the whole tournament, (lol) got a full art Mega Venasour (which I traded right away) and a Skarmony EX. Second prerelease I went 2-1 because of Touros (love this card) and pulled a misprint Blastoise EX :)

What was the misprint? Also there's no such thing as a FA Mega Venusaur. Waaaaaaaait a minute, you're not trying to trick us, are you?

So as you saw from my previous post, I did go to the Pre-Release. But I got Elite Trainer box day 11 (2/5/14 in North America)
I did record what I got out of it.
[Video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7yBFxGC0wc[/video]
Got 2 decent pulls out of it.
M Blastoise EX & Lapras

Elite Trainer boxes are worth it if you are just getting back into it or you're in the market for New Sleeves/Dice/play equipment. Other than that, just buy a box (90$) or buy singles (from people you trust). You can get packs for 2.50$ - 3.50$ if you know where to look.

Machamp The Champion said:
Cortel II said:

What was the misprint? Also there's no such thing as a FA Mega Venusaur. Waaaaaaaait a minute, you're not trying to trick us, are you?

sry just mega ex. The misprint has two parallel lines running from the top to the bottom of the right side of the card I'll upload an image later.

I went to a "post-release" today. Same set-up as a prerelease. I won 6 games, lost 6 games, coming out 2-2 overall.

My deck:
x1 Shellder
x1 Cloyster (came in handy a few times)
x1 Lapras (was my primary attacker)
x1 Froakie
x1 Frogadier (good staller with successful coin flips)
x1 Sandile
x1 Krokorok (so-so)
x1 Yveltal (had great success with this one during the first match; couldn't set up its 2nd attack during the other rounds)
x1 Tauros (my other primary attacker)
x1 Taillow
x1 Swellow (only in there for its ability, but Wing Attack was used a few times)
x1 Skitty
x1 Delcatty (I should have omitted this line for more energy... never used it or Skitty)
x1 Cassius
x1 Evosoda
x2 Hard Charm (life saver!)
x2 Muscle Band
x1 Shauna
x1 Super Potion
x1 DCE
x10 Water
x8 Darkness

Match 1 - 2-1 - 1-0
Versed someone who used Venusaur EX (I don't recall what else he used). He crushed me with it during the 2nd round, but my Yveltal doled out the damage in the 2 rounds that I won.

Match 2 - 2-1 - 2-0
This guy was using Greninja, though he was never able to get it into play. For some reason, I only remember him using Pikachu to attack, which did heavy damage to my Yveltal because it was Muscle Banded. Luckily my Lapras came in to save the day!

Match 3 - 1-2 - 2-1
This dude was so lucky. He pulled 2 Blastoise EXs from his 6 packs, one of which was a FA. He always drew them right away, which resulted in my losing the match. He also ran an annoying Furfrou with a Hard Charm. Arggh!

Match 4 - 1-2 - 2-2
This match was always neck and neck. He gave me a taste of my own medicine with a fully loaded Lapras. It basically came down to whoever could load up their Lapras faster. My Tauros had some good use in this match, too.

So there you have it. I thought I did pretty good for this being my very first "prerelease." I would definitely go to another one.

Back