XY How big would you like the 6 Gen region to be?

pokemeister899

VM if you want to play ACNL with me!
So as we know, the region in Pokemon X and Y will be based off France, but how big would you like it to be?

Personally I would like to have another big region again. Unova was too small to me, even with the Black and White 2 update.

I want the new region's big like Hoenn, but obviously less sea routes. I sure hope there's one or two sea routes because I want a full water type team when I'll able to play.

It could be based on all of Europe too. That could mean different cities based on famous cities in each country of Europe.

I could see a Paris, London, Rome, and other cities. They can really do a lot with the different cultures.

As far a size, I hope the region is around the size of Hoenn, but focuses more on whats inside each city and route. The game looks like the cities are bigger than before, and I think it would be great to see them more realistically sized.

frostwind said:
It could be based on all of Europe too. That could mean different cities based on famous cities in each country of Europe.

I could see a Paris, London, Rome, and other cities. They can really do a lot with the different cultures.

As far a size, I hope the region is around the size of Hoenn, but focuses more on whats inside each city and route. The game looks like the cities are bigger than before, and I think it would be great to see them more realistically sized.

Actually I have a cool idea if it was based off of all of Europe.

Say they made like, mini-regions based off a country of Europe with say, 3 badges per region(but not 3 cities, maybe like 6 or 7) and then there was 3 mini-regions for the main game, then it would total into 9 badges. Then after you go defeat the elite 4 and the champion, you could go to 3 more post game regions and get more badges(once again, 3 per region), bringing the total to 18 badges for 6 regions, then you go and rematch the elite 4, and maybe instead of levels going into mid to high 70's, it could be much higher, such as mid 80s to a champion who has a lv 100 pokemon. Not only could would the levels be higher, it would also give the chance for the player to really get their pokemon to lv 100, and not by grinding. Also with the mini-regions, they could focus on the culture, cities, and routes as well like you said.

I really hope theres more than french stuff.

Think, Stone Henge, Collosseum lol

Unova was pathetically small and linear, I'd like to see this region be as large and complex as Hoenn and Sinnoh were.

I like that idea. They could make use of the different clusters of countries.

Also, they can use the Eurail as some type of Battle Subway, and even have gyms in landmarks like in the Eiffel Tower or Colliseum.

Definitely a big region. Something like Hoenn (which is the best region ever). Sea routes are a must. And definitely many cities. Not like 8 gym cities+3 non-gym ones. Say, 8+8. That would be cool.

I wouldn't mind sea routes as long as there aren't too many, and if they aren't too big.(I'm not saying they should be small, but they shouldn't be big either.)

A larger region would be nice, with more complexity regarding routes and such rather than the linearity of Unova.

I seriously hope it's not just France; the cities would be too similar or too forced. Having Europe would mean each part would be too simple (also, not an option later), but having the Mediterranean+Southern Europe+Africa or Western Europe or something would be neat.

If it's only France then I hope that they include the French Riviera as the "tropical" area of the region (like Cinnabar Island)

Make me wonder if we're still sticking with "surfing on the pokemon's back" if so, I wonder what it will be look like...

On the other hand, I'm hoping we can swim instead of stupid surfing! Swimming rocks!

I hope it is not small like Unova. I really like having big regions with long and complex routes. I liked the sea routes a lot in Hoenn. the only problem with Hoenn's sea routes was that you found Tentacool like they were Zubats.

If it was to be the whole Europe, it would be gigantic. Like twice Hoenn's size at least.

I'd like this region to be the largest one ever (I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who would want a small region), but I'm always worried about space (data) issues when it comes to how large a region can be... Since this game is more graphically demanding than all other main-series handheld games (I'm assuming, I can't imagine it's not), could it mean the region's size must suffer to allow for more room for everything else? Or do Pokémon games actually not use up all of the space they have available?

I'd like to to be large. With the new hardware I imagine at least 11 cities and about at least as many towns. I'd like to see Routes 1-30 at least. Although I'd prefer Routes 1-45. Also I would like Cliffs, Bluffs, and mountain(s) not to be in the middle of the region. I want world interactions and stuff beyond day and time. For example if I go to a Cliff by the sea I'd like to see a flock of seagull fly by or a Sharpedo jump out and into water. It doesn't have to happen every time but I'd like random events like this that make the world more real. I'd also like them to bring back planting berries like it was in R/S/E/D/P/PL. I'd like more environments.

I wouldn't worry too much for size issues. A Nintendo 3ds cartridge can hold up to 8 gbs of storage, so there would have to truly be a really massive world for there to be size issues. Also according to IGN, most Xbox 360 games aren't even that much in size.

True that, even large games like Elder Scrolls are roughly 3-5 GB. More with DLC but that don't count in this case. I'd really like for their to be at least 1000-1,500 NPCS.

I want this to be epic. After the trailer, i really dont care about the SIZE, but i care about the well-done graphics displayed in the trailer. Do't let me down, Pokemon X and Y!

Back