• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ho-Oh for BR

smiland0711

lover of pokemon
Pokemon:
4 ho-oh
4 tornadus
4 rufflet

T/S/S:
4 ultra ball
4 juniper
4 Xtransceiver
4 random receiver
2 bridge
4 energy switch
4 pokemon catcher
3 evoilte

energy:
2 {F}
2 {R}
2 {P}
2 {W}
2 {G}
2 {M}
2 {L}
2 {D}
4{C}{C}

strategy is to hit with ho-oh on turn 1 for 100 at latest turn 2

Because ho oh can come out quickly or slowly due to coin flips, i suggest more DCE so tornadus can auto 60 first turn if needed as you should be junipering your hand out of energies and ho ohs unless you can ultraball a lot of them away. Also I beliwve 4 cilans is a lot. I use 2, since they are most practical with ultraball, and id rather get a new full set of cards than just 3 energy. Tool scrapper helps when a garbador pops out, but most importantly it is to take off evolites and things impeding your quick KOs. On the topic of evolite, it keeps ho oh alive, so id stick some in there if you can. You also have a lot of supporters, i dont think you need many ( or any) random recievers. Super rods are helpful for the energy bak into the deck, and for pokemon to come back, but i would say an extra energy switch is better, as ho ohs enery accel, and hey are peactically 2 plus powers when adding an energy to a ho oh.
Overall i think:
-2 cilan
-4 random reciever
-1/2 super rods
+2 DCE
+2 evolites
+1 energy switch
+2 scrappers

You may wanna consider Fitting Braviary into your deck for the simple fact that rufflet is 2HK'd by the 2 big damage spreaders this could be a key easy prize they'll leave on your bench till they need it. Terrakion even 1 with only 2 energy in a deck built to discard energy for Ho-oh will often be only catcher bait if played down early or If you try to save it for clutch just to not have access to a fighting energy could cost you.

-1Terrakion
-1 Tornados

+2 Braviary

the DRX one, with chirp "search your deck for two pokemon who have resistance to fighting and add them to your hand". If the opponent doesnt N them away, then you get to ultraball / juniper them away, and that makes for more flips to get a ho oh out.

When facing darkrai, be sure to evolite the little guy, as he will be a target on the bench for kills, and with evolite, darkrai has to hit him 5 times... which is a lovely 150 damage which darkrai could have done to another pokemon ( unless they tool scrapper it off)

Just wondering for my Ho Oh, how does the Terrakion feel in the deck? and all the supporters, do they tend to clutter up the hand? (4 cilans is a ton, and also the random recievers) At least you'll always have a supporter, right? :D

KadyShack707 said:
Just wondering for my Ho Oh, how does the Terrakion feel in the deck? and all the supporters, do they tend to clutter up the hand? (4 cilans is a ton, and also the random recievers) At least you'll always have a supporter, right? :D

i moved the cilans to 2 same with random

Personally, I don't understand the Rufflet at all. I would use Emolga DRE. No retreat cost, It has 20 more HP, and you can search 2 Basic Pokemon for 1 Colorless. It would really help to be able to search any Pokemon in a tight spot. (If there is a specific reason for needing the Pokemon with resistance to Fighting, can someone explain?) And I think two is enough, really.

So, for this, I would probably...
-3 Rufflet DRE

+2 Emolga DRE
+ 1 DCE (T1 hits for Tornadus!)

people like to use rufflet to get the ho-oh IN THIER HAND so that they can discard it.

JadeEspeon said:
Personally, I don't understand the Rufflet at all. I would use Emolga DRE. No retreat cost, It has 20 more HP, and you can search 2 Basic Pokemon for 1 Colorless. It would really help to be able to search any Pokemon in a tight spot. (If there is a specific reason for needing the Pokemon with resistance to Fighting, can someone explain?) And I think two is enough, really.

So, for this, I would probably...
-3 Rufflet DRE

+2 Emolga DRE
+ 1 DCE (T1 hits for Tornadus!)

emolga puts it on the bench

smiland0711 said:
emolga puts it on the bench

Ah, I guess out of what...fear of snipe, you don't want it to be put on the bench? Usually when I search basic Pokemon, I intend on benching, so that's why I didn't really notice.

Well, I have been running this deck, I've tried lists similar to yours and they don't work as fast or as well as mine.
I will say this, the ONLY supporter you need in this deck is Juniper. also try a few extransceivers.
4 random recievers means that it is auto search the deck for juniper everytime time.
after 3-4 junipers you will have at least 1-2 ho-oh benched and ready to donk for at least 100.
obvious 4 ultra balls. and I personally play super scoop up.
incase you don't start with a good attacking pokemon, like roufflet or virizion. scoop them up and juniper their energy for a ho-oh to use.
i run about 18-20 energy i've been going back n forth.

good luck.

JadeEspeon said:
Ah, I guess out of what...fear of snipe, you don't want it to be put on the bench? Usually when I search basic Pokemon, I intend on benching, so that's why I didn't really notice.

you don't bench a ho-oh lol... you hand it to juniper

JadeEspeon said:
^ dont know if you have read Ho-Oh's ability... but here it goes.

When Ho-Oh is in the discard pile, you can flip a coin. If heads, attach 3 different types of energy to him from your discard and place him on your bench)

Ho-Oh's ability is what we try and aim for (a fully charged Ho-Oh whenever you can manage to get a heads. It can even be on turn 1 sometimes!). By placing a Ho-Oh on the bench, you can get energy on him 2 ways. by placing an energy on him (slow compared to 3 energies right off the bat) or by letting him get KO'd by your opponent so that you can then get 3 energies on him from the discard... but the opponent is up 2 prizes. By using rufflet and getting them in your hand, you A) dont need to lose prizes to get the Ho-Oh into the discard, and B) to discard him (and hopefully energies) using ultraball and Juniper.

I am interesting in the extransever and only running juniper... sounds... unique. I would probably run some N's also... just incase, and so I could have 12 auto supporters (random recievers, Juniper, N) and 4 flip for what I needs (Xtran).

KadyShack707 said:
^ don't know if you have read Ho-Oh's ability... but here it goes.

When Ho-Oh is in the discard pile, you can flip a coin. If heads, attach 3 different types of energy to him from your discard and place him on your bench)

Ho-Oh's ability is what we try and aim for (a fully charged Ho-Oh whenever you can manage to get a heads. It can even be on turn 1 sometimes!). By placing a Ho-Oh on the bench, you can get energy on him 2 ways. by placing an energy on him (slow compared to 3 energies right off the bat) or by letting him get KO'd by your opponent so that you can then get 3 energies on him from the discard... but the opponent is up 2 prizes. By using rufflet and getting them in your hand, you A) don't need to lose prizes to get the Ho-Oh into the discard, and B) to discard him (and hopefully energies) using ultraball and Juniper.

I am interesting in the extransever and only running juniper... sounds... unique. I would probably run some N's also... just incase, and so I could have 12 auto supporters (random recievers, Juniper, N) and 4 flip for what I needs (Xtran).

Well I run it w/o xtran. and the deck runs smooth. so ho-oh doesn't get out T1 or T2.
I have tornadus or tornadus EX out and fully juiced. To me, this type of deck you cannot run close minded and 1 certain way. You have to have 1-2 other attackers and build them using your turn attachments. while discarding as much as possible for the ho-ohs to come sweep after the 1-2 tornadus/ex have been ko'd. basic motto of the deck is play with the hand that is dealt to you. don't try so hard for ho-oh t1 or t2. go with the flow and this deck owns.

ashtavakra said:
Well I run it w/o xtran. and the deck runs smooth. so ho-oh doesn't get out T1 or T2.
I have tornadus or tornadus EX out and fully juiced. To me, this type of deck you cannot run close minded and 1 certain way. You have to have 1-2 other attackers and build them using your turn attachments. while discarding as much as possible for the ho-ohs to come sweep after the 1-2 tornadus/ex have been ko'd. basic motto of the deck is play with the hand that is dealt to you. don't try so hard for ho-oh t1 or t2. go with the flow and this deck owns.

Strong words my friend. My deck runs smoothly without the xtrans and tornadus ex tends to fo a lot of the damage early on. Just contemplated testing it to see how consistent it would be.

Somewhat interesting idea, have looked at Ho Oh and tried to come up with a deck that might make it usable. A flexible legendary (outrage +) deck (Kyurem / Zekrom / etc ..) would eat this ones lunch - of course it does that to many decks.

Kyuremall said:
Somewhat interesting idea, have looked at Ho Oh and tried to come up with a deck that might make it usable. A flexible legendary (outrage +) deck (Kyurem / Zekrom / etc ..) would eat this ones lunch - of course it does that to many decks.

T'would have to be flexible, as a Ho Oh could be doing a regular 140 if not dealt with correctly.

I'd say the hardest counter to this would be a quickly set up empoleon, as it would get all the necessary things to counter it with dive draw, and also be able to pick off the mewtwos and ho ohs with ease.

But this decks worst enemy is sygliph... all the big attackers are ex's and the only non ex is rufflet... which would die extremely quick to a sygliph. I added two bravarians for BW which can do 90 for 3 colourless... but I want something else to counter the sygliphs. Any Ideas?

Actually, stroke of genius... why not add two sypliphs instead? They can fit in this deck really easily if you have 2 psy energies and the DCE's. Also can counter some big name cards like say darkrai and mewtwo... and since I'm noticing more and more raikous and quad enteis... alright... I'll be starting the sygliph now :D

KadyShack707 said:
^ don't know if you have read Ho-Oh's ability... but here it goes.

Ho-Oh's ability is what we try and aim for (a fully charged Ho-Oh whenever you can manage to get a heads. It can even be on turn 1 sometimes!). By placing a Ho-Oh on the bench, you can get energy on him 2 ways. by placing an energy on him (slow compared to 3 energies right off the bat) or by letting him get KO'd by your opponent so that you can then get 3 energies on him from the discard... but the opponent is up 2 prizes. By using rufflet and getting them in your hand, you A) don't need to lose prizes to get the Ho-Oh into the discard, and B) to discard him (and hopefully energies) using ultraball and Juniper.

I have Ho-Oh EX FA, but It wasn't too useful to me so I just sleeved it and put it in a binder until I could find a trade. I know of the ability, I just spaced. XD
Because, like I said ..usually when I search basic Pokemon, I intend on benching, so that's why I didn't really notice.

JadeEspeon said:
I have Ho-Oh EX FA, but It wasn't too useful to me so I just sleeved it and put it in a binder until I could find a trade. I know of the ability, I just spaced. XD
Because, like I said ..usually when I search basic Pokemon, I intend on benching, so that's why I didn't really notice.

Ah, alright. Yeah, Ho-oh is quite limited to the decks he can successfully be in (maybe 2 - 3 decks) and with a lot of anti ex things coming out in the later sets, this might be his shining moment. Yeah, usually people want the bench to be full, only this deck in thus far wants it's basics in the discard (or so I've seen). Anyways, best of luck on the trading of the Ho OH.

KadyShack707 said:
Ah, alright. Yeah, Ho-oh is quite limited to the decks he can successfully be in (maybe 2 - 3 decks) and with a lot of anti ex things coming out in the later sets, this might be his shining moment. Yeah, usually people want the bench to be full, only this deck in thus far wants it's basics in the discard (or so I've seen). Anyways, best of luck on the trading of the Ho OH.

Yeah...no one seems to want it. But maybe it will end up shining...like Kyogre did. I had Kyogre EX and no one would take that....then I finally traded it for a catcher and BAM!, John Roberts sky rockets it into popularity. lol

Zaloog91 said:
You may wanna consider Fitting Braviary into your deck for the simple fact that rufflet is 2HK'd by the 2 big damage spreaders this could be a key easy prize they'll leave on your bench till they need it. Terrakion even 1 with only 2 energy in a deck built to discard energy for Ho-oh will often be only catcher bait if played down early or If you try to save it for clutch just to not have access to a fighting energy could cost you.

-1Terrakion
-1 Tornados

+2 Braviary

Who are the two big damage spreaders? I know registeel ex, but whos the other one???

Back