Ho-oh EX Variants

MMAmonchan said:
Slowbro said:
Honestly, if you're playing this deck because it has a good matchup against something like Trubbish, you should rethink how you choose decks. lol

Anyways, Ho-oh has a pretty bad matchup against Blastoise and Plasma, so it's not even that good.

we are talking about the future. the plasma matchup is pretty good witn terrakion and cobalion nvi. assume lasers will be diminished due to the presence of virizion next format and hooh is at least tier2
Plasma will play Silver Bangle instead, so that point is moot. I honestly fail to see how Terrakion helps, as Thundurus isn't the main attacker. And Trubbish won't be good in the future either.

I would say Absol is better than Kyurem in decks where you do not have Deoxys, both for an inexpensive attack and not having to retreat out after using the big attack.

Puff-Sun said:
And @Machamp, Just Ho-Oh is still solid because of its favorable matchups with VG and Trubbish. And if we get the Mewtwo/Genesect deck and EXBB, the only thing we lose is SSU, and Max Potion is still better.

Firstly, that won't happen for at least 1 set, if at all. Secondly, why would we get Energy Switch back? I know it's in the Mewtwo/Genesect deck, but Japan always gets reprints we don't. lol @ Catcher

Then again, we've gotten a ton of reprints in sets that Japan didn't (coughBoundariesCrossedcough), so why couldn't they squeeze some reprints into the 18 extra spaces in MC? Energy Switch has been in the format for a loong time, so I can't see it not being in MC.

No not always, SSU can be great if your Ho-Oh is being targeted by Lando, or something like that, but it's not absolutely necessary. Energy Switch however totally is. Without it the deck isn't the deck, unless you plan on attacking with Ho-Oh, which is Deoxys/Mewtwo bait.

Energy Switch is Rotated, this deck is dead for the moment.

(I realize it might be reprinted but that's not a guaruntee)

Energy Switch is literally the cornerstone of the entire deck's main structure, so yes, it is.

It's just random attackers + Ho-oh tech without Energy Switch.

SheNinja said:
Is Energy Switch necessary?

For Ho-oh to work? Uh, yes. How do you plan on using Ho-oh to do anything useful in any matchup except Genesect/Virizion without it?

Aggressiv said:
Energy Switch is Rotated, this deck is dead for the moment.

(I realize it might be reprinted but that's not a guaruntee)

It is not rotated for sure either.

EDIT: Never mind. NXD-On is confirmed, so yea for the immediate future this deck is unusable.

So the rotation will possibly kill Energy Switch.... *cries* What are the chances of this Energy Switch being reprinted? Are there any fun decks to play? That actually could be good?

Energy Switch isn't being reprinted as far as my eyes could see ;-;

GG Ho-Oh you flew well while you were worth it to play

It isn't in Plasma Blast based on the official set list.

This deck is utterly dead until E switch gets a reprint (if it ever does). Not much else to say.

Because you could discard it and then Rebirth back onto the bench. So, not really playable in that either.

Rebirthing doesn't /do/ anything if it can't attack or get energy back. Going to the bench is useless in Weavile unless you want to use Scoop Up Cyclone on it (lol).

So with Energy Switch returning in a better shape then ever, what do you think of Ho-ohs chances of being a part of the new meta?

Back