'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
AAAHHHH GIMME THAT FA CORONET!!!

also does this potentially mean that the regular versions of these cards are going to be crashing in price? or no?

UWU

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
As I watch the pack opening, all packs are White Code but not that means that you'll guarantee to pull a holo. And also, TPCi did a clever job for reprinting Supporter cards like Bill's Analysis because they don't want to reprint things like Ultra Ball and extends its legality. If this is all Kanto-based set, where the heck is Charging Togedemaru? Togedemaru was from Family Box, and I expect to be there since it doesn't be in Unified Minds.

And also again, are we expecting Gyarados GX and Wigglytuff GX?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Glad we’re finally getting lady fa. Now to get masked royal fa and the other Zekrom GX cards
These aren't going to happen. Almost every year there's a super scarce lottery-type card that players in Japan have to win to earn and there's only like 1000 copies ever made. Masked Royal FA was 2017's and the Zekrom full arts were 2018's. The Mewtwo GX full art reprint of Hidden Fates's Mewtwo GX are 2019's. Back in Gen 5 there were full arts of Giratina EX and Rayquaza EX we never got. etc

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
What I find appalling is that there's 94 SV cards, and for me to have pulled 8 out of 18 packs is basically less than 50% chance of a SV. It sucks and will have a group that I hang out with, a little over 50 for card matches, to send the company complaints on the pull ratio.

I hope you're kidding, a near 50% pull rate is amazing.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
No it's really not that great when there's almost 100 Shiny Vault cards in the set. And that this is supposed to be the annual special set that has a guaranteed holo pull.

Ian Hatcher

Aspiring Trainer
No it's really not that great when there's almost 100 Shiny Vault cards in the set. And that this is supposed to be the annual special set that has a guaranteed holo pull.

I think 8/18 is amazing. If that holds true it's better than the shiny rate in both SL and Ultra GX. Looks like the FA shiny could be the tougher pull for sure though as it should be.

Sorry guy who posted the video but that was brutal to watch with the music playing. Thanks anyway.

Ready to crack these open as I have 3 cases of ETBs on pre-order :) Going all in on this set for sure!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I thought I wanted more of this set but I just realized 90% of the pulls are gonna be useless Kanto :/

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think I will be able to finish a complete set. It will cost 255 euros ( on top of that goes convert cost from Euros to GB that will be at least 18 euros more and the shipping because of a lot of plastic in Pokemon TCG packaging that makes look boxes bigger will increase shipping cost so about 35 euros for the shipping) just to buy every product once. And I don't think I can afford to buy again these products just to 99% get the same cards as before for very low chance of getting missing GXs and Shiny cards and previous special sets had the same issue.

To buy missing shiny/ GX and full art cards from these sets.

Shining legends: missing 24 cards from the set, to finish I have to buy as single and that would cost 158 euros.
Dragon Majesty: Missing 27 cards and I did buy every product they released, in order to buy as single missing cards another 145 euros need to spend.

So yea, I can estimate at least 150-250 euros required to finish the Hidden Fate set If have to buy as single these cards.

FluffyFlareon

Aspiring Trainer
Aside from obviously being excited about the shiny boys (like the eeveelutions, gardevoir, scizor, altaria, rayquaza, ninetales, articuno, metagross, lycanroc, etc.), I like the prospect of further expanding my Gen I collection, and this is the perfect relatively-inexpensive vehicle to do that!

A lot of great artwork here, so it's making me very happy

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Aside from obviously being excited about the shiny boys (like the eeveelutions, gardevoir, scizor, altaria, rayquaza, ninetales, articuno, metagross, lycanroc, etc.), I like the prospect of further expanding my Gen I collection, and this is the perfect relatively-inexpensive vehicle to do that!

A lot of great artwork here, so it's making me very happy
I'm pretty sure Ray-GX & Meta-GX is pulled from this set

One trend that I hate now is the promo card (reprint) is being put in the set. Unbroken Bond was terrible with the 2 Litwick, but this set also have some reprint. It would have been better if they kept it just as the Yellow Artenate Art.

Seeing that Vapor n probably Jolty is in this set, I do think they should have but Flary in this set instead of releasing it as a Promo for a theme deck that I'm pretty sure I can't find easily.

dom

Aspiring Trainer
just watched a youtuber open up 6 boosters (from 2 of the mew/mewtwo boxes). got ZERO shiny vault cards. god if that happens to me, i will not be happy.

ItsMeJoji

ENERGY!
AH!!!! The Giovanni's Exile FA we never got in Unbroken Bonds! YES!

I can continue Completing my Kanto FA Collection! We just need a Lt. Surge FA.