'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Ian Hatcher Aspiring Trainer
    Ian Hatcher

So ready for this set. It will be a fun set to complete for sure and I'll need to get a nice binder to display them all. September 20th can't get here soon enough.

2. CardPone Enter the Millennial Avocadome
    CardPone

That may be true for main sets, but I seriously doubt Hidden Fates is already legal even though the set hasn't released yet. This has to be an exception.

3. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Pin collections should be out this Friday unless that changed.

4. RealMrMewtwo Aspiring Trainer
    RealMrMewtwo

Half of these are the stupid alternate arts. FeelsBadMan

5. fleshrum April in Kalos...
    fleshrum

that tapu lele though....

6. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Eh...I guess. I'm just hoping it pulls a Shaymin and doesn't carry much value any more.

7. The Binder Guy Aspiring Trainer
    The Binder Guy

Has anyone else had a tough time tracking down the Mewtwo and Mew Collections at their local stores? People are hoarding them and reselling the boxes for $50 or more each! It’s like Generations’ Mew boxes again.

8. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

I haven't seen any but Target missing a street date isn't particularly unusual. GameStop however; that's kinda strange.

9. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Can confirm that people are going around buying it all up. Heard about it from some GameStop employees near by.

I feel like we had to deal with this nonsense with Dragon Majesty too. I'm just going to wait for them to show up on PokemonCenter.com

Only not that. Apparently I'm going to get some easy complete sets of the base HF for not an outrageous price all things considered.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  10. AshCo Payne-ful
    AshCo

I was lucky enough to get a few of the ones my Gamestop had, super thankful that I did. I guess that puts me in the minority?

11. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

There are complete sets of the base set on ebay for not outrageous prices. My cards came from a card shop ebay seller so I don't feel like I'm feeding the fire too badly here. Now I just need to gather the Shiny Vault.

12. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Hidden Fate's base set isn't that big and only has a few chase cards, all of which are unplayable garbage, so no surprise there. Shiny Vault's prices on the other hand are a catastrophy right now.

Number51x and AshCo like this.
  13. AshCo Payne-ful
    AshCo

I really can't wait to see things stabilize for the set, I'm interested to see how prices on the SV cards end up faring. I hope most of it isn't too bad, but I know anything meta is going to be annoying to get for a while.

14. srsrox Aspiring Trainer
    srsrox

I pulled that in my first pack!

15. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

So...you're say'n you had a pack?

16. SteveP Aspiring Trainer
    SteveP

I can confirm that in my home town, Hidden Fates disappear the moment they hit the shelves. When looking online, the Mew and Mewtwo pins are aplenty at sites selling Hidden Fates, ie., CoolStuffInc, ToadAndTroll (and affiliate sellers), which tells me even those online stores are opening their products for singles instead of selling the boxes. For those stores that have a few boxes to sell, they go for almost 3 times the retail prices. Luckily, my FLGS limits sells to 1 box per person, and I was able to buy one of each of the Mew and Mewtwo boxes.

Madness in the after-markets for this set! Hopefully, things will die down with later releases of this set, so I can buy more than a box.

17. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Ok so I finally got a hold of 3 Mew pin boxes at retail price. In my 9 packs I pulled:

Shiny Guzzlord GX
    Shiny Rowlet
    Raichu GX
    Wigglytuff GX
    Shiny Ralts
    Charizard GX and Shiny Turtonator GX (same pack)

Those are some damn decent pull rates.

18. AshCo Payne-ful
    AshCo

I'm loving the rates of this set. It really makes the sheer amount of SV cards feel more doable since you're pretty consistently getting a hit just about 1 in every 2 packs. (You went above the norm here from what I can tell). This is a fun set to open for sure.

My pulls went as follows, out of 9 packs:

1 RA Bird Trio
    1 Starmie GX
    2 RR Bird Trios
    1 SV49 Zard GX.

I got less out of mine obviously, and no regular shinies which I found kinda strange. Still hit about 1:2 rates, and I can't complain about getting a Charizard, lol. Excited to open more of this set though.

19. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

I only got 2 SVs in my first six packs but one was Gold Lele so I guess I can't complain. Pulling the Zard out the 6 tins, 2 ETBs or Super Premium Collection I have coming would just end my existence though!

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 7 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?