Have you ever been bullied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had any major issues, just the occasional prat who thinks they're funny by being an arse. Never been anything to worry about for me.

Never been picked on actually. I think the trick to dealing with bullies is instead of kick a bullies ass while on school campus during school hours, you should do it after school is out so you cant get suspended or anything thats what i would do/have done.

No, i haven't really been bullied yet but people do tease me like this boy at my band class who calls me "Chipmunk" and makes this derpy chipmunk face. Funny but annoying.

You wouldn't believe...

At my school, like most schools, popularity is based on athleticism.

I'm 4' 11' at 12 years old, so I'm pretty small. I don't even get interested in the major sports like basketball, football, etc. I tried baseball and basketball, but right field is lonely and the bench is cold. When you play Pokemon, obviously, you're put right at the bottom. I have been punched in the eye several times, arm broken, and have gotten a concussion because of them. My parents don't do a thing and the school just shrugs it off. I have NO, and I mean NO friends. Even when I go to my league, I'm avoided. Considering that all these things are happening when I'm in the 7th grade, I don't know what I'm going to do in high school. I make all A's, so I'm also a "nerd." Please give advice on what I should do!

I used to be bullied all the time, for various reasons: I was small, I was a year younger than everyone else in my grade, I was a nerd, and all of my friends were female. But as time went on I got bullied less, especially when I started growing and actually became slightly athletic. Honestly, bullying usually stops around ninth or tenth grade.

@Gardegon: Tell someone responsible and someone you know can help this problem. An adult like a parent could come to school and tell a teacher/headteacher about this issue. If not, make a complaint to the school and keep bugging them if they don't make a response. If all else fails, ask to move school.

Zenith said:
Honestly, bullying usually stops around ninth or tenth grade.

^This. Anyone who acts like a bully, picks on others, and/or doesn't get along with others needs to grow up. They're at the age where a high level of maturity is required.

It hurts me to hear this stuff.

I've never been seriously bullied. Only when I first went to my school, I was called short (I was pretty dang small) and other remotely offensive stuff, but I dealt with it. Then I made some new friends with similar interests, and suddenly everyone's cool with me and I'm cool with them.

In elementary school I skipped 2nd grade and so I was younger and smaller than almost everyone else in my grade (except for one midget kid:p). People used to shove me around a bit or try to verbally abuse me, but I passed it off and actually tried to impress them with my talents. The bullying cleared up quickly and I was even okay in middle school, too. Now that I'm graduating high school I suddenly realize how easy I had it compared to others.

The worst bullying was freshmen year in gym class when I was still pretty short (I'm 5'8" now:D) and small and someone threw a shoe at my head. It was already a bad day and no one except for my friends knew I was a brown belt in Jujutsu, so I threw him on the floor and kicked his grass. I go to a private school that promotes sticking up for yourself and I got off without punishment:p.

Yes.But its usually Verbal.Although it can become very heated,I just try to avoid any unnecessary conflict before it begins.I try not to let it get to me,its better to be a geek than a Bully.Bullies usually have no future in life.I remember that and it does not effect me.In Elementary school,I used to be physically beaten because I liked pokemon,they would take my cards and call me names behind that,these people were 'friends' or so I thought.As an honors student it seems as though Pokemon is a bit more accepted,not much conflict.I only stick with those I can trust and those that enjoy the franchise as much as me.I'm just proud to have a higher staple of life than those that did bully me.

I know I'm one of the less-cool kids in my cool, but at least I know that people probably talk about me behind my back. Apparently I have a big head. :s I don't see what someone having a "Big head" is anything worth talking about. It's mainly the "cooler"people that will do anything to make themselves feel better. Anyway, I don't really worry about it, because all the people that DO are just big jerks. ;)

I was bullied Through out Grade school by the same people but I got stronger and beat one of them up and now they leave me alone, Im not saying that violence is the answer but today it seems that your peers will persecute you if you do anything else.

Recently this year one person used to bother me a lot in math class, thankfully at the second month of classes his desk was really far from mine so he stopped bothering me but before that he even dared to ask me to give him the answers for the history test.
In 7th grade there was another person that bothered me a lot and almost continued into 8th grade, most of the time when he tried to say bad things of me in front of everyone he would end up making a fool of himself.
It`s ironic how a common target for bullying are nerds considering that they could end up working for them and basiclly depend on them for school
In my school we recently made a debate about this and how schools are taking actions to stop it.

Zenith said:
I used to be bullied all the time, for various reasons: I was small, I was a year younger than everyone else in my grade, I was a nerd, and all of my friends were female. But as time went on I got bullied less, especially when I started growing and actually became slightly athletic. Honestly, bullying usually stops around ninth or tenth grade.

It's basically the same situation for me. I was bullied verbally behind my back quite a bit in sixth and seventh grade, because people at my school are too coward to say anything to anyone else's face. I remember there were even a few people that actually had the nerve to harass me on Facebook in the summer before my eighth grade year. It was mostly becasue my voice was pretty high pitched for a guy (yeah, then I turned 12 <_< ), was never really good at sports, and a lot of my friends were girls. However, during eighth grade (when my voice and body really began to mature), everyone pretty much backed off. I even made quite a lot of new friends between that time and now, most of them being male. The only people that have problems with me now are a few of the potheads :> However, like I said, no one's ever said anything to my face except for those few instances. I'd love to see them try, though <3

I don't usually get bullied since I try to appeal to all of the groups in my school. I'm pretty "in" with the popular kids, and I've got a few Mexican friends due to my Mexian heritage, however, I had a bit of a hard time in middle school.

In all honesty, I think kids in middle school are more stuck up and harsh than they are in high school. At that age, some of the things they call you sting, but by the time you get to high school, you can tone it out. I wasn't as popular as I was now than in middle school, and that's because I made the drastic approach to actually be likeable in the 8th grade. I, however, had to hide a bit of my video game obsessions, but I think I'm a better person 'cuz of it. At least now I don't have the horrible twitch I used to.

I've never actually had a real bully, besides those people who ocassionally kick your chair, but those are all just jokes. I'm basic friends, if not acquaintances with most.

Yeah I'm really lucky to have a school where all the popular kids play Xbox and whatnot, and while nobody still knows I play pokemon, I don't get picked on much.

Yes, i have gotten bullied. The bulling is mostly verbal and very hurtful. But I hold strong knowing that at the end of high school, my life will be better than theres.

At summer camp this kid kept trying to kick my "sunshine" as a joke and I ended up getting hurt, obviously. He would always make fun of me, and he was one of the meanest kids I ever met. He is completely misguided though, his parents let him watch rated R movies at 12 or 13 :/

I hate it when on like, Cartoon Network they have that "stop bullying" program, but nobody's really doing anything bad. Other than that I used to be a bit shy so nobody really paid attention to me, but now I've changed and I'm still not bullied. I suppose it's a different enviroment.

You know, it REALLY helps when you keep it a secret that you like Pokemon.
I've discovered that if nobody knows you like Pokemon, the jerks tend to leave you alone, unless you're already knows for being less-popular.
All my friends quit Pokemon about a year ago, (But recently one of them got back in to it) but I couldn't let go of it. So I told them I didn't like Pokemon, and they never asked questions. :)

In earlier grades, but not anymore. Only 8th graders really do it now. Thing is as you've seen in other threads you know what I do when they annoy me. 8th graders do it to everyone in the entire 6th grade though. So it's not just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back