Harrison Ford 'done deal' for 'Star Wars VII'

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Detroit Free Press said:
Hot news for Han Solo fans!

Latino Review reporter Umberto "El Mayimbe" Gonzalez appeared on Fox News Latino today to break the news that Harrison Ford will definitely be back to reprise the role in "Star Wars VII," slated for 2015.

Rumors have been swirling since November, but Gonzalez is the first to claim he has confirmation.

"I found out yesterday. I did my due diligence, like I do with everything. Triple checked. Legitimate sources...His deal is done," Gonzalez said.

Ford and Lucasfilm have not yet confirmed anything, beyond that J.J. Abrams will direct.

Although Ford said in an ABC interview in 2010 that he thought Solo "should have died in the last" "Star Wars" film, "Entertainment Weekly" reported in November that Ford was interested in playing the role once more.

The Latino Review has a strong reputation for breaking film news, notes Total Film.com, so it looks like we can all start debating whether Ford, 70, should return.

Now if we can get the rest of the crew back....Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill...you know. :-D

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it's nice to have a throwback, but on the other...sooooo old lol.

dmaster out.

With midlife crisis earring and all? Should be interesting.

I disliked the Disney acquisition of Star Wars at first, but I have a feeling we'll finally get to see some substance to characters such as Boba Fett. Maybe as a standalone movie? I heard there may be a Yoda movie in addition to 3 more linear movies.

dmaster said:
I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it's nice to have a throwback, but on the other...sooooo old lol.

dmaster out.

It could be good like...

Han Solo encounters his older self in a Rebel Alliance hangar; Han Solo Prime has selected a planet for the surviving smugglers to colonize. He persuades his younger self to continue serving the Rebel Alliance, encouraging him to do what feels right, instead of what is logical.

Well, it could be like the expanded universe. From what I've heard, Han and Leia have a kid together, and said kid becomes a Jedi.

omahanime said:
dmaster said:

dmaster out.

It could be good like...

Han Solo encounters his older self in a Rebel Alliance hangar; Han Solo Prime has selected a planet for the surviving smugglers to colonize. He persuades his younger self to continue serving the Rebel Alliance, encouraging him to do what feels right, instead of what is logical.

So basically like Nimoy in the Star Trek reboot lol.

Also, changed:

omahanime said:
Han Solo encounters his older self in a lead-lined refrigerator

dmaster out.

Kecleon-X said:
Well, it could be like the expanded universe. From what I've heard, Han and Leia have a kid together, and said kid becomes a Jedi.

3 kids actually... [/starwarsgeek]

The problem with using the Extended Universe as a screenplay is that there's just so much of it. LucasFilm actually has a guy whose entire job is to keep track of the canon. There are the 6 main movies, the animated movie and series, over 150 adult novels, that many (if not more) YR books, a plethora of comics, and even non-movie-based video games. This means there's a lot of material to choose from, but it's also hard to sift through and keep track of.

If they stuck with the EU and Ford, Hamill, and Fisher all joined in, they'd also have to keep in mind timeline stuff. The events of the EU that are about 30 years after Return of the Jedi aren't really movie material, at least not without some major changes. Something like the Thrawn Trilogy would be perfect, but that takes place 5 years after RotJ, so the actors are too old.

Man, I do wish it would happen, though. Especially if Zahn and Allston were involved.

In reality, though, I think the existing EU will either be ignored entirely, or it'll be put through a meat grinder with only a few, choice bits being picked out and the rest mashed together.

Back