Writing Haiku Contest Redux IV (Theme: Nature)

I

Incinermyn

haikubanner.png

Biweekly Haiku Contest Redux IV

Rules and Entry Information

1.) Signups will be based on the order in which submissions are made, meaning that all entries are to be made upfront (either here or via PM to me). Only fifteen entries are allowed per round. Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be swapped out for something else or altered in any way.

2.) ONLY haikus will be accepted. Other short poems will no longer be allowed. If you cannot count off the alternating five-seven-five-syllable per line requirement, your entry will be disqualified and you won't be allowed to submit another poem for the duration of this round.

3.) Each poem for the contest must follow the selected theme for the competition. Due to artist’s having different interpretations of ideas, no haiku will be disqualified for writing about divergent topics so long as the theme is tied in somehow (if it isn’t, then you will be disqualified for the duration of this round); however, please note that poems posted with intent to troll or written up stupidly will be disqualified automatically. This contest’s theme is Nature.

4.) Voting shall be conducted by how many likes an individual post receives or via private ballot sent to me via PM. No contestants are allowed to vote for their own poems, and nobody is allowed to vote for more than three poems. Voting will not start until the entry deadline has passed, and any votes made beforehand will not be counted.

Entry Deadline: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Voting Deadline: Sunday, June 16, 2013

*Rules, timescales, and other parameters are subject to change without notice.

Entry List

1.) (Humidity) (By Teal)
Shiny morning dew
slightly above the ground: mist
tropical concert.

2.) Forest (By RaichuGirl)
deeply inhaling;
the vibrant grass; looming trees,
Nature surrounding.

3.) Starts (By Delta)
Place my hand upon
The gentlest of greenery.
Create existence.

4.) Wind (By elam18)
Everlasting Breeze
Flowing Through the Atmosphere
Calm Serenity

5.) Marsh (By Argetlam)
Reeds cover the mud
Silver fish leap high up
A heron spears one.

6.) Daydreaming (By 4aScoobySnack)
The clouds lift me up.
Time freezes for a moment,
And I float away.

7.) Brevity (By Lemonnade)
Nature comes and goes
One minute, shining its light
Extinguished the next.

8.) Thoughts From a Beach (By Serperior)
Water is power.
Look, it eroded that cliff.
I know. I lived there.

9.) Redwood (By Rally)
Stretching out as far,
As anyone's eye can see.
An inspiration.

10.) Guardian (By AoH)
In sylvan fetters
I stand in treetops, watchful
This forest is mine

(Humidity)
Shiny morning dew
slightly above the ground: mist
tropical concert.

Did it more Japanese styled and all since it's finally about nature. (I still think haikus shouldn't have titles.)

Starts
Place my hand upon
The gentlest of greenery.
Create existence.

But seriously. Just post the Haiku later, it's not like we are constantly hitting the sign up cap or getting extra points if you post in the thread first.

1.) Signups will be based on the order in which submissions are made, meaning that all entries are to be made upfront (either here or via PM to me).

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you don't have a poem, DO NOT post reserving a slot. It gets really annoying, really fast when people say they're going to enter and don't have anything while other people are entering poems on the spot. I accept entries on a first-come, first-serve basis only.

Wind
Everlasting Breeze
Flowing Through the Atmosphere
Calm Serenity

-----------------------------------------
What is the prize?

Brevity

Nature comes and goes
One minute, shining its light
Extinguished the next.

Please don't misunderstand this, I'm not against nature or anything. This is a reflection on my current situation, on how my emotions can change so quickly and easily, and I've applied to the theme of nature. I also write a lost of depressing things in general, so I hope no-one takes this the wrong way.

I'm offering a slight extension for those who want to get in a few last minute entries. You have until 6:00PM CDT to enter. After that, voting will begin.

Guardian
In sylvan fetters
I stand in treetops, watchful
This forest is mine

~AoH

Back