Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble from 'Pokemon Sword' and 'Shield!'

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
The starters look great! I can see myself using both Grookey and Sobble, but I can already tell I'll pick the lizard. Loving the chameleon vibes with it turning invisible in water!

I'm also loving the way the graphics in these games look, but they seem a tad... unrefined. Hopefully they're smoother in the final games.

The region design look pretty linear at first glance. Start at the bottom and work your way up, right? But, I can see there's a lot they can do with it so I'm hoping for some really nice routing through the games.

Shut up and take my money, Nintendo.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Isnt the logo colour too similar to x & y

It might just be a coincidence, but aren't blue and red seen as dueling colors?

We had Red and Blue, Diamond and Pearl, HeartGold and SoulSilver, X and Y, Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and now Shield and Sword. Granted, not all of these were straight red vs. blue, but it makes sense.

Kyle J. Asplund

Some birb boi
I can predict that the sword pokemon will have a skyrocketing attack stat, & the shield pokemon will have a skyrocketing defense stat.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Let's disagree about that. Yes, I too want more than 70 Pokemon, but not like in Gen 5 which had about 50 good Pokemon with the rest being meh to (sometimes literally) garbage.
The problem with that many pokemon is that if there armor pokemon there armor bad pokemon. Unova had a lot of trubbish pokemon but I would say that Kanto had it's own share of grime...r an example would be Mime...r as well as other Kanto pokemon are disliked. Take a look a Kalos. Sure not many new pokemon but very few are bad. (Btw there's no SHAYMIN puns :)

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
The graphics are so beautiful (compared to ORAS, XY, etc.)!!!
The starters are... alright.
but they could've been better (and so could the names)
Anyways, now it looks like the npcs and most importantly, the avatar, have emotions!!!
Hype is coming.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
I don't really like the male's bags at all; it'd be more fun it they could leave them without ones, even if I understand there has to be something to carry on the items etc.
I want a purse. And a dress. Maybe some glitter.

Yes, for the men.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Let's disagree about that. Yes, I too want more than 70 Pokemon, but not like in Gen 5 which had about 50 good Pokemon with the rest being meh to (sometimes literally) garbage.
Don't diss my boy Unova or Sableye will bite you

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
The munchlax in the trailer makes me think baby pokemon may be returning? Well we can hope so :).

cammac16196

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Scorbunny will probably have the most fans, but I actually like that monkey the best. The trailer confirms that the graphics are going to look very nice, and it's good that they dropped the Let's Go character models.
All hail Grookey!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
TBH, I'm happy that we'll get a new Gen game. I even also like the starters and the region. If I were choose if I play either Shield or Sword, I choose to play both. Because Version-exclusives ties me up. I am a guy whose goal is to complete the Pokedex. Is UK has Rhinos there? I'm psyched on having Rhyperior in Galar, yieee!!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Since we don't have any information on the game mascots, I may insert some possible hints.

The game is based on literally weapons of a warrior, since the game based on UK, and has some history on there. It does make sense.

Sword is a weapon that is mainly for offense, So the Legend of the Sword must look like a Warrior and its stats must be proficient in the Attacking side.

Meanwhile, Shield is a weapon that is mainly used for defense, so the Legend of the Shield must look like a Tank, beefy beast, and stats must be proficient in the Defense side. So we'll expect a slow, beefy Legendary Pokemon.

I inserted this because designing a 10-footer Legendary Wolf, whatever that is wielding these weapons is extremely dumb.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Late to comment, and I don't know if anyone would read this at this point, but I'll add a few thoughts.

- It'll take time, but I'll get used to the starters, and I'm leaning more towards liking all of them. Of the three, I like Sobble the most. ...Very concerned about Scorbunny's evolution's typing, though. To me, that looks like a bandage between its eyes, which makes me think it's yet another Fire/Fighting starter. I hope I'm wrong.

- I really like the overall aesthetic and graphics of the region and the game itself! The rustic and industrial looks are very nice, and I've been enjoying combing over the map. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pokemon models are more or less the same as they have been since X&Y, but without the black outline. That's not a bad thing, though. The models have been spot on, so why reinvent the wheel?

- I'm so glad they finally changed the protagonist's face! In Gen 6 and 7, the protagonist is constantly WIDE-EYED AND ALWAYS SMILING. OuO And while the new faces are similar, they eased up on how wide the eyes are open, and they made the smile much more subtle. It makes a world of difference, in my opinion.

- And I like the names of the games being Sword and Shield. However, I don't like the background graphics behind the logos simply because of the generic wolf design on both the sword and the shield. And I'm assuming this is a generic design and not the legendary mascots because they are literally identical. To me, it wreaks of over-design. Like someone panicking that just a sword and shield was too plain. A weird, very minor thing to nitpick, but it sticks out to me.

slashman41

Aspiring Trainer
Weirdly enough, this group of starters has left the best first impression on me since the Sinnoh starters. I'm not quite sure what it is yet, though. Maybe just in terms of concept rather than design, because design-wise, none of them are anything special. A monkey and a chameleon are great places to start from, and could result in pretty cool final forms. I dunno. I'm cautiously optimistic.