DPPt/HGSS Grizzly's SoulSilver Scramble

Grizzly

Professor/Seller/Trader/Gamer
Alright, seeing as my nuzlocke challenge failed, my monotype run failed, and I even managed to fail a solo challenge, I'm gonna try something new. I'm gonna try a scramble, which seems to be all the rage now days. Anyway, here are the rules.

Rules:
1. I'll man up and use useless pokemon, like Magikarp and Unown. There can only be ONE though.
2. You chose nicknames, but the moves are up to me.
3. No type repetition (e.g. me getting a Croconaw for my starter and then someone giving me a Gyarados). Birds don't count cos lots of 'mons use Normal type moves and normal birds are the easiest to come by (debatable but staraptor is cool)
4. No trade evolutions (e.g. Machamp), due to the fact it is incredibly hard to obtain them. Their pre-evolutions (e.g. Machoke) are allowed however.
5. No duplicates/same Pokemon from the evolutionary line (e.g. Gloom and Bellossom). Split evolutions are not allowed. For the purpose of this, and to make it more enjoyable, no 1st gen Eeveelutions, Victreebel, Vileplume, Ninetails, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Cloyster or Exeggutor are allowed, due to the fact that Evo. Stones are incredibly hard to come by in the Johto section of the game. Espeon and Umbreon are allowed though.
6. If I think you are being stupid/trolling, then I reserve right to refuse your Pokemon.
7. No Pokemon that can't be obtained without trading.
8. I need to have a Pokemon with Surf/Fly (Surf by 5th Gym), and a birdy whenever.
9. No Pokemon that are obtained obscenely late in game (e.g. Sneasel).

Let the scramble begin. And I'll also be mature and work with non-fully evolved pokemon. First person picks my starter.

Meganium. Nick: Kathy (sr until you get a female if you like, I don't care)

I'm also curious as to how you failed a solo challenge. You can't fail a solo challenge. Who did you try it with, Sunkern? A healthy use of X Items will always save you if you get in a bind.

You may catch a Mareep and name it light, in order to evolve it must defeat a ground Pokemon. Same goes for when it's a Flaffy.

Yay for Graveler :D and even better when they are called Veronica (Nickolas if it is male).
I just realized that it will be helpful against your rival's Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion.

EDIT: I just saw the Staraptor thing I put on the rules of my Scramble thread :p

So far I have a Graveler, Meganium, Ursaring, and a Ampharos. This is one interesting looking team. Also, the Ursaring needs a nickname.

You need a Surfer? I suggested Weezing, but go for a Quagsire and nickname it Yoshi. That should be challenging due to Quag's type.

Alright, so I've got some interesting coverage with this team. The coverage is kind of lolworthy

Alright, I started recording my scramble, but unfortunately, it recorded the whole thing in little 1 minute videos. So, here's part 1, up to Violet City.

I named the character James and started the journey, getting all the important stuff from mom.
Got my starter, Chikorita. Soft reset until I got a female. When I finally did, I was surprised to see it was also shiny. lolwut
Got to the running shoes and the town map card for my pokegear when I reached Cherrygrove City.
Got the Apricorn Box, seeing as some of those balls can help me catch some of my team mates later.
Made it to Mr. Pokemon's house and got the egg, and pokedex.
Returned to New Bark Town, facing my rival along the way and beating him.
Continued training as I made my way towards Violet City.

Grizzly said:
Alright, I started recording my scramble, but unfortunately, it recorded the whole thing in little 1 minute videos. So, here's part 1, up to Violet City.

I named the character James and started the journey, getting all the important stuff from mom.
Got my starter, Chikorita. Soft reset until I got a female. When I finally did, I was surprised to see it was also shiny. lolwut
Got to the running shoes and the town map card for my pokegear when I reached Cherrygrove City.
Got the Apricorn Box, seeing as some of those balls can help me catch some of my team mates later.
Made it to Mr. Pokemon's house and got the egg, and pokedex.
Returned to New Bark Town, facing my rival along the way and beating him.
Continued training as I made my way towards Violet City.
argaalbrablblrlalarlblalrlrbllbrrlblerabllablralralbgalgalrabgalgblgbalrbgalbllrbl
why does everyone but me get shinies
But anyway, this looks like a good run for you. I'm surprised that you only got one NFE.
I would have contributed, but by the time I saw this, it was too late.

Part 2
Move towards the little patch of Route 32 I have access to and continue to grind with Kathy to get ready for the trip through Sprout Tower.
Catch Yoshi and Light and then processed to grind with them there and in Sprout Tower until about ten(since Kathy was about level 12 at the time)
Go through Sprout Tower and then challenge Volkner. Solo'd with Light he had learned Thundershock earlier
Proceeded through Union Cave, catching Veronica and getting her up to level with the rest of the team in Union Cave and Route 33, catching Fiery.
Train Fiery in Route 33, Union Cave, and Slowpoke Well against Team Rocket.
Continued to train some more with everybody and then went after Bugsy. Fiery, Veronica, and an appearance from Light and the Hive Badge was mine.
Went to leave through Azalea Forest and bumped into my rival, Silver...again. Made him beat him like a red-headed step child.

Team So Far:
Fiery (Spearow) ♀ Lv 15
Bold Nature
Peck / Pursuit / Leer / Fury Attack

Kathy (Chikorita)* ♀ Lv 13
Modest Nature
Tackle / Synthesis / Razor Leaf

Yoshi (Wooper) ♂ Lv 13
Timid Nature
Water Gun / Tail Whip / Mud Sport / Mud Shot

Light (Mareep) ♂ Lv 14
Jolly Nature
Tackle / Growl / Thundershock / Thunder Wave

Veronica (Geodude) ♀ Lv 17
Rash Nature
Tackle / Magnitude / Rock Throw / Rock Polish

Honestly, having most of my team before the second badge made me kind of happy. Only one missing now if Bob.

Back