Glaceon-GX from SM5!

Nyan

She/They
AAAAAAA IT'S AMAZING!

Seriously though it's all I have ever wanted in a card and more. I used to love playing Umbreon-GX, and this is a lot like Umbreon-GX just with a very powerful ability and more stall potential. I'm definitely gonna start working on a list for it now, woohoo, Glaceon-GX!

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
This is pretty good. Actually, no, it's great. T1 Energy Evolution locks Brigette down, counters expanded Turbo Dark as a whole, Ultta Road gets shut down, has a snipe attack that synergizes with Espeon-EX. If it gets a few more resources, it can match up evenly to Solgaleo. I'll keep an eye on this card

Elray

Expanded Player
Decks that this card totally shuts down:
  • Volcanion-EX
  • Decidueye-GX (if anyone still plays it)
Decks that have an overall more difficult time:
  • Anything with Tapu Lele-GX
  • Tapu Koko-GX
  • Metagross-GX
  • Mega Rayquaza-EX (Expanded, although Hex Maniac exists)
  • Turbo Dark (only if they use Darkrai-GX)

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
If this spells the death of Garbotoxin Garbodor in standard format next year then I'm all game for it. Really not a fan of mandatory field blowers in every list just because 1 Pokemon exists.

Guzma, a card everyone naturally plays because it's good, is your solution to shutting this off universally. This also means that decks like Tapu Bulu/Vikavolt and any deck that uses both magnezones can run free since they aren't EX or GX. This gives more value to non-GX/EX Pokemon playing a support role which is fantastic.

Really upset at the weakness to metal here though. Just drop a Registeel in the active and there you go. Definitely needed an ability like this on say a Flareon GX in order to have something to challenge Solgaleo GX, which IMO is still the best meta deck coming out of SM5 so far. Metal just keeps getting better.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Glaceon GX makes Solgaleo even better because Glaceon GX can OHKO all fire decks choice banded and shuts off Steam Up, meaning fire will have to play Ho-Oh GX and choice band to OHKO this or take the auto loss, and Ho-Oh GX is terrible against Gardevoir. So now Glaceon GX is supressing the desire to play fire decks even more and Solgaleo GX has even less to worry about because of it.

Also I hope this has enough of an impact to drop the deck counts and overall price of Lele.

Otaku

The wise fool?
I think what everyone is forgetting is the most important thing:

The Memes!

Quick, someone photoshop Glaceon's face onto God's body in the image from Solemn Judgment (YGO) and plaster "Glaceon says 'NO!'" underneath it!

I'm lazy, and I'm not good at actually making these things. XP

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
I personally like the rainbow rares ( probably because I’m a collector and a player).

Oh I'm a massive collector - but it's just a bit too much, crimson and shining legends were ok but sun moon Base, guardians and burning shadows where just horrific - and ended up spending waaaay to much to get them all! I think a few ultra rares is fine but the sheer amount is mental - id be interested to see in say 5-10 years how they hold their value! I miss the XY days of a handful full arts and done

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
Well we are only missing the original trio for a complete set of GX eveeloutions. Glaceon looks good for a stage one GX. Sylveon is still the most playable so far.

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
As an added throwback, Glaceon-GX's very similar to Glaceon Lv. X - a mechanic from the Sinnoh era - with limited ability lock and solid spread damage.

The similarity might be coincidental though, because Leafeon-GX isn't remotely similar to Leafeon Lv. X and Pokemon likes to deal in parallels.

Edit: Oh man I am late to this party lol

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I still don't like the idea of these cards targeting Pokemon-EX but at least we finally have a answer to Volcanion-EX.

LatiosKing2216

Likes creative Pokemon stuff
Ooh, I love this card too! Such beautiful artwork for such a beautiful Pokemon! These last 24 hours have been very exciting for me. :)

After thinking about it for a while, I think Glaceon-GX is pretty dang good, since that ability can be super quick and restrictive. However, I see it being countered by the upcoming meta way more than say Leafeon-GX because of newgaleo, and thus it probably won't see much play unfortunately. (or maybe fortunately in my case, since a Leafeon-GX deck is bound to have lots of GXs with abilities)

jo1teon

Aspiring Trainer
Having just built an Alolan Ninetales deck, I am SO hyped for this card! I will definitely be playing it in my deck when the English set releases. I think it will fit perfectly into the deck because of the attack being able to hit the bench, Ninetales is focused around sniping and spreading damage.
(also bring on the original Eeveelution GX's in the next set please!!)

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
Reasons for a good Flareon GX:
1. It could be an awesome standalone card
2. It could be a spicy tech in Volcanion
3. It would lead to more sales, because Kantonian fans will want the cards for their collection
4. Oh my god, the rainbow rare... just think how awesome...
5. We are going to need a definite counter to Metagross decks
6. Just because...
7. Why not?

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
My Ninetales deck is going to love this. Gives Garb the what to. Yeah every Steel deck craps on it but tis life of an IG Ice type. I could even see this being played in Expanded as a counter to Trevenant.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Jeez, another Umbreon/Darkrai? Well it's ability and GX attack are pretty good.

Graven

Eminem TTGX
*Sees Attacks*
*Sees Ability*
*Sees Water Type*
*Recalls Eevee's Ability*

Magic the Gathering would like a word with Glaceon GX.