News Giratina 'Pokemon Card Gym' Promo!

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
This is the nail in the coffin for Greninja. Glad to see these kind of counters again. What puzzles me is the design of this card. We are reaching the end of the XY block and when most of the breaks rotate, this card will still be around. I'm sure the next format for standard will be Evolutions-On. Thing are confusing.

They will absolutely not be rotating 8 sets in September lol

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
This will be like Karen. People won't think to play it because they think NM is scared off already. That is when NM comes in again and does well. Same with this Giratina and Greninja Break / Trev Break

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
This will be like Karen. People won't think to play it because they think NM is scared off already. That is when NM comes in again and does well. Same with this Giratina and Greninja Break / Trev Break

If I'm going to be real, I think this is something that will see more use in decks like Vileplume lock and Night March.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
This is an ugly form of ability lock with bad counterplay options. Even if this is niche I am hoping for less of this in the future please

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
When Mega-Mewtwo gets another good card to add, and Greninja takes another beating. RIP Trevenant/Greninja though. It's about time.

asdjklghty

-------------
With Max Elixr and DCE, the attack might actually be descent.

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
For sure next rotation will be BreakThrough-on. We know this because of the size of the sets. Primal Clash had around 160 cards, more cards than the usual set. The next set that has that many cards is BreakThrough. Then the next set after that with the most cards is going to be Sun and Moon base. Therefore the year after next is when we get the SM-on format.

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
That is true but if they do rotate, I think they would go as far as to remove Greninja BREAK from the format. I also say Evolutions because it is our reprint set before Sun and Moon base and is the least offending of balance since none of the cards are unbalanced. Its a good starting point for the SM format, though they could do away with EX Pokemon in general. It also removes a lot of unintended card interaction with Lunala GX taking two easy prize cards on Pokemon EX.

There are very choice words that I would like to say that would get me in trouble for how terribly dumb this is. This is like a surgeon cutting off someone's arm just because there is a splinter on the patient's finger.

Yeah, 'ninja is terrible, but they're not going to rotate out Breakthrough-Steam Siege just because there are "cancerous" cards in those sets. Next year is at worst, Breakthrough-whatever set name comes out by the time of the first regional.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
There are very choice words that I would like to say that would get me in trouble for how terribly dumb this is. This is like a surgeon cutting off someone's arm just because there is a splinter on the patient's finger.

Yeah, 'ninja is terrible, but they're not going to rotate out Breakthrough-Steam Siege just because there are "cancerous" cards in those sets. Next year is at worst, Breakthrough-whatever set name comes out by the time of the first regional.

I don't think I ever said anything about Ninja Boy but whatever. SM is the new thing and we already have an unintended card interaction. Lunala GX has a GX move that can KO any non GX basic Pokemon. This means they can KO a EX pretty much for free. While they can't really do anything about that, since any rotation other than a hard SM rotation will still have Pokemon EX in it, for at least another year or so. Cards like Greninja BREAK ruin SM cards
Should Greninja BREAK and Espeon EX become a thing, you have broken format. Garbodor makes all these new cards useless if they have abilities. Any competent game developer won't let old content ruin anything new they are trying to do with the game. The whole reason Destiny doesn't have a Year 3 Ice Breaker is because they know how unbalanced a gun is with unlimited ammo is. Same thing applies here. If you don't think TPC/i won't do a hard rotation to make sure SM cards aren't completely smashed, then you are mistaken.

I don't know if you played back when Sabledonk was a thing but they did that very things to protect the game. If they have to go as deep as to remove Greninja BREAK from the game via deep rotation, then so be it. Greninja BREAK is a very unbalanced card considering it was designed to KO EX Pokemon and we can't have something like that around in a format that is going to be evolution based with still low HP Pokemon. Do let such a concept anger you.

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
I don't think I ever said anything about Ninja Boy but whatever.
If I was talking about "Ninja Boy" I would've said "Ninja Boy" and not " 'NINJA" AS IN GRENINJA.

Reading, it's super simple stuff.

SM is the new thing and we already have an unintended card interaction. Lunala GX has a GX move that can KO any non GX basic Pokemon. This means they can KO a EX pretty much for free. While they can't really do anything about that, since any rotation other than a hard SM rotation will still have Pokemon EX in it, for at least another year or so. Cards like Greninja BREAK ruin SM cards
Should Greninja BREAK and Espeon EX become a thing, you have broken format. Garbodor makes all these new cards useless if they have abilities. Any competent game developer won't let old content ruin anything new they are trying to do with the game. The whole reason Destiny doesn't have a Year 3 Ice Breaker is because they know how unbalanced a gun is with unlimited ammo is. Same thing applies here. If you don't think TPC/i won't do a hard rotation to make sure SM cards aren't completely smashed, then you are mistaken.

I don't know if you played back when Sabledonk was a thing but they did that very things to protect the game. If they have to go as deep as to remove Greninja BREAK from the game via deep rotation, then so be it. Greninja BREAK is a very unbalanced card considering it was designed to KO EX Pokemon and we can't have something like that around in a format that is going to be evolution based with still low HP Pokemon. Do let such a concept anger you.

As to the rest of this, almost everything here is extremely opinionated and has no foundation. GX moves can only be used once per turn and would more than likely only be used to pick up a clinching KO or to get rid of something that is being set up if the opponents board position is terrible past that.

Your point on Greninja and Espeon is an opinion and trying to state it as a forgone conclusion that it will 'break' the format is invalid. We don't know what the format is going to look like once Primal Clash through Ancient Origins is rotated out. There might be cards like this new Giratina that will be in decks to stop greninja. Garbodor makes the older cards useless as well so that's just a moot point.

I'm going to ignore your little tangent about Destiny because; 1. It has nothing to do with what's currently being discussed, and 2. That's an MMO FPS game while this is a CCG.

It is not "anger" that I feel towards you, it is; pure, unadulterated amusement. Because you are the only one here that is angry, with your deep seeded hate for Greninja.

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE META IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE NEARLY 9 MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD FROM NOW. STATING THAT IT IS GOING TO BE LIKE YOU SAID BASED OFF OPINIONS AND NOT FACTS IS FOOLISH.

I felt that it was required to have it capitalized, bold, and underlined just in the hopes that it would get through the haze of hate that you have.

tl;dr Your logic is bad because it's actually just opinions and poor comparisons. And you should feel bad.

Ps; Don't bother typing up some angry reply, I won't read it. This conversation is now over as it will just go in a circle, leaving you blue in the face as you try to convince me. And leave me breathless as I laugh at your replies.

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
well that didn't take long for a product to be revealed.

Giratina 3-pack Blister coming in December
contains 1 never before seen foil promo card of Giratina,
3 packs, 1 coin and 1 code card.

wonder how we are gonna get those other gym cards.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
If I was talking about "Ninja Boy" I would've said "Ninja Boy" and not " 'NINJA" AS IN GRENINJA.

Reading, it's super simple stuff.

As to the rest of this, almost everything here is extremely opinionated and has no foundation. GX moves can only be used once per turn and would more than likely only be used to pick up a clinching KO or to get rid of something that is being set up if the opponents board position is terrible past that.

Your point on Greninja and Espeon is an opinion and trying to state it as a forgone conclusion that it will 'break' the format is invalid. We don't know what the format is going to look like once Primal Clash through Ancient Origins is rotated out. There might be cards like this new Giratina that will be in decks to stop greninja. Garbodor makes the older cards useless as well so that's just a moot point.

I'm going to ignore your little tangent about Destiny because; 1. It has nothing to do with what's currently being discussed, and 2. That's an MMO FPS game while this is a CCG.

It is not "anger" that I feel towards you, it is; pure, unadulterated amusement. Because you are the only one here that is angry, with your deep seeded hate for Greninja.

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE META IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE NEARLY 9 MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD FROM NOW. STATING THAT IT IS GOING TO BE LIKE YOU SAID BASED OFF OPINIONS AND NOT FACTS IS FOOLISH.

I felt that it was required to have it capitalized, bold, and underlined just in the hopes that it would get through the haze of hate that you have.

tl;dr Your logic is bad because it's actually just opinions and poor comparisons. And you should feel bad.

Ps; Don't bother typing up some angry reply, I won't read it. This conversation is now over as it will just go in a circle, leaving you blue in the face as you try to convince me. And leave me breathless as I laugh at your replies.

For the first point, You could have also said Greninja, since the word Ninja now means a few things and two, I'm not going to respond to the rest because you have a clear bias here and appear to be angry towards the idea.