BW/BW2 Get your in-game teams rated!

RE: In-game Team Rates

ArmaldoEX said:
@Bellomence: Hmm, are my calculations incorrect?
I wasn't absolutely saying that, what I calculated was a Maximum Attack Staraptor (Adamant with 252 Attack) versus Maximum HP and Defense Tyranitar (Bold with 252 HP /252 Defenses). However your recent calculations are correct.
ArmaldoEX said:
EDIT: Perhaps I am not. Just some miscalculations. And Tyranitar with max HP/Defense will still get a high chance (about 60%?) of getting OHKO'ed by Close Combat from a neutral natured Staraptor if Stealth Rock is played, if I'm not mistaken, again.
66.67% to be precise.

Ah yes. Updated my previous post with further information. Thanks for pointing it out.

raichupika33 said:
Hey, I got a new team. Please rate and give contstuctive comments for my team improvement. Thanks!
NOTE: This is an in-game team planning FOR the league.​

dpmfa389.png

Torterra - Reason - I Never go for the grass starter
Item - Quick Claw
Ability - Overgrow
-Leaf Storm
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Giga Drain

Torterra is a slow Pokemon so I am going to put a Quick Claw onto it so hopefully it will get the first turn of an attack occasionally. I tried to put physical attacks to Torterra as it is strong in that section, I was going to replace Crunch with Giga Drain but I think its best not to have the same move in a team. After the league, with Platinum there is a move tutor in one of the areas, it can learn Outrage and Superpower which are interesting moves. It is 4X weak to Ice so I put Stone Edge there to weaken Ice.

dpmfa445.png

Garchomp - Reason - Gible is available earlier now
Item - Draco Plate
Ability - Sand Veil
-Fire Fang
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Earthquake

We all know Garchomp is killer at physical attacking. It can learn a lot of moves, with Fire Fang I think its better than Flamethower on Garchomp since its physical. I put the Draco Plate with it to boost its attack even more. Again, 4X weak to Ice but Fire Fang can get rid of them there. I think its always best to have Earthquake with it. I might even give it Draco Meator, I'll see if this moveset works when I get Platinum. Even with special attack, Garchomp is pretty responsible with that.

alakazam-f.png

Alakazam - Reason - Have 2 DSs, might aswell trade.
Item - Shell Bell
Ability - Inner Focus
-Psychic
-Grass Knot
-Focus Blast
-Shock Wave

I gave Alakazam the Shell Bell since its got rubbish HP and defence, with the Elite 4 I think this is a great item. Psychic, whats an Alakazam wihout it? It goes extremely well, Grass Knot is a meh, Focus Blast although it has low accuracy, it can sweep out the Dark-Types when it is against us. Shock Wave is there because of its full accuracy, its not a big move for Alakazam but its alright.

dpmfa134.png

Vaporeon - Reason - Just Randomly picked it
Item - Mystic Water
Ability - Water Absorb
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Iron Tail

Mystic Water I think is a good item for Vaporeon, it boosts Water-Type attacks, its Surf is speical which is a good section for Vapy, it can have aditional damage for it to cause even more damage. Ice Beam is another good move since it has a 10% of causing freeze which can help Vaporeon to not take moves for a few turns because of its low defence. Other than that, it looks alright.

dpmfa229.png

Houndoom - Reason - A new fire type available
Item - Blackglasses
Ability - Early Bird
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Thunder Fang
-Sludge Bomb

I find it tricky to have a master item for Houndoom. The reason I picked Blackglasses is because Dark Pulse is special so I can create more damage with Houndoom having good stats within the Special Attack section. Thunder Fang is quite an interesting move for Houndoom I think, it can learn Fire Fang aswell but Thunder Fang is the way to go becuase Houndoom already has Fire Blast.

dpmfa468.png

Togekiss - Reason - I need someone to fly
Item - Leftovers
Ability - Serene Grace
-Aura Sphere
-Fly
-Flamethrower
-Water Pulse

Togekiss can learn a whole bunch of moves, we need to avoid physical moves, with Fly even though it is physical, I need a poke to fly. Aura Sphere is a great move with perfect accuracy, Flamethrower another really powerful move and Water Pulse is a pretty decent move, I chose it over Silver Wind.

Weaknesses - 200%
  • Fire (1)
  • Water (1)
  • Electric (2)
  • Grass (1)
  • Ice (1)
  • Fighting (1)
  • Poison (0)
  • Ground (1)
  • Flying (1)
  • Psychic (0)
  • Bug (2)
  • Rock (2)
  • Ghost (1)
  • Dragon (1)
  • Dark (1)
  • Steel (0)

Weaknesses - 400%

• Ice (2)

Listed above is the dangers of my team. If I had 3 Pokemon 4X weak to Ice, it is considered to switch my team. That is with all types. Luckily it is just on the rails.​

Aim - Hopefully I will be able to level my Pokemon well in Platinum, I am planning to evolve all my Pokemon before the 8th gym. With Garchomp that is going to be a bit of a problem since it evolves at Lv48 but I'm gonna attempt it.

Prediction - If this stays on track I think I will complete the Elite 4 if they are trained well. I am only a beginner player but I have played the game for a few years so I know whats coming...

Thank you for reading.
Raichupika33 - The Biggest Fan of Raichu​

LOL I remember this. What did you guys think of it? I loved it except I used Gallade instead of Alakazam. :p

My team for Soul Silver (I have the Japanese Version). I can't read Japanese, so I can't tell what each item is. So none of my Pokemon have any items.

Meganium Lv. 42
154-m.png

Reason: My favorite starter
Item: None
-Razor Leaf (I can't find the Energy Ball TM)
-Poisonpowder (Don't have access to Toxic)
-Synthesis
-Earthquake

Slowking Lv. 40
199-m.png

Reason: High Sp Attack. I can't decide if I should use Quagsire instead.
-Surf
-Power Gem
-Nasty Plot
-Confusion (No access to Psychic yet)

Ninetales Lv. 40
038-m.png

Reason: Houndoom and Rapidash come to late to get a Fire type
-Flamethrower
-Nasty Plot
-Confuse Ray
-Will-o-Wisp

Umbreon Lv. 41
197-m.png

Reason: Dark type. Tanky.
-Payback
-Confuse Ray
-Rest (Doesn't know Moonlight yet)
-Sand Attack

Ursaring Lv. 39
217-m.png

Reason: Very powerful. <3 Teddiursa
-Slash
-Focus Punch
-Rock Tomb (Don't have access to Rock Slide yet)
-Scary Face

Weezing Lv. 38
110-m.png

Reason: Physical Wall. Never raised a Poison type before (except Bulbasaur)
-Shadow Ball
-Double Hit
-Haze
-Sludge (don't have Sludge Bomb yet)

I'm at the Elite Four right now, but I'm okay with starting over (This game is really awesome) if I missed something important, or if I should change something.

Bippa201 said:
My team for Soul Silver (I have the Japanese Version). I can't read Japanese, so I can't tell what each item is. So none of my Pokemon have any items.

Meganium Lv. 42
154-m.png

Reason: My favorite starter
-Razor Leaf (I can't find the Energy Ball TM)
-Poisonpowder (Don't have access to Toxic)
-Synthesis
-Earthquake

Slowking Lv. 40
199-m.png

Reason: High Sp Attack. I can't decide if I should use Quagsire instead.
-Surf
-Power Gem
-Nasty Plot
-Confusion (No access to Psychic yet)

Ninetales Lv. 40
038-m.png

Reason: Houndoom and Rapidash come to late to get a Fire type
-Flamethrower
-Nasty Plot
-Confuse Ray
-Will-o-Wisp

Umbreon Lv. 41
197-m.png

Reason: Dark type. Tanky.
-Payback
-Confuse Ray
-Rest (Doesn't know Moonlight yet)
-Sand Attack

Ursaring Lv. 39
217-m.png

Reason: Very powerful. <3 Teddiursa
-Slash
-Focus Punch
-Rock Tomb (Don't have access to Rock Slide yet)
-Scary Face

Weezing Lv. 38
110-m.png

Reason: Physical Wall. Never raised a Poison type before (except Bulbasaur)
-Shadow Ball
-Double Hit
-Haze
-Sludge (don't have Sludge Bomb yet)

I'm at the Elite Four right now, but I'm okay with starting over (This game is really awesome) if I missed something important, or if I should change something.

Nice team altogether. Also Weezing will learn Sludge Bomb later as it levels up, so don't waste the TM for it once you get it as it would be a waste since Weezing will learn the move later. Other then that this team rocks.

suggestion on your silver game because you are using a Slowking that knows surf id suggest you use a Vaporeon.
reasons why
1 only 2 weakness
2 restores hp when Slowking hits it

ArmaldoEX said:
Oh, I'm just playing standard Staraptor while I'm assuming your Tyranitar is running max HP and Defense, without any Attack or Speed EVs, which isn't a standard Tyranitar. If you were to run a normal, standard Tyranitar without max HP/Defense, Close Combat will always OHKO with Choice Band, since I'm running standard Staraptor. To sum it up:-
  • Standard Staraptor has Choice Band and runs a +Speed Nature instead of running a +Attack Nature, which means that Staraptor is running max Attack EVs, but does not have the absolute maximum Attack stat as it is still missing extra stats through Nature. Again, Staraptor does not have maximum Attack stat.
  • The factors that I'm using for Tyranitar in this particular calculation is not standard. This is due to Tyranitar running max HP and Defense EVs (having maximum HP of 404) as well as a +Defense Nature (having maximum Defense. Therefore, it is clear that Tyranitar
    You forget Focus Sash. If Tyranitar is holding that it will servive every time.

... yeah. Blissey survives Close Combat with a Focus Sash. Shedinja survives Fire Blast with focus Sash. Magikarp survives Draco Meteor with Focus Sash. Except, 90% of the time all three (except Shedinja, he likes Focus Sash) will NEVER hold Focus Sash, because a) they have no use of that item compared to the others, and b) will have the item negated by damage status and entry hazard. Almost all openers have Focus Sash, not to survive attacks, but to Stealth Rock every time barring specialized antiopeners.

Using Focus Sash as an item is a stupid excuse to deny that Staraptor will always OHKO Tyranitar with Close Combat. Face the facts, Tyranitar is good, yes, but there are some things that you can't deny, especially in this case.

I'm not saying Focus Sash will be nullified, but it is just a stupid excuse to use Focus Sash as an arguing point.

hi just noticed i was supposed to post my team for in game here ...sorry about that...I found my old gameboy color with pokemon gold still with it ...got rehooked on pokemon again... but the team i was thinking of using was
Totidile
Electrabuz or Jolteon
Pincer or zubat
snubull or kangaskan ...most likly snubull love bulldogs lol...
and then im looking for a suggestion for getting rid of ghost and phychic types
6th spot more for hm pokemon to use cut n such

well.. i welcome any and all responce ...pokemon fanatic myself secretly lol

As much as I love to arrgure with this ArmaldoEx I just can't compete with you. But I will say lay-off my Tyranitar. I mostly send it out last incase there are no other pokemon that can handle the opponets team.

LegendaryRockMaster said:
As much as I love to arrgure with this ArmaldoEx I just can't compete with you. But I will say lay-off my Tyranitar. I mostly send it out last incase there are no other pokemon that can handle the opponets team.

I'm not gonna lay this off. First you say Tyranitar can take down Staraptor, which is where I already proved that Staraptor can take it one-on-one no sweat. Then you said you wanted a fair game, and I explained why my calculations were fair. Furthermore, you even used Focus Sash as an excuse. That, my friend, is not gonna make me lay off 'your' Tyranitar.

serponos said:
hi just noticed i was supposed to post my team for in game here ...sorry about that...I found my old gameboy color with pokemon gold still with it ...got rehooked on pokemon again... but the team i was thinking of using was
Totidile
Electrabuz or Jolteon
Pincer or zubat
snubull or kangaskan ...most likly snubull love bulldogs lol...
and then im looking for a suggestion for getting rid of ghost and phychic types
6th spot more for hm pokemon to use cut n such

well.. i welcome any and all responce ...pokemon fanatic myself secretly lol
I'd go with Jolteon over electabuzz. Jolt has a decent movepool, and if raised properly, it should outspeed anything you'll face.

Okay ArmaldoEx this means war. Lets say instead of Tyranitar I send out Rhyperior to counter Staraptor. 1 Avalanche attack after Close Combat and its game over for Staraptor.

Okay ArmaldoEx this means war. Lets say instead of Tyranitar I send out Rhyperior to counter Staraptor. 1 Avalanche attack after Close Combat and its game over for Staraptor.

You couldn't even last till the end of the turn to use Avalanche; and I proved why. Other than the lame excuse of a Focus Sash, what can you prove?

... the question is "Can Staraptor beat Tyranitar with Close Combat in a single turn". The Answer is "yes". That's it. If you want to actually make a whole team-based result, go battle him.

Nah, I don't waste my time with people whom use Focus Sash as an excuse to not accept the facts thrown right in front of him/her.

Remember Rhyperior has superior defense and the Solid Rock ability. Since these factors work together Close Combat will do only a fraction of its full damage to Rhyperior.

... yeah. Rhyperior can survive. So what? That wasn't the question in the first place, was it?

By the way, Banded Staraptor deals 47% to standard Support Tank Rhyperior; Band/Rock Polish takes 71%.

Not fatal by any means, but hits pretty damn hard.

Remember Rhyperior has superior defense and the Solid Rock ability. Since these factors work together Close Combat will do only a fraction of its full damage to Rhyperior.

And what happened to your beloved Tyranitar? Yes 'Doom, the calculations are indeed correct, but no one in the world would keep a Staraptor in front of a Rhyperior.

Back