Empoleon
Porygon-z
Lucario
Staraptor
Scizor
any ideas?

RE: In-game Team Rates

movesets?
just so I can see what types you need to cover.

but just looking at it...
magmortar or rapidash would help a lot.
maybe luxray?

AWESOME! Thanks alot for your advice =)

Zwelg Yes i do have Wi-Fi. Just have no idea how to figure out what my number is :eek:

safariblade said:
movesets?
just so I can see what types you need to cover.

but just looking at it...
magmortar or rapidash would help a lot.
maybe luxray?
Yeah rapidash was what I was thinking
And I'll get the movesets in a sec
Edit: movesets
Empoleon- Shadow claw , metal claw, surf, peck
Staraptor- fly, close combat, take down, aerial ace
Scizor- aerial ace, night slash, x-scissor, slash
Lucario- dragon pulse, close combat, aura sphere, flash cannon
Porygon-z- psybeam, signal beam, ice beam, dishcarge

Typhlosion said:
Since your Empoleon concentrates on using physical moves, I suggest Waterfall over Surf. You shouldn't forget that Empoleon has access to useful moves, like Drill Peck and Earthquake, they're good replacements over Peck and Shadow Claw. The same goes to Staraptor, which can take advantage of more powerful moves such as Brave Bird and Double Edge (you can replace Aerial Ace and Take Down for these moves).

Scizor doesn't need Slash as Aerial Ace, Night Slash and X-Scissor are already good attacking moves. A steel-type move like Bullet Punch or Iron Head would be a very good option over Slash, so think about it. Extremespeed on Lucario and Tri-Attack on Porygon-Z are the only decent options to consider. Otheriwse, they're decent.

Overall, it's a well-built in-game team. As for the sixth member, you should choose a HM Slave.

Typhlosion said:
Yeah rapidash was what I was thinking
And I'll get the movesets in a sec
Edit: movesets
Close Combat is a poor move to teach Staraptor. It reduces the Attack and Defense stat. Go with Brave Bird or U-Turn it will allow Staraptor to have a power move or a move to allow to escape a battle agianst a type it is weak agianst.

Dont listen to this weirdo^.

CLose combat is a great move to have on starpator. BUT It needs brave bird > Fly. If you want fly to travel around, catch a wild starly and tewach him it.

But apart from that your team is great for ingame play. Well done. (P.S. Get empoleon Drill Peck over PecK)

Typhlosion said:
yeah I did
thanks for the help
and ill tech it brave bird and u turn

Nice choice. Close Combat was a poor move to use. I was told this by a team rater at psypokes.com. He said Staraport would be more effective with a speed move like Quick Attack.

I'm sorry, but I think that is completely wrong. Close Combat is an excellent move on Staraptor. First of all, it stops Rock and Steel Pokemon from walling Staraptor, being able to hit the two for super effective damage. Secondly, Staraptor doesn't really care about the Def and SDef drop, because it's already a frail Pokemon that's designed not to take hits, but deal out damage. The ideal Staraptor set would be Brave Bird/Return/Close Combat/U-Turn. This allows it to hit most things for neutral damage, and if it still gets walled, you can make an escape with U-Turn.

Yes! Finally...

Anyway, this is ingame, "LegendaryRockMaster" as you name yourself.

As your a master of rock pokemon, you know that they beat staraptor easy, sooo close combat is there to destroy them. For Ingame, you just want strong moves. U-Turn is only there because staraptor doesnt have any other good moves, not because of it's scouting in-game.

Close Combat, as Bacon said, IS useful on Staraptor, In Game or Not.

PMJfan001 said:
Yes! Finally...

Anyway, this is ingame, "LegendaryRockMaster" as you name yourself.

As your a master of rock pokemon, you know that they beat staraptor easy, sooo close combat is there to destroy them. For Ingame, you just want strong moves. U-Turn is only there because staraptor doesnt have any other good moves, not because of it's scouting in-game.

Close Combat, as Bacon said, IS useful on Staraptor, In Game or Not.

I would love to see a Staraptor KO my Tyranitar with Close Combat in a shoddy battle. In a 1 on 1 match. No grudges held. Oh by the way why use return when a speed move would be better with Staraptors massive speed stat.

What is a team you really want?

XXMasterXX said:
What is a team you really want?
{Quoate}My Team

Arceus Lv. 100 Item: Draco Plate

Moves:
Draco Meator
Outrage
Hyper Beam
SolarBeam

Exeggutor Lv.100 Item: Meadow Plate

Moves:
Explosion
SolarBeam
Leaf Storm
Wood Hammer

Ho-Oh Lv.100 Item: Flame Plate

Moves:
Sky Attack
Overheat
SolarBeam
Hyper Beam

Camerupt Lv.100 Item: Flame Plate

Moves:
Overheat
Eruption
Explosion
Fissure

Rhyperior Lv.100 Item: Focus Band

Moves:
Rock Wreaker
Horn Drill
Hyper Beam
Megahorn

Torterra Lv.100 Item: Meadow Plate

Moves:
Frenzy Plant
SolarBeam
Wood Hammer
Leaf Storm
XXMasterXX said:

[/align]My Real Team For The Fifth Pokebeach Tornament

Camerupt Lv.100 No Item Male

Moves:
Overheat
Eruption
Explosion
Fissure

Infernape Lv.100 No Item Male

Moves:
Blast Burn
Overheat
SolarBeam
Close Combat

Abomasnow Lv.100 Item: Rose Incense Female

Moves:
Sheer Cold
Hyper Beam
SolarBeam
Wood Hammer

Victreebel Lv.100 Item: Wise Glasses Female

Moves:
Leaf Storm
Hyper Beam
SolarBeam
Wring Out

Clefable Lv.100 No Item Male

Moves:
Focus Blast
SolarBeam
Blizzard
Metronome

Blissey Lv.100 No Item Female

Moves:
Double-Edge
Focus Blast
SolarBeam
Hyper Beam

Legendary Rock Master......It's a GREAT Move it's 4X Effective!It will KO No matter what really.So stop with your none sence.Literaly you think you can beat anyone.Unless you use certein items it WILL KO.How about i battle you Right now?See who's better?Shoddy or Wi-fi?And PMJfan001 and Bacon are Right.

And another thing. Staraptor has a medium-high speed stat. Which is all the more reason to use a priority. Not to mention that if they were fast they wouldn't need (much) priority.

I believe Starptor overkills on about 80% of all Tyranitars with Close Combat.

But if that be the case, what if you battle a pokemon with a speed move that ko's Staraptor while they both have low health? Easily avoided with a speed attack.

LegendaryRockMaster said:
Nice team. But wouldent Blissey be more effective with Solarbeam? Maybe a Thunderbolt for Gengar because of its high Special Attack. And Shadow Ball for Mr. Mime because Charge Beam has a accuracy of 90 and a power of 50. Shadow Ball 80 power and 100 accuracy. So this might give the team a better edge. Also I would give Mr. Mime Wise Glasses as they boost the power of Special Attacks.

1.For some reason I couldn't remember the name of it the item. Thanks
2.Know that I think about it, but I think I should switch Gengar for Darkrai what move should I have then?

LegendaryRockMaster said:
Nice team. But wouldent Blissey be more effective with Solarbeam? Maybe a Thunderbolt for Gengar because of its high Special Attack. And Shadow Ball for Mr. Mime because Charge Beam has a accuracy of 90 and a power of 50. Shadow Ball 80 power and 100 accuracy. So this might give the team a better edge. Also I would give Mr. Mime Wise Glasses as they boost the power of Special Attacks.

1.I'm an impatient person, so I hate moves that need to charge.
2.Know that I think about it, but I think I should switch Gengar for Darkrai. I would just keep the confuse ray so I have at least some way to keep them from attacking while I try to make it go sleepy-bye again
3.Charge beam is there to raise SP.ATT.
4.For some reason I couldn't remember the name of it the item. Thanks

Back