XY Get the Eon Ticket via StreetPass!

LLR said:
Nintendo tweet this morning:

StreetPass Weekend is back! Swing by a Nintendo Zone w/ your #3DS 11/26-11/30 to meet Miis from across US and Canada!

So how does this work? Where would i find a nintendo zone and how would this allow me "to meet Miis from across US and Canada? And i also have another question for the entire community that i think was just recently asked but ill simultaneously make it at the forefront and get more specific. If i trade on the gts with someone who has streetpass enabled and i have streetpass enabled and they just so happen to have the eon ticket will i get the eon ticket because i traded with them?

Nintendo Zones can be found in various places that offer free Wi-Fi. McDonalds and places pf that nature. Someone might know of a complete list.

So if i go to one and connect to the wifi could i meet with miis over their wifi and if one of them happens to have the eon ticket will i also get it?

I drove from Pagosa Springs, CO to Durango then across the Navajo Reservation (Northern Arizona very rural and isolated area. The NE corner of AZ that looks like there's nothing there.) on 160 into Flagstaff a small town and then into Phoenix.

I stopped in Tuba and Flagstaff and a rest stop North of Phoenix.
My Streetpass picked up 30 people including someone with an Eon Ticket.

My point it may not be as hard as we thought to get it in isolated areas of US.

MegaBeedrill said:
Does your 3ds have to be turned on to pick up on it? (I don't use streetpass often)
I've never used it before either.

All I did was put my DS in sleep mode then put it in my purse.

Oh I think there is some setting that I turned on too.
It may be in the system settings under Data Management.

The Eon ticket is going around Louisiana now. :p I havent gotten it yet but some of my friends say they did so its only a matter of time. I was worried too because LA isnt an extremely Pokemon-friendly state if that makes any sense.

I would like to ask a question about how streetpass works. So if i turn on my 3ds and make sure that in my data management section of the settings i have omega ruby selected to receive data can i just exit out of the settings and turn on wireless communications and close my 3ds without having to start omega ruby and still get the eon ticket through streetpass or do i have to start playing omega ruby then close my 3ds to get the ticket through streetpass? Sorry if that was long-winded and confusion. I can clarify if need be. Thanks for answers!

Shiny Collector said:
I would like to ask a question about how streetpass works. So if i turn on my 3ds and make sure that in my data management section of the settings i have omega ruby selected to receive data can i just exit out of the settings and turn on wireless communications and close my 3ds without having to start omega ruby and still get the eon ticket through streetpass or do i have to start playing omega ruby then close my 3ds to get the ticket through streetpass? Sorry if that was long-winded and confusion. I can clarify if need be. Thanks for answers!

I don't know.
I was pretty far along in Ruby when I put my DS to sleep and received the Eon Ticket.

LLR said:
Shiny Collector said:

I don't know.
I was pretty far along in Ruby when I put my DS to sleep and received the Eon Ticket.

So you were playing the game and then closed the ds and then got the ticket. Hmm so i guess i should just leave it closed with the game on then. Thanks!

Streetpass still works in sleep mode as if you had Nintendo Video it downloads in sleep mode for instance.:)

Anybody in the Virginia Beach, VA area that needs this I have it. MSG me and we can set something up.

I really love the range of streetpass. I often leave the DS in sleep mode on a table by the window, and usually streetpass with someone passing by the house. Today someone walked by with the Eon Ticket.

I'm realtively busy this holiday season, and staying local in the Seattle-area, but I'll have the DS in my purse hoping to spread it around.

Im starting my Game on Christmas morning is there a chance its already in my 3DS from previous street-pass contacts?

The-Kaiser said:
Im starting my Game on Christmas morning is there a chance its already in my 3DS from previous street-pass contacts?

Only if you have already opened your game and enabled Streetpass.

Prince Dedenne said:
The-Kaiser said:

Only if you have already opened your game and enabled Streetpass.

Nope waiting till Christmas day to open =/

Nintendo has announced World StreetPass Holidays December 24 to January 4, for USA, Canada and Europe.

Back