XY Get the Eon Ticket via StreetPass!

I really don't like this way of distrubuting the Eon ticket. i've never streetpassed with someone from my own region.

Yeah exactly. Most of us are basically screwed unless we trade for the Pokemon if someone has it.:)

Europe doesn't get the good stuff as usual. What a surprise...

Seriously, even since the old G/S/C and R/S/E game we've missed out on all the good stuff. What's up with that? :(

For anyone who has trouble with streetpasses, hang out at a nearby college for a few hours, can even just put the 3ds in your backpack. I usually come home from class with a maxed out 10 people everyday

callmekyle11 said:
For anyone who has trouble with streetpasses, hang out at a nearby college for a few hours, can even just put the 3ds in your backpack. I usually come home from class with a maxed out 10 people everyday

The problem is in countries that are lacking in Pokemon fans. Some can even say they might be the only one who plays there. No one in US or England is really sad about it. Those who are mad about this thing are from countries like in the middle east Africa and many more which also feels neglected by Pokemon which consider themselves a worldwide game.

scattered mind said:
callmekyle11 said:

The problem is in countries that are lacking in Pokemon fans. Some can even say they might be the only one who plays there. No one in US or England is really sad about it. Those who are mad about this thing are from countries like in the middle east Africa and many more which also feels neglected by Pokemon which consider themselves a worldwide game.

You're wrong about no one being sad about it.

I know that the disappointment of not being able to get an event.
Ever since I learned the distribution method I've been trying to figure out a way to get it to EVERYONE who wants it.

Everything I've come up with has major disadvantages but not impossible.

I would like to see more ideas to get the Ticket to people than "Oh, this will never work and I'll never get one."

What resources do we have as a community to make it work for all of us?

The internet and snail mail are two I can think of. ..
Come on you want the ticket help come up with a way to get it to you.

LLR said:
scattered mind said:

Ever since I learned the distribution method I've been trying to figure out a way to get it to EVERYONE who wants it.

I would like to see more ideas to get the Ticket to people than "Oh, this will never work and I'll never get one."

How can you help anyone from another country if the only way to pass the ticket is being near the person who has it ? Unless you have no problem to visit me in Israel which would be great :)
I said there is ALMOST no way to get the Eon ticket in some countries that are lacking Pokemon fans.. of course there is 0.0099 % chanses I will be near someone who just got back from US and oh boy is just a Pokemon fan like me plus carries his 3ds but this is so rare so that is why I said there is (again, almost) no way to get it. We are a community and a great one too, but we are also internet community for some of us (maybe most of us) and we can't arrange meeting with others for the basic fact that we need a plane and lot of money to do that.

scattered mind said:
How can you help anyone from another country if the only way to pass the ticket is being near the person who has it ? Unless you have no problem to visit me in Israel which would be great :)
I said there is ALMOST no way to get the Eon ticket in some countries that are lacking Pokemon fans.. of course there is 0.0099 % chanses I will be near someone who just got back from US and oh boy is just a Pokemon fan like me plus carries his 3ds but this is so rare so that is why I said there is (again, almost) no way to get it. We are a community and a great one too, but we are also internet community for some of us (maybe most of us) and we can't arrange meeting with others for the basic fact that we need a plane and lot of money to do that.

First I define the problem differently (and yes I'm more than a little nutty ).

The people are mere carriers and convenient. People could pass on the street all day long and not exchange the Ticket.

It's the DS consoles that need to get together.

Or maybe even just the game cards.

I don't know where the information for the Eon Ticket is stored.

Second if we take your example of someone returning after a visit to the US with the Ticket.
If there was some place for her to safely post Hey Eon Ticket at ZXY from? To ?

Or what happens if I'm visiting your country. ..

I really think that some viable solutions are out there

Thats why I said its almost impossible to get it- You need someone to come from another countrey and have a 3ds in sleep mode. This is not something we can arrange. The only way really to get it is to start a local community site and wait for someone to get the ticket from another country then as you said post that he can spread it.. so there might be a chanse to get it that way but then again.. why not just using wifi and saves people the trouble?

I'm hoping that, at some point, Nintendo has another of their Streetpass Weekends where you can go hang out at a Nintendo Zone location and Streetpass with people in other countries to facilitate this.

I wish this was just a Wi Fi event. I understand that they want people to go and meet up with other trainers, but (like it's been discussed) what about the people who don't know anyone? I'm lucky because I'm in a place where I think I should be able to get one sometime, assuming it spreads like they seem to want it to, but I remember not being able to get events and it's really disappointing. I hope that maybe they'll release it differently for some other countries that don't have as many fans. Or even better, maybe after a certain amount of time it'll be rereleased as a Wi Fi event.

Aside from the potential distribution problems, I'm wondering how this is going to work for those of us who have both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Do both games need to street pass with someone who has it? Or is it saved on the 3DS, but can only be used once?

scattered mind said:
LLR said:

A plane and a lot of money; or work for a company that sends employees on far flung places for business trips, like mine does. My DS is a regular traveler with me, and I would happily do my little bit.

It may not seem like much, but it's something right? I do like the idea, however, of Streetpass Weekends hopefully being a way to pass on tickets.

Im from Slovenia, where there is practically no one playing pokemon.
I drive to stores in Austria for the Gengar/Diancie codes....yet IMO this distribution is cool!

First off, it's not like this event won't last long.
Personally if I don't get it somehow in the next half year, I'll surely get it when I go to the VGC in germany or anything similar.

I can already imagine all the people making groups and fanmade eon-ticket-distribution events on social sites etc, after 1 person gets ahold of the event and returns to their particular "non-pokemon home".

So this is especially cool for the places where pokemon isn't THAT popular, as it makes some of those people interact.

I sure hope that this ticket will be spreaded all around the world. Thanks to the good community Pokemon has with people who are willing to spread it to non Pokemon countries and from the posts here I am feeling much more calm about this idea :)

Those who can't get it in their respective countries can come to the U.S.A. and get the ticket. Plan your trip now so you can get it and spread it like a wildfire across your country or continent.:)

Nintendo tweet this morning:

StreetPass Weekend is back! Swing by a Nintendo Zone w/ your #3DS 11/26-11/30 to meet Miis from across US and Canada!

Just like you get new Super secret base by connecting to the PSS, will you not be able to get the ticket like this too?

To get it, do you just have to go to streetpass and talfk tonrandom people or is their a certain place in the US you have to go to?

I hope i get lucky with this event, i go to a university where practically everyones a Pokemon player, at least one person has to have it.

Quite a few GAME stores are running Eon Ticket distributions via Streetpass in the UK. A relief really seeing as it would have been fairly difficult to obtain otherwise.

Back