General Writing Discussion Thread | Current Topic: NaNoWriMo

RE: Writer's Lounge

"A cloaked figure wanders through the desert, seeking ruins where an ancient treasure sleeps..." I'm trying to integrate that idea into my next chapter of Biohazard because it ties into an event coming up with the next few chapters, but I'm not sure if it's completely necessary.

Matter of personal preferences, but as long as an event has a connection to something 'big', I tend to leave it intact.

I am going to write three intertwining fanfictions on here, but I will start with one at a time.

They will be collectively called "Pokemon Xrossed: Kingdom Hearts".

The title explains that it will be a crossover of my two favorite video game series of all time.

There will be three sides to this story, each involving one of three friends who are both Pokemon Trainers and Keyblade Wielders.

Green Story, focusing on a female named Trava (Russian for grass), who starts out with Torchic and Panpour. She is a gifted mage.

Red Story, focusing on a young man named Ogon (Russian for fire), who starts out with Mudkip and Pansage. He prefers brute strength over magic or speed.

and

Blue Story, focusing on a boy named Vody (Russian for water), who starts out with Treecko and Pansear. His attacks are quick.

The Kingdom Hearts worlds in each story will vary, some will be visited by all three heroes, but some will be version-exclusive.

The heroes are all training under Masters Eraqus, Yen Sid, and Nom E. Kop, to learn the powers of the Keyblade, the difference between Light and Darkness, and how to properly train their Pokemon.

However, Master Xehanort wants to use all of the Legendary Pokemon to conquer all worlds, and rule them with Darkness, and our three heroes have to interrupt their training in an attempt to stop him no matter what.

So what do you guys think?

Which story should I begin first, second, and third?

The type of story is usually left on the hands of the author. Whichever idea appeals to you the most is the one you should go with.

Nevertheless, the first idea appears intriguing.

Something has been bothering me lately. Would it make sense for an elderly Kangaskhan, whose own child is already fully grown, to assume the role of a grandmother-like figure and treat younger Pokemon that aren't related to her like they're her own kin in a PMD fic?

Well, thats what some animals do in real life. Wolves take care of weak or young pups. It makes sense to me. Its nature to look after the young and the innocent.

...That's not the point, CJ.

Apollo, I think I remember reading somewhere - though I don't remember where - that Kangaskhan is supposed to be an elderly aunt-like figure; her Japanese name is Garura-obachan - Garura is Kangaskhan, and -oba(chan) is an honorific meaning 'aunt'. So basically she plays the role of an aunt-like figure for the whole village...not unlike a village elder or something.

So yeah, I can grasp how you might think of it as odd, but that is far from the actual intent. I think this already exists in some Eastern culture, though don't quote me on that.

Actually, that sums up the version of Kangaskhan I'm using to a tee. I just wasn't sure if it would be accurate.

I'm back, so I can work on my fanfic!

I've got something I'd like to run over with you guys. When MR is done, I was wondering if I should do a sequel to it placed in Gen II, or do another story entirely? I had a neat idea for a detective story and stuff.

Thing is, I would prefer only one active fanfic at a time, so I can't do them both at the same time.

Would it make sense for certain Ghost-type Pokemon to lie dormant in an ancient tomb for years, decades, centuries, or even millenia without awakening until someone disturbs them? I'm trying to incorporate that idea into the next few chapters of my Biohazard fic, wherein my main characters encounter creatures that sleep for extended periods of time like that and then suddenly spring back to life.

It makes perfect sense.

Perhaps those creatures were ordered to keep guard of the tomb in case anybody tries to rob their masters grave. Suspended animation is one of the ideal forms of immortality.

Also, one problem that has been botherning me lately is this. Mewthree is supposed to be the stronger form of Mewtwo. What should his main opponent be? I was thinking a Rogastar since both of them can control the aura around them and are excellent fighters.

Also, would it make any sense that Agent Kamara teleported the moment Mewthree vanished, or perhaps she was a duplicate of the original Agent Kamara.

Incinermyn said:
Would it make sense for certain Ghost-type Pokemon to lie dormant in an ancient tomb for years, decades, centuries, or even millenia without awakening until someone disturbs them? I'm trying to incorporate that idea into the next few chapters of my Biohazard fic, wherein my main characters encounter creatures that sleep for extended periods of time like that and then suddenly spring back to life.

Seeing as Spiritomb does just that, I don't see why not.

CJBlazerX87 said:
It makes perfect sense.

Perhaps those creatures were ordered to keep guard of the tomb in case anybody tries to rob their masters grave. Suspended animation is one of the ideal forms of immortality.

Also, one problem that has been botherning me lately is this. Mewthree is supposed to be the stronger form of Mewtwo. What should his main opponent be? I was thinking a Rogastar since both of them can control the aura around them and are excellent fighters.

Also, would it make any sense that Agent Kamara teleported the moment Mewthree vanished, or perhaps she was a duplicate of the original Agent Kamara.

Quick question: What is a Rogastar? Is this a Kingdom Hearts thing?

What about another clone? Someone who is stronger, more insane, more determined for his own needs than all the Mews combined?

On the other notion, all I will say is that anything is possible.

Rogastar is a Fakemon of mine.

*just realized he never finished his guide to the Gildor Region* I should work on that as well.

My new project will be Pokemon - izing Digimon Xros Wars.

By this, I will replace all non-Digixrossed Digimon with Pokemon, and instead of DigiXros, it will be "Poke-Xros", and each Xros will be a mix of each Pokemon involved.

I will give some examples of notable Digimon from the first thirty episodes, and what Pokemon they would be.

Shoutmon = Victini
Ballistamon = Exploud
Dorulumon = shiny Luxray
Starmon = Staryu
Pickmons = Klink
Greymon = blue Krookodile
DarkKnightmon = black Golett PokeXrossed with black Fraxure
MadLeomon = Shadow Entei
OmegaShoutmon = golden Blaziken

Those are some examples. Feel free to critique me if you are a fan of DXW!

First off, explain a little more about Digimon Xros Wars. I'll hazard a guess that it involves Digimon being spliced together, but beyond that I'm not familiar with the series. I only watched the first season or two of the original Digimon anime and then lost interest in it, so I know nothing about anything that came after that. Others may, but when it comes to working with original or crossover ideas into a canon setting, I'm somewhat of a whiz.

Incinermyn said:
First off, explain a little more about Digimon Xros Wars. I'll hazard a guess that it involves Digimon being spliced together, but beyond that I'm not familiar with the series. I only watched the first season or two of the original Digimon anime and then lost interest in it, so I know nothing about anything that came after that. Others may, but when it comes to working with original or crossover ideas into a canon setting, I'm somewhat of a whiz.

It's kinda hard to explain, but...
It's a good series. Watch it on animecrazy.net or something. I highly recommend the Japanese with subs as opposed to the imminent English dub.

They splice, and there's a war, hence the name "Xros Wars".

Can anyone explain to me the basics of character analysis? I'm not very good at building a characters personality, so tips would be appreciated.

Interesting idea for a story, like some feedback

I been trying to write a story about my life for quite some time. It originally started as a Yugioh fan fic and kinda sucked at first (plot wise at least). After a few years I started to come up with a new plot and I feel its incredibly original and has a lot of potential. Here is the general idea that I have.

Story Title: Sentou Telefang

What is Sentou Telefang?

Sentou means Combat. Telefang is an abandoned video game franchise from the early 2000s that was only released in japan. The game's only release in America was under an unofficial name known as "Pokemon Diamond". (which many are familiar with on here) which was just a bad translation of the game and only functioned on emulators. Telefang 2 was also released in Japan in 2002 only and the series was never heard of ever again.
s st
Telefang is basically another RPG monster battler similar to Pokemon, YGO, MTG, and other games out there. There are a few unique things about it such as the monster designs, the types of equipments they have, the battle system, etc. In this story, there are a lot of references to the video games, even though this story differs greatly from the original video games. That is why the story has "Sentou" in front of it's title in order to distinguish itself from the original.

What is Sentou Telefang about?

This story is about how in the year 2020, a Telefang Trading Card Game had been released and changed the world. Telefang surpassed the sales of all other existing card games on the market such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic the Gathering, World of Warcraft, Pokemon, and Duel Masters (decided to leave vanguard out due to the writing of the story came before its release). Telefang had been a very big project for a long time and was also under another game known as "Combat Monsters", which was it's beta. The beta was worked on by many former US government scientists and a lot of money was invested into this game.

What makes Telefang different than other games is how its the most interactive and physical card game there is. The game is almost played like a sport. Players use cell phones (similar to how they are used in the video games) to connect data to their battle belts to allow them to project battles with 3d holograms (similar to YGO but more realistic). As the series goes on, more ways on how to play the game are revealed. The game can be classified as an Action Card Game.

A lot of the series resolves around this new global phenomenon from the point of view of a 16 year old boy skinny white boy named Satoshi Medeki (who isnt Japanese either). He lives in a tropical wealthy city in America known as Radipolitian. The story follows through his childhood up until parts of his adult hood and talks about his daily interactions with people in his life along with the game of Telefang. The series mainly show cases battles involving Satoshi along with his various friends and rivals. There are a lot of other twists sides the card game that are also thrown in along the way.

Telefang also makes many references to a lot of American pop culture and gaming culture. One of my main incentives to writing this story to create something very unique and something that infuses a lot of what makes successful games great into something that is better. The story at times will insist upon itself and at times satire American and TCG culture.

What is the Telefang TCG going to be like?

Telefang's game play is very similar to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG's. It plays without a resource system and with similar rules. There will be a lot more mechanics in the game than Yugioh along with a lot of different types of cards. The similarities in both games mainly lies in the battling system which is similar and the usage of monsters with support cards (Yugioh uses Spell and Traps, Telefang will just combine the 2 into 1 type of card that has multiple sub categories).

The game played in the storyline will not be as complex as the real game. Most people who read this will not want to sit through very long and drawn out battles so the rules of a real game will differ drastically than what is written. The rules in the story are more basic and make it to where players can show off boss monsters and special cards a lot easier.

Back