Gardevoir NXD Play

ashtavakra

Overlord
Gardevoir has an amazing ability, brings me back to Meganium from Neo Genesis. The power has yet to be used in ANY top tier deck and I think it is hard to play a psychic deck with Mewtwos running around. With the new set coming out will there finally be a card that could bring out Gardevoir from Next Destinities? My guess is possibly with Cresselia EX

Cresselia-EX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Sparkling Dust
At any time between turns, heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

[P][C][C][C] Psycho Defender: 90 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, this Pokemon loses its Weakness.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

**************** 2 Energy, & she hits the magic number 90 for 2hko's & no weakness so mewtwo has no power over it. What you guys think?

Gotta agree with that one right there^. Simple logic.

That being said, Gallade from this Plasma set is looking to be a pretty nice partner...

I think I've seen this somewhere before...G+G. Hmm lol.

dmaster out.

Definitally not GardyGallade

If they attack with Mewtwo, you attack back with Mewtwo. Nuff said. Cresselia does Pwn Mewtwo though...

RogueChomp said:
Definitally not GardyGallade

If they attack with Mewtwo, you attack back with Mewtwo. Nuff said. Cresselia does Pwn Mewtwo though...
There's still the fact that Cresselia takes 4 energy to charge. Gardevoir will be ko'd for an easy prize from the opponent's mewtwo, so that takes out your acceleration quick. The moment you can't use Psycho defender every turn in a row, you pretty much lose. That's after the opponent ko's the first cresselia, so Mewtwo pretty much stomps Cresselia.
EDIT: I also think that o0Flint0o meant that a benched Cresselia can be catchered, meaning it still has a weakness to mewtwo.

all in all, nobody knows how the meta will be altered with the coming of these next 2 sets.
things will be different.

ashtavakra said:
Gardevoir has an amazing ability, brings me back to Meganium from Neo Genesis. The power has yet to be used in ANY top tier deck and I think it is hard to play a psychic deck with Mewtwos running around. With the new set coming out will there finally be a card that could bring out Gardevoir from Next Destinities? My guess is possibly with Cresselia EX

Cresselia-EX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Sparkling Dust
At any time between turns, heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

[P][C][C][C] Psycho Defender: 90 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, this Pokemon loses its Weakness.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

**************** 2 Energy, & she hits the magic number 90 for 2hko's & no weakness so mewtwo has no power over it. What you guys think?
Normally a fair point, but you use cards popular in the current meta as arguments as to why we should use Cresselia. Seems to me like you're contradicting yourself.

pokemonjoe said:
Normally a fair point, but you use cards popular in the current meta as arguments as to why we should use Cresselia. Seems to me like you're contradicting yourself.

it's not a contradiction if i believe it will 1hko mewtwo quicker than mewtwo kills it.
belief cannot contradict how the future plays out.

ashtavakra said:
it's not a contradiction if i believe it will 1hko mewtwo quicker than mewtwo kills it.
belief cannot contradict how the future plays out.
It is when I make arguments how in the long run of a game (like 3-5 turns), Mewtwo has the definite advantage and you say that we don't know how the meta will be altered, implying you concede that Mewtwo is better in the long run, and your point against this is Mewtwo might not be popular by the time this card comes out. Normally, yes we wouldn't know, but you are trying to base your reasoning for using Cresselia on the fact that it's better than Mewtwo (which it's not).

Okay. Let's look at this. IF you have Gardevoir up and Cresselia has attacked the previous turn and the opponent doesn't have a catcher, you win the prize trade against Mewtwo. Whoopdie do. Mewtwo is not that bad any more because of one card; coincidentally the exact same card that wrecks Cresselia: Darkrai. Wins the prize trade no matter how you look at it, can abuse Hydreigon+Max Potion to make the matchup even more one sided, and even snipes; 110 hp is terrible and a single snipe+catcher kills Gardevoir, not like they'd even need to kill it because anything it charges up is losing the prize trade against Darkrai anyway.

Dark Void said:
Okay. Let's look at this. IF you have Gardevoir up and Cresselia has attacked the previous turn and the opponent doesn't have a catcher, you win the prize trade against Mewtwo. Whoopdie do. Mewtwo is not that bad any more because of one card; coincidentally the exact same card that wrecks Cresselia: Darkrai. Wins the prize trade no matter how you look at it, can abuse Hydreigon+Max Potion to make the matchup even more one sided, and even snipes; 110 hp is terrible and a single snipe+catcher kills Gardevoir, not like they'd even need to kill it because anything it charges up is losing the prize trade against Darkrai anyway.

hydr / darkrai isn't in the meta in st louis (where i play)
that deck is irrelevant

Darkrai/Hydreigon took 2nd and 4th in Masters in Eureka, MO. 1st was Terrakion/Mewtwo and 3rd was Darkrai/Mewtwo/Terrakion. Most of St. Louis is still eels, though.

I think it is very important that Gardellade comes back.
Haha even though the new Gardevoir/ Gallade combo is pretty much exactly the same thing as the old Sceptile GE/ Sceptile AR combo, which had it's flaws. It's not necessarily beneficial having both mons evolve from the same guy, it kinda just makes it harder to recover once one is knocked out. That deck would need to run Rescue Scarf. Oh also Gallade's second attack is pretty balling must play hoops all the time.

I'd play it tho I love sceptile gardevoir
✌☹✌

I think it will be more of a fun deck than anything. We do see Mewtwo around, and those will take advantage of your own Ability when you have a lot more Energy attached than you really do. Gallade is an interesting card, but having to set up two Stage 2s is slow.

Gardevoir NXD definetly has serious potential. I personally think it'll work wonders with Gothitelle's Magic Room. Of course, as Serperior said, needing TWO Stage 2 Pokemon is usually too slow for today's Meta, but I think if you've got your own EX to protect Gothita and Ralts, and multiple of each evolving Basic, it can really work.

Practically you'll want to evolve Gothita first to gain that Magic Room! Then your opponent can't Catcher Ralts, and you evolve into Gardevoir to pile on some more damage with Mad Kinesis! Of course they
ARE both weak to Mewtwo, which is certainly something to be said against it...

Gardevoir/Gallade will be fast than normal 2 stage 2 decks, because they run off the same basic, so four rare candy, 2 Gardevoir, 2 Gallade maybe?

Emopanda133 said:
Gardevoir/Gallade will be fast than normal 2 stage 2 decks, because they run off the same basic, so four rare candy, 2 Gardevoir, 2 Gallade maybe?

Also harder to recover. Even if you have Rescue Scarf, Tool Scrapper will probably be played quite a bit. And Gardevoir is very fragile. If you KO him, Gallade loses half of it's power, and it's not easy to set him up again multiple times.

Back