Future Metagame Speculation Thread

RE: Future Metagame Speculation

PellOfTheTundra said:
I actually asked on Gym about it and was told the ruling is exactly the same as Shedinja.
O.O

That's what it most likely will be, yes.

King Arceus said:
Official answers cannot be given since the card isn't officially out yet.

Re: RE: Future Metagame Speculation

Mora said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
I actually asked on Gym about it and was told the ruling is exactly the same as Shedinja.
O.O

That's what it most likely will be, yes.

King Arceus said:
Official answers cannot be given since the card isn't officially out yet.

I have shamed my family.

:(

I am going to take a massive guess here and say that since there was a ruling about a similar power in the past stating that the pokemon would be an unevolved stage 2, the ruling isn't going to change, but I could be wrong and have been known to be from time to time.

PellOfTheTundra said:
I am going to take a massive guess here and say that since there was a ruling about a similar power in the past stating that the pokemon would be an unevolved stage 2, the ruling isn't going to change, but I could be wrong and have been known to be from time to time.

SheNinja said:
So by the current translation, it will be unevolved?

Most likely. But of course they could do something stupid. I haven't ruled that option out with them.

Mora said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

SheNinja said:
So by the current translation, it will be unevolved?

Most likely. But of course they could do something stupid. I haven't ruled that option out with them.

They could do something dumb with the translation. Notice this is the same company that made Ghetsis (NOT FULL ART) a rare.

There used to be a ruling you couldn't use Hurricane if you didn't have a Benched Pokemon to move the energy to (which was stupid), so yeah, rulings can change and/or be stupid.

Back to Cradily, I think that it could be good... if it's not the main focus of the deck. It needs things like Mewtwo/Tornadus to hold the field until you get Cradily out. Maybe Scramble Switch into Cradily to attack. Get out some Stage 2's including Klinklang/Hydreigon (probably Hydreigon). Next turn move all of the energies off. It could be interesting, but I'm not counting on it being meta.

Mora said:
Back to Cradily, I think that it could be good... if it's not the main focus of the deck. It needs things like Mewtwo/Tornadus to hold the field until you get Cradily out. Maybe Scramble Switch into Cradily to attack. Get out some Stage 2's including Klinklang/Hydreigon (probably Hydreigon). Next turn move all of the energies off. It could be interesting, but I'm not counting on it being meta.

Maybe Tier 2.5? Seems either that or lower than "Tier Reshiboar." (6P. Hope this isn't advertisement...)

SheNinja said:
Mora said:

Maybe Tier 2.5? Seems either that or lower than "Tier Reshiboar." (6P. Hope this isn't advertisement...)

That is my favorite tier. It is composed entirely of Reshiboar and Kyureboar ;)

I think we'll definitely see quite a bit of Big Basics, but with more of a focus on Bouffalant. Bouffalant's math works perfectly with Bangle, because with HypnoBank and Bangle you hit for 180. Also, Empoleon/Magnezone/Cradily is just scary. Empoleon/Magnezone works pretty well now, but with Cradily, that's really frightening.

Puff-Sun said:
I think we'll definitely see quite a bit of Big Basics, but with more of a focus on Bouffalant. Bouffalant's math works perfectly with Bangle, because with HypnoBank and Bangle you hit for 180. Also, Empoleon/Magnezone/Cradily is just scary. Empoleon/Magnezone works pretty well now, but with Cradily, that's really frightening.
no.

PEW PEW and Basics IS the meta. Seriously, the only stage 2 decks are Blastoise and Klinklang, Klang is not that great, and I seriously think that Blastoise is WAY too overrated.

Oh:D N00BS!!

Anyways, it does seem like the meta currently. That and Blastoise/Keldeo. Maybe some Garbodor if that is popular then.

Slowbro said:
Puff-Sun said:
no.

Here's where we have to remember that there's a difference between working and being competititive. Reshiboar and Gartaria work, but they're not competititive. Empoleon/Magnezone is the same way.

People are going to aim for donking with this deck. Get 4 Deoxys EX out and thunder knuckle for 70. Sabeleye isn't safe anymore ...

Alternatively you can substitute 1 Deoxys for an HTL or three of them for HTL and Virbank. Its certainly a possibility.

Back