Funniest Things About the Pokémon Games

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tell everyone on PokéBeach what you find strange but funny about the Pokémon games!

Here's an example:
I love how you can enter anybody's house at any time of day...and nobody minds

Here are the rules...

Post only one thing at a time, you can't post until at least one other person replies, and please keep it PG13 :)

Let's have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, in many cultures, particularly Asia, it is culturally accepted to enter someone's house without warning; people are generally quite hospitable. We can always assume that characters knock to get in, too.

Anyways, I don't really play the game much, so I can't really think of anything particularly funny in the games, aside from Nurse Joy hoping to see you at the Pokemon Center again.

It's kinda like saying

"I hope your pets get injured so I can get payed!"

I found that funny too

I like to think that each Trainer Class is like its own Pokémon, while some classes evolve (Bug Catcher -> Bug Maniac) others stay the same (Bird Keeper).

I like to think that each Trainer Class is like its own Pokémon, while some classes evolve (Bug Catcher -> Bug Maniac) others stay the same (Bird Keeper).
Preschooler -> School Kid -> Rising Star -> Ace Trainer -> Veteran!

I think the whole concept of an old scientist (Oak) giving a susposedly 10 year old kid a fire breathing lizard is funny enough.

Consider the idea these kids aren't even in middle school and they already are playing with living matches that never run out. That's like buying a 10 year old a katana for christmas, and then kicking them out of the house.

I love how your mom lets you keep a weird animal you got from a stranger, and then she allows you to leave the house on a god-knows-how-long journey at the request of said stranger, all this while you're ten years old.

I also find it kinda silly that when you defeat one of the evil team's grunts, they all go like 'OMG this kid beat my Pokémon I must be at least 10 years older than him but I'm helpless D: Better let him reach the boss.'

I also find it kinda silly that when you defeat one of the evil team's grunts, they all go like 'OMG this kid beat my Pokémon I must be at least 10 years older than him but I'm helpless D: Better let him reach the boss.'
This is one of the biggest reasons why everyone loves the GameCube games. At the start of XD, Cipher kidnaps Prof. Krane by force and not through using Pokemon, and they actual knock out the trainers stood by the entrance of the building with their fists (off-camera) which just makes them the best villainous team. Except for maybe Team Snagem, where an ex-member uses a bomb in Colosseum and whose admins puts the protagonist to sleep by using Sleep Powder directly on them in XD.

Personally I think it's maybe not funny, but at least interesting that all of the fossil Pokemon are Rock-Type. Does that mean that they aren't actually their original Pokemon excavated but instead a modified version of a different species which has somehow merged with the rock of the fossil? Though that said, certain lines are closely connected with their Rock-Type, such as the Kabuto line and Anorith line, so if they can be fully restored, why can't the others? It might mean that Rock-Type Pokemon have biological flaws meaning it's harder for those Pokemon to survive, which is a little sad if you think about it.

I'm thinking of making a topic where we treat Trainers like Pokémon and predict their evolutions.
You really should.

Also, I love how there's these RAMPAGING LEGENDARIES DESTROYING THE REGION that can be caught in a ball roughly the side of your hand.

Personally I think it's maybe not funny, but at least interesting that all of the fossil Pokemon are Rock-Type. Does that mean that they aren't actually their original Pokemon excavated but instead a modified version of a different species which has somehow merged with the rock of the fossil? Though that said, certain lines are closely connected with their Rock-Type, such as the Kabuto line and Anorith line, so if they can be fully restored, why can't the others? It might mean that Rock-Type Pokemon have biological flaws meaning it's harder for those Pokemon to survive, which is a little sad if you think about it.

They're Rock Type, because Rock is one of the oldest Types. Mew probably made a load of rock types first, as they're easier to make than Electric or Ghost Types.

It might mean that Rock-Type Pokemon have biological flaws meaning it's harder for those Pokemon to survive, which is a little sad if you think about it.
Maybe they form fossils more easily? Imagine there's a lab in the next gen that revive ancient grass type Pokemon from coal :p

All Fossil Pokémon are a mix of Rock and Bug/Water/Steel/Grass/Flying/Ice/Dragon. This indicates that those types are easier to make than others.

Omanyte and Kabuto were around about 300 million years ago.
Lileep, Anorith, Cranidos, Shieldon, Tirtouga, Archen and Amaura were around about 100 million years ago.

It's unknown how long ago Aerodactyl and Tyrunt were around, as Aerodactyl was around when dinosaurs roamed the planet (unlike Omanyte and Kabuto) and Tyrunt was found in a separate location to Amaura. They could both possibly have been around about 100 million years ago, but it's unknown.

The DNA of Rock-types more easily survives the fossilisation and preserves better than that of other types.
For some reason it irritates me when people think fossil Pokemon aren't legit Rock-types and only had that type slapped onto them. But this discussion is completely off-topic from being funny.

Despite there not being one, a Normal/Ghost type is pretty much just a superior Ghost Type, as it gains an immunity, plus gets STAB Normal Type Moves.

I think its funny that professor oak is real crazy: Hey, are you 10? Uhhhhh yes. Here's a animal that can breath fire!

It's funny that Volcanion's official artwork is so much darker and cooling looking than it's in-game model...

Back