Forum being thrown away? Wha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember way back when WPM told us about him getting into filming school?

Well, September is coming up, meaning that WPM will be going to University. And if there is one thing you need to know about University students, its that they don't have much for money. Once he told everyone about this, no one was really sure about the future, not even WPM himself.

Going to film school is WPM's dream (I think), and you should always follow your dreams. Doing so may mean that PokeBeach doesn't exist anymore. I know some will think its crazy, but we'll all be fine. If WPM needs to shut down these forums so that he can go to school, we should applaud him for making a difficult decision. Who knows, maybe we'll see his name in the credits of some awesome Pokemon movie!

This website has been fantastic over the past 5 years, even if I was only a member for a few of them.

Phase Moltres was to blow up the forums in a large inferno. I GET IT!!

Rock Wrecker said:
Looks like the forums are blowing up. How did I miss this? Are we going to be thrown away with the forums? I always wondered what it would be like to be trash. So thank you WPM now I have wasted part of my life on something that is being thrown away =P

I find this post somewhat offensive.

You shaped the Forum into what it has become today. Everybody on the Forum has. Isn't that good enough? WPM has made this as a community Forum, allowing anybody to join. I don't like it that people are inconsiderate towards people that need to make tough choices just because they're slightly selfish. It was WPM's own choice to make a Forum, so you should really be more thankful IMO.

dmaster out.

Rock Wrecker said:
Looks like the forums are blowing up. How did I miss this? Are we going to be thrown away with the forums? I always wondered what it would be like to be trash. So thank you WPM now I have wasted part of my life on something that is being thrown away =P

The mods have let me in on what's going to happen. Here is a demonstration of what WPM plans on doing to the forums:
imager.php

WPM is pretty hilarious.

You know what else is hilarious? The OP of this thread.

what said:
Up by the search button. I dunno about you's, but I dun wants to lose the connection with that Charizard girl. She might, you know, randomly become single! Or something.
Oh yeah, I don't want my chance with that Charizard girl to be ruined! Wat?

I like Bippa's post. If it's not a joke, Oh well, I'll just switch to Smogon. The only thing I'll really care about losing is my post count.
And PMJ.

Alright, I'm confused to say the least, but I have a few things to say.

First of all, I tried to read this whole thread. You guys went off-topic real fast and I got a little sick of reading everyones inside jokes, so I skipped a large chunk of the thread. Because of that, if anything I happen to say is inaccurate, it really isn't my fault.

Okay, from what I gathered, WaterPokemonMaster is going to college and will possibly/probably close down Pokebeach, which obviously includes shutting down the forums. Also, all we have to go off are a few moderators and a really vague sentence that magically showed up on the top of the forums and a single post that basically says nothing except that none of the forumers, barring moderators, know whats going on and that we'll eventually have some idea.

Here's my take:
I really wish he would just tell us whats going on. I understand that whatever has apparently happened may be a huge and personal deal, and thats fine. However, giving no explanation whatsoever about why the forums are going down is irresponsible in my opinion. Yes, I know, he is the head honcho here, however that doesn't mean he doesn't have a responsibility to tell us whats happening or at least wait until he actually does take action. Getting a bunch of people in a panicked frenzy (yes, people are really upset) over something that may actually be good for him is not responsible leadership. I really wish he would have waited until whatever happens actually happens.

Anyway, if this is good for him, good. He's done a great job with the forums. I'm sad to see them go and also sad that we don't know anything about this. I hope he makes the right decision for not only him but for us as well.

Thanks for listening,
BlueEyedSteelix

BlueEyedSteelix said:
Alright, I'm confused to say the least, but I have a few things to say.

First of all, I tried to read this whole thread. You guys went off-topic real fast and I got a little sick of reading everyones inside jokes, so I skipped a large chunk of the thread. Because of that, if anything I happen to say is inaccurate, it really isn't my fault.

Okay, from what I gathered, WaterPokemonMaster is going to college and will possibly/probably close down Pokebeach, which obviously includes shutting down the forums. Also, all we have to go off are a few moderators and a really vague sentence that magically showed up on the top of the forums and a single post that basically says nothing except that none of the forumers, barring moderators, know whats going on and that we'll eventually have some idea.

Here's my take:
I really wish he would just tell us whats going on. I understand that whatever has apparently happened may be a huge and personal deal, and thats fine. However, giving no explanation whatsoever about why the forums are going down is irresponsible in my opinion. Yes, I know, he is the head honcho here, however that doesn't mean he doesn't have a responsibility to tell us whats happening or at least wait until he actually does take action. Getting a bunch of people in a panicked frenzy (yes, people are really upset) over something that may actually be good for him is not responsible leadership. I really wish he would have waited until whatever happens actually happens.

Anyway, if this is good for him, good. He's done a great job with the forums. I'm sad to see them go and also sad that we don't know anything about this. I hope he makes the right decision for not only him but for us as well.

Thanks for listening,
BlueEyedSteelix

Your right i know this isn't a joke! People keep thinking this is another one of WPM's pranks, but its NOT!

dmaster said:
Rock Wrecker said:

I find this post somewhat offensive.

You shaped the Forum into what it has become today. Everybody on the Forum has. Isn't that good enough? WPM has made this as a community Forum, allowing anybody to join. I don't like it that people are inconsiderate towards people that need to make tough choices just because they're slightly selfish. It was WPM's own choice to make a Forum, so you should really be more thankful IMO.

dmaster out.

Well u actually can't blame them because from what i heard WPM planned many pranks in the past making people believe that this is just another.

There should be a post from WPM about how it's going to end. Some questions may be asked:

Is this a joke? Because I'm not laughing.
When will the forums be deleted?
Will my profile be deleted forever?
Will I get banned? (Well, it's not likely to be asked.)
Will the entire site be deleted? Forever?

Anyway, these questions will probably be asked by new members. My post is being deleted...

Bippa201 said:
Remember way back when WPM told us about him getting into filming school?

Well, September is coming up, meaning that WPM will be going to University. And if there is one thing you need to know about University students, its that they don't have much for money. Once he told everyone about this, no one was really sure about the future, not even WPM himself.

Going to film school is WPM's dream (I think), and you should always follow your dreams. Doing so may mean that PokeBeach doesn't exist anymore. I know some will think its crazy, but we'll all be fine. If WPM needs to shut down these forums so that he can go to school, we should applaud him for making a difficult decision. Who knows, maybe we'll see his name in the credits of some awesome Pokemon movie!

This website has been fantastic over the past 5 years, even if I was only a member for a few of them.

Phase Moltres was to blow up the forums in a large inferno. I GET IT!!

What I don't get is why WPM doesn't want someone else here who he trusts to run these forums for him while he goes out to seek his own dreams. Is there really a problem with that unless money is going to be a big issue for keeping the site and forums open?

How am I going to contact my friends who I PM every now and then here on PokeBeach? I know that's less important but I just don't want to see him unleash this kind of burden on us just so he can satisy whatever he needs to which I understand.

I really don't want to go transfer over to Serebii.net (I already have) however they don't have as much of a heavy emphasis on the Pokemon TCG like PokeBeach does and PokeBeach IMO is a much better forum than PokeGym and alot of times I can't even post on PokeGym cause of blacklisting shenanigans.

WPM If you're going to delete these forums, then you're ruining a good thing for the Pokemon Community even If it's not much. I really don't like the idea of having to communicate via e-mail without PokeBeach with my friends on here especially when I don't even have an account on Facebook or Twitter though I prefer Facebook.

Where are we going to get our Pokemon News from Japan before it hits our shores in the U.S.? Serebii? Where are we going to get scans of cards over on PokeGym? What I'm saying is that you have a great thing going here WPM don't ruin it for the rest of us when there's hardly any good Pokemon fansites just like this one at least have someone you trust take over your Administrator job for you while you go about your life.

I am praying for this to be a prank... If this is real, I guess we all knew this was coming one day for as the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end"

Its been a good 1 month for me on the Beach. I joined/created a Fakemon thread and was about to start a trading thread, oh well, that's life. :)
If this really happens, farewell.

BEnB

Kevin Garrett said:
Another thought was that if we slow played this so that members in the US would say, "It's not April Fool's yet," and they started to feed into it, then it might also be very successful.
People should be more observant and look for the small details. Not just the obvious ones.

If WPM has somebody take over PokeBeach for him that he trusts with responsibility then he won't have to shutdown PokeBeach, I don't understand what the problem is with that.

slickmario said:
Kevin Garrett said:
Another thought was that if we slow played this so that members in the US would say, "It's not April Fool's yet," and they started to feed into it, then it might also be very successful.

Stop trying to start something its just stupid....

Wow, I go away for a bit and this gets all serious and stuff.

I think it's great for WPM to go off to Filming Skool to follow his dreams, I think that's great. But while you are gone, as said before, why can't you temporarily leave it in the hands of Dmaster or Xous or me or someone else you trust. This place is amazing, I don't want it to go. There are great card scans and newsfeed. I even spend most of my free time on here. I have no clue what I would do if this closed, but it's your descision truely, and I respect that.

And if this is all a joke, then it was a very good one, but not a very nice one.

Robot3300 said:
Wow, I go away for a bit and this gets all serious and stuff.

I think it's great for WPM to go off to Filming Skool to follow his dreams, I think that's great. But while you are gone, as said before, why can't you temporarily leave it in the hands of Dmaster or Xous or me or someone else you trust. This place is amazing, I don't want it to go. There are great card scans and newsfeed. I even spend most of my free time on here. I have no clue what I would do if this closed, but it's your descision truely, and I respect that.

And if this is all a joke, then it was a very good one, but not a very nice one.

If this was a joke, that would be mean, not funny...

I know but still it's just as bad If this wasn't a joke. I guess we'll have to wait before WPM spills the beans on this before things get too out of hand. You can only take a joke for so long until you start to wonder If they are really pulling your leg or not.

Nobody is saying anything on that regard and it's getting very annoying. We have all this nonsense going
on in this thread and yet so far Robot3300 besides myself have enough common sense to realize that this
prank (if it is) has gone a bit too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back