Forum being thrown away? Wha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Card Slinger J said:
What I don't get is why WPM doesn't want someone else here who he trusts to run these forums for him while he goes out to seek his own dreams. Is there really a problem with that unless money is going to be a big issue for keeping the site and forums open?

As said before, if WPM has to leave, the site and forums go with him. Not much we can do.

Card Slinger J said:
How am I going to contact my friends who I PM every now and then here on PokeBeach? I know that's less important but I just don't want to see him unleash this kind of burden on us just so he can satisy whatever he needs to which I understand.

I really don't want to go transfer over to Serebii.net (I already have) however they don't have as much of a heavy emphasis on the Pokemon TCG like PokeBeach does and PokeBeach IMO is a much better forum than PokeGym and alot of times I can't even post on PokeGym cause of blacklisting shenanigans.

WPM If you're going to delete these forums, then you're ruining a good thing for the Pokemon Community even If it's not much. I really don't like the idea of having to communicate via e-mail without PokeBeach with my friends on here especially when I don't even have an account on Facebook or Twitter though I prefer Facebook.

Where are we going to get our Pokemon News from Japan before it hits our shores in the U.S.? Serebii? Where are we going to get scans of cards over on PokeGym? What I'm saying is that you have a great thing going here WPM don't ruin it for the rest of us when there's hardly any good Pokemon fansites just like this one at least have someone you trust take over your Administrator job for you while you go about your life.
You're sounding really selfish. There are other ways to communicate, like through e-mail, MSN, AIM. Were you still alive, and perfectly satisifed with your life before you came to this site? If so, then if we all have to go, then you'll still be perfectly fine with your life.

WPM has done a TREMENDOUS amount of things for this site, like flying to Japan to summarize a Pokemon movie for us, importing Japanese games and playing them just for us, compiling a list of card translations (with images) before any other site gets them just for us. There's more as well. The point is, he's done a lot for PokeBeach. Why is it suddenly unacceptable for him to put himself first?

(I'm really hoping I didn't offend anyone with this; was not my intention. My apologies if I did.)

pokemon99 said:
I don't see why that isn't made into the default...

It may not apply nearly as much as it did before, but some have slow connections (read: dial-up). Fridge is (used to be?) one of these people, and he always (used to?) use 10 posts per page.

Of course, having a default won't matter now.

Bippa201 said:
Card Slinger J said:
What I don't get is why WPM doesn't want someone else here who he trusts to run these forums for him while he goes out to seek his own dreams. Is there really a problem with that unless money is going to be a big issue for keeping the site and forums open?

As said before, if WPM has to leave, the site and forums go with him. Not much we can do.

Card Slinger J said:
How am I going to contact my friends who I PM every now and then here on PokeBeach? I know that's less important but I just don't want to see him unleash this kind of burden on us just so he can satisy whatever he needs to which I understand.

I really don't want to go transfer over to Serebii.net (I already have) however they don't have as much of a heavy emphasis on the Pokemon TCG like PokeBeach does and PokeBeach IMO is a much better forum than PokeGym and alot of times I can't even post on PokeGym cause of blacklisting shenanigans.

WPM If you're going to delete these forums, then you're ruining a good thing for the Pokemon Community even If it's not much. I really don't like the idea of having to communicate via e-mail without PokeBeach with my friends on here especially when I don't even have an account on Facebook or Twitter though I prefer Facebook.

Where are we going to get our Pokemon News from Japan before it hits our shores in the U.S.? Serebii? Where are we going to get scans of cards over on PokeGym? What I'm saying is that you have a great thing going here WPM don't ruin it for the rest of us when there's hardly any good Pokemon fansites just like this one at least have someone you trust take over your Administrator job for you while you go about your life.
You're sounding really selfish. There are other ways to communicate, like through e-mail, MSN, AIM. Were you still alive, and perfectly satisifed with your life before you came to this site? If so, then if we all have to go, then you'll still be perfectly fine with your life.

WPM has done a TREMENDOUS amount of things for this site, like flying to Japan to summarize a Pokemon movie for us, importing Japanese games and playing them just for us, compiling a list of card translations (with images) before any other site gets them just for us. There's more as well. The point is, he's done a lot for PokeBeach. Why is it suddenly unacceptable for him to put himself first?

(I'm really hoping I didn't offend anyone with this; was not my intention. My apologies if I did.)
You just took the words right out of my mouth. Excellent way you put it.

Bippa201 said:
Card Slinger J said:

Card Slinger J said:

It's not unacceptable for him to put himself first it's just that I don't understand why he can't let someone else he trusts to take over the site for him instead of shutting it down is that such a hard question to answer Bippa201? It saves trouble for everyone who enjoys going here anyway. I don't understand why you guys are against me on this especially slickmario.

Is money really going to be an issue to keep this site open If someone else he trusts takes over for him? I'd really like to know on that regard and like you I'm not trying to be intentionally selfish it's just that I don't have access to AIM and e-mails take such a long time to communicate compared to PM's.

This site is much better than PokeGym cause I can actually post here and we get stuff here that the Gym doesn't, is there any other Pokemon fansites as good as PokeBeach? Well there's Serebii.net like I said earlier however there's not very many and some sites don't have near the kind of dedication as this one does and I do appreciate everything WPM has done for this site so far.

If you don't think I'm telling the truth then you don't know me very well cause I'm an honest person despite having a bad sense of humor. It runs in the family so it's more of a curse than a blessing which I don't consider it to be a blessing at all.

Sheer Force said:
Robot3300 said:
Wow, I go away for a bit and this gets all serious and stuff.

I think it's great for WPM to go off to Filming Skool to follow his dreams, I think that's great. But while you are gone, as said before, why can't you temporarily leave it in the hands of Dmaster or Xous or me or someone else you trust. This place is amazing, I don't want it to go. There are great card scans and newsfeed. I even spend most of my free time on here. I have no clue what I would do if this closed, but it's your descision truely, and I respect that.

And if this is all a joke, then it was a very good one, but not a very nice one.

If this was a joke, that would be mean, not funny...

no...it would be hilarious at how people just flipped and super sized there text XD

its a joke think about this. when WPM said that it might possibly be closed he told all of us. if he was gonna close the whole place down i would think that he would actually tell us like...make a big announcement

finally someone with some sense comes on. why wouldnt he pass it to someone else? it makes no sense why he wouldnt pass it to DE or PMJ or dmaster or WHO EVER. he sees how popular and awesome this place is, why would he just destroy it? im not saying that he shouldnt go do his film school, that is awesome but he has people to help, people that have helped him the whole time that could run it just has it has the whole time. come one people just stop flippin, its a joke and even if its not...who cares it frees up your summer :p

That's the sad part, nobody is even saying as to whether or not PokeBeach can still be ran under someone WPM trusts plus it also costs money to keep the site going so anyone who takes it over will have to pay the bills and they might not be able to.

I believe it can still be ran by someone else that WPM trusts it's just that either the Mods are being forced to keep quiet about the whole thing, building up too much suspense on this bad joke, or we will never find the truth behind all of this and WPM deletes the site completely.

If WPM really is closing the site down then why is he telling us by riddle on the Search engine of these forums instead of I dunno posting on the Main Page. He did post something similiar to that awhile back on the Main Page but it wasn't a confirmation. The article is here:

http://pokebeach.com/2011/03/a-note-on-the-future

^thanks for finding that. see...major REAL announcements would be on the front page and not near the search option >_>

Well he didn't want the place in an uproar probably.
Yeah that failed kinda.

Idk you guys are taking it better than predicted.

Sheer Force said:
slickmario said:
Oh that was just a joke :p

Here we go.

* slickmario waits for someone to catch on to what he is trying to say.

Are u serious... Don't u get this is real...?

Nope. We don't. Cause it most likely isn't. I think your acting a bit 'Extreme' (See wut i did thar)

If this is real, then someone should explain the contridictions.

1. WPM said he told all of his mods, but the mods say WPM didn't tell them anything.
2. WPM said something big happened in his life yesterday. Film School has been planned out for a while.
3. Sheer Force is probably a banned dude that made another account

safariblade said:
Yeah that failed kinda.

no...it failed all the way lol

have you seen LPG and sheer forces posts ROFL total anger switch flipped lol

edit: HL...what is something ELSE happened.....not just film school. WHAT IF HIS HOUSE EXPLODED AND JUST HIS COMP AND WIFI ONLY SURVIVED....GASP

What you guys were in on it? (epic facepalm)

As for the house exploding part, well I kinda find
that hard to believe but I wouldn't rule out that possibility I guess.

no im not in on it....im just you friendly neighborhood catutie...

and that was a joke....

safariblade said:
Yeah that failed kinda.

Yeah, I bet you mods were expecting "OHMIGOODNESS!! Pokebeach is closing! :(:(:(:(, or something like that.
Sounds like Safari knows whats going on. So the mods might know.

HypnoticLuxray said:
2. WPM said something big happened in his life yesterday. Film School has been planned out for a while.
I don't have anything to say about the other two. But perhaps WPM made his decision about what to do, that decision being "something big" yesterday.

In the event that this is just a joke, can this go into Amazing Threads?

HypnoticLuxray said:
3. Sheer Force is probably a banned dude that made another account

...OSHAWOTTFAN >:O

But well, If the site really closes down, then at least I will be gald that WPM makes his dreams come true. :D
Hmm, but really, if WPM leaves then someone should take care of the forums.

Back to Serebii.net I guess?

Don't get me wrong I love and appreciate everything PokeBeach
has done but If you got a Plan B then why not go for it?

WPM best of luck to you in the future and God Bless...

You guys, I know what this is. It's a surprise modding. Some old member came back and WPM modded him. His name is gullible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back