Votes: 49 79.0%
  • i see his point but it is an alright card

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • i agree with him fuly that luxray lvx is awful

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters

samhink1

This is the ultimate showdown.
i just want to know why when i got to league everyone is always talking about how rare and valuable and good luxray is. There is only one thing i can find besides its terrible HP for a lvx its decent attacks and the one good thing it disrups you oppenent ONCE!!!!!! for real luxray for real. and when i look it up online to see how muck it cost 80 bucks. FOR REAL LUXRAY FOR REAL
if you have comments please post about anthing else you have to say about this awful lvx card good or bad

Have you forgotten that is has the cyrus engine: Cyrus conspiracy, energy gain, power spray, sp radar, and poketurn to help it. Poketurn allows a 2-2 line of luxray GL X to be used 6 times in a game, which can potentially be the 6 prizes. One of the best cards I have ever seen, since it is pretty much a gust of wind.

Luxray GL X gives you a free Gust of Wind. It has a decent 60-for-1 attack and benefits from cyrus engine. It can be reused with Poketurn and is just amazing. The HP is very good for a Basic X. If you think it is so awful, go tell the players who played at worlds. It has won twice in masters thus far (only having been out for 2 worlds runs). Clearly it is not as bad as you think

Its been in every worlds winning deck in every division since it came out. Speedrill, Luxray toolbox twice, luxchomp twice and I think it was in the girls jumpluff.

minimidget94 said:
Its been in every worlds winning deck in every division since it came out. Speedrill, Luxray toolbox twice, luxchomp twice and I think it was in the girls jumpluff.

No she used pluspowers and super scoop ups instead of luxray GL X I think.

Wish we could have some threads that arnt about luxury for one. It's so popular because there's so many kids that are like 'ah your decks rubbish luxchomp beats this' 'luxchomps faster' and iv even been asked 'why do you bother playing a different deck? Luxray beats everything anyway'.

Sure it's a very good card, but it's severely overhyped and so severely overpriced

PikachuMatrix said:
Sure it's a very good card, but it's severely overhyped and so severely overpriced

Its not overhyped nor overpriced - Luxray is just THAT good. However, Luxray is not a perfect card, that has to be said.
Most people who don't think it's good don't have one. You have to see it to believe it, really.

I agree with PikachuMatrix. It's too hyped, and it's not a god card. Wait until we get Gust of Wind back (hey, we might). Luxray GL Lv. X may not be too poplular then.

Lou Cypher said:
Its not overhyped nor overpriced - Luxray is just THAT good. However, Luxray is not a perfect card, that has to be said.
Most people who don't think it's good don't have one. You have to see it to believe it, really.

I have two but use neither of them in my deck. Yes it's a good card, but it's been blown out proportion too much. Furthermore it's not the actual card that has such potential in games, it's more the trainers that support it and allow such a quick setup.

PikachewTofu said:
I agree with PikachuMatrix. It's too hyped, and it's not a god card. Wait until we get Gust of Wind back (hey, we might). Luxray GL Lv. X may not be too poplular then.

it would still be a very used card, especially considering that the format is skewing away from heavy trainer usage in decks now. it's one of the best cards in the format, usable in a huge variety of decks, and supply and demand warrants the high price. people who try to say "oh luxray is alright its not that great" are people who don't have one. they're also the people not winning tournaments.

um... luxray's just a really useful and flexible card, but it's totally beatable, for instance, when i was running toxicroak AR at a mixed tournament i was looking down the barrel of luxchomp, after reading various deck list's and such I squared off, i countered his garchomp with my smeargle SW and his luxray with my toxicroak AR, I won a startling 6-0 prize ratio and was fairly curious as to how i won afterwards but in truth at no point during that match did I feel threatened by either of those cards.

would i use luxray? not really there's a list of counter's against him and i've only seen about a good 1/8th used. cya

^^ I can tell you why you won - you've beaten a bona fide n00b.

Luxray should not just be used for attacking. Just that dragging power is what is amazing. Using it at least 5 times in a game is sick. Yes the trainers help him a lot and yes without them he wouldn't be half so good...but it's the total package that makes him awesome.

Luxray may seem to be a very overhyped card, but it's immensely versatile. Think about it. How many cards are there that you can just throw into a deck that can potentially wreck your opponent's bench in one shot? And to sometimes be able to do it more times than once in a game? While I think 80 bucks is a but much for them, I can see why a card like that has shot up so much. Remember the times of Holon Transceiver? Or Uxie and Claydol when the league promos weren't out?

You have got to be kidding me. I respect your opinion...but it's wrong.

Cyrus's Conspiracy gives you a Supporter and a TGI. PokeTurn, SP Radar, whatever. You can find Luxray GL LV.X that way easily. Garchomp C LV.X provides the snipage, Luxray GL LV.X brings the disruption. That's why LuxChomp is good. You can PokeTurn Luxray GL LV.X and reuse it's Gust of Wind PokePower. Flash Impact does 60 for a single Energy with Energy Gain. The speed Luxray GL LV.X has with the SP engine and with nearly every other SP deck today make it really good, because it's very versatile, flexible, and powerful.

Luxray is just broken.

I'm sick of seeing it and hearing about it.
How about some creativity people?

^^ I can tell you why you won - you've beaten a bona fide n00b.

then he could probably take you in 1 turn.

the cards not broken, but i do agree that it's just far to over hyped. cya

varit said:
then he could probably take you in 1 turn.

the cards not broken, but i do agree that it's just far to over hyped. cya

Okay. Trash talking? What have you won? Who have you played and done well against? Lou knows what he's talking about and is one of the best contributors to discussion on this forum.

Over Hyped? It's been in almost every Worlds winning deck since it was released. It has been in the Biggest Decks of every format since it was released. How is that over hyped?

Back