Flame Torch

I1lucky

Your local Infernape
Flame Torch - Trainer
Item

Discard 1 Fire Energy from your hand, then draw 2 cards from your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
I'm not sure how good this will be its most likely gonna be used in rayboar to get resources and in M Charizard to partner with blacksmith.

You realize that energy on your fire pokemon + 2 flame torch + Blacksmith = 3 Energy in one turn.

I think it's a good card for fire decks, but nothing game changing. Kind of like roller skates only more specific.

This card, in combination with Blacksmith, is one of the best engines fire has imo, since it can get a Pyroar ready, or net Ray a OHKO.

This would be amazing! ...If Blacksmith didn't specify that the attachments have to go to a Fire Pokémon.

Blacksmith has no home in RayBoar. Maybe in some sort of Charizard EX deck, but I'm still trying to work out where Charizard's home is. Definitely Muscle Banded with a Keldeo/Float Stone on the bench but other than that I'm unsure still...

Ryan, It matches so well With Delphox/Pyroar. Its so freakin' awesome since with delphox you can draw cards and with blacksmith you can recover them from discard pile to one benched 'mon.

Anyway, Water type makes you have a bad time. Sooooo May be a Tropius can add more consistency to the deck. (so You need to change 4 fire energies into 4 Rainbows/Prism/whatever).

Blacksmith will be more of a late game power up, or mid game when you have just about everything set up that you can.

To use a Supporter, that stalls your draw power. If you're going to use Blacksmith, you will need Tropical Beach, or at the least a Delphox setup.

I don't see this card getting much action, kind of a Team Flare Grunt. Can be good at a very specific time, otherwise useless.

Anything with Emboar, you would be crazy to use a Blacksmith supporter instead of Energy Retrieval...

Professor's letter, Flame Torch, Energy Retrieval, Blacksmith, Delphox, Emboar. There's a good deck engine in here somewhere. I think it's just going to be a matter of finding the right amounts of each card to play.

I would have to disagree, flame torch would do well in rayboar with profs letter for the discard but blacksmith takes away from the fast play of the engine, I would rather drop a supporter for new hands then lose it and be forced to an under 8 card hand when I could have a 12+ card hand option to setup 2 rays.

Flame torch and blacksmith with charizard on the other hand, seems like a great deck if built and played right.

Yo-yos said:
I would have to disagree, flame torch would do well in rayboar with profs letter for the discard but blacksmith takes away from the fast play of the engine, I would rather drop a supporter for new hands then lose it and be forced to an under 8 card hand when I could have a 12+ card hand option to setup 2 rays.

Flame torch and blacksmith with charizard on the other hand, seems like a great deck if built and played right.

I agree with this a lot. And energy retrieval is much better because you can choose more then one pokemon to attach to AND if you want to ultra ball one energy would be better to discard then a supporter or important item.

I have an idea, and it may just be off the wall crazy, but the whole Blacksmith/Fire Torch/ect. engine could work really well in a deck with Entei/Delphox/Pyroar. Nothing with Huge attacks, but Entei is nice and bulky, does decent damage, and provides even more acceleration. Pyroar is just a good card, and Delphox is hard-hitting and mystical fire is nice. Then you could run reshiram EX or just Reshiram, but other than that fire type Pokemon are kind of limited, but I feel that deck could be very strong.

OblivionDvdr said:
I have an idea, and it may just be off the wall crazy, but the whole Blacksmith/Fire Torch/ect. engine could work really well in a deck with Entei/Delphox/Pyroar. Nothing with Huge attacks, but Entei is nice and bulky, does decent damage, and provides even more acceleration. Pyroar is just a good card, and Delphox is hard-hitting and mystical fire is nice. Then you could run reshiram EX or just Reshiram, but other than that fire type Pokemon are kind of limited, but I feel that deck could be very strong.

I just happen to be a deck similar to this for a couple weeks now. I run 4-1-4 Delphox as the main attacker with a 3 Entei EX and a 2-2 pyroar. My theory to why this could work is the same reason why empoleon works without beach... Self contained draw power. So far the deck works well, but if you don't get Delphox out T2-3 at the latest the deck crumbles easily.

Back