first ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
DNA said:
Well, Overconfident is an attack, so I'm not exactly sure how an attack gets overridden.

Come on, that was a whole format ago! You can't expect me to remember that far back. :p

But yeah, we'll have to wait for an official ruling.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
27th_wonder said:
Overeager is an poke-body, not an attack
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

The attack doesn't let you go first, now does it?

ashinto

Aspiring Trainer
We just saw the scans, no official ruling as of now. Though what i see if a 4 or 0 card in your deck that is not a staple. If you have the 4 extra spots in your deck...put something better in than this. Great binder card though.

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
Well, if you run four of a card you have a 40% chance of starting with it. So, It's not too bad. All you gotta do is hope to start with one then have the other three be your last three prizes :D

RogueChomp

Team DBT
^ I agree. Though it is a dead card for the rest of the game, it could be discarded in many ways because its useless. I think only one copy would be played, more than one would be stupid, though there is more of a chance, they will waste more deck space. it could be played in ZPS, Cake, Durant, and any other decks that need the first turn.

Captain Oats

I'm worse than you at TCG.
^ 1 copy is worse than 4 copies. 1 copy basically assures you that you won't start with it. It isn't like running 1 beach, regular energy, etc that you can draw into or twins for if you can't draw it out, you have to have it in your opening 7 or it doesn't matter. Either don't run it at all or run 4, MAYBE 3.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
The thing with it is, either you're going to run 3 or 4, or you're going to run 0. That's just the nature of the card - you want it in your opening hand, so to maximize the chances of that, you run 4 copies.

I don't think it'll see much play because consistency is more important.

Nigel

Extra Spicy
The only decks I can see First Ticket being played in are decks that donk or take advantage of going first such as ZPST and Durant. Even then, I don't think it will see much play since you have a 50-50 chance of going first, anyways.

180gatey

Aspiring Trainer
i would run it just because it would give me the advantage in a Rayquaza\eels deck because i would get the second attack. by then i would already have both my rayquaza or two out on the field and one, possible two eels, by then i should be able to get an knockout on my opponent maybe even knock out an EX. another thing is that first tickets would probable just get discarded with junkarm, ultraball, and prof. Juniper:D

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I'm not wasting vital deck space for this card. Durant, if it still is a thing, would benefit for running four to start milling asap, but I do not see or think any other deck should drop four spaces of consistency for thus card. Not liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.