first ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah.W

Aspiring Trainer
first ticket is a card that was just revealed in dragon selection and if you haven't read it yet its on the front page anyway at first glance this card looks completely overpowered. then i started thinking if everyone runs it its just gonna come down to 50/50 anyway so whats your thought on this card?

I think it's good just as long as we don't get cards that let you donk consistently. It lets a player decide just how much their deck needs to go first, and how much it's worth running the card. In all honesty, I don't think it will see much play. It's too inconsistent.

Celebi23 said:
I think it's good just as long as we don't get cards that let you donk consistently. It lets a player decide just how much their deck needs to go first, and how much it's worth running the card. In all honesty, I don't think it will see much play. It's too inconsistent.

kinda what i think but imo every deck should still have it at least 2 copies

Jeremiah.W said:
kinda what i think but imo every deck should still have it at least 2 copies

If you don't draw it in the first seven cards then it's dead draw the rest of the game.

I think this card will be 4 or 0. It's terrible if you don't get it in your opening hand, but I think decks like Truth will not run any since it doesn't matter to them who goes first, compared to other decks. ZPST pretty much has to run 4, as does CMT if they still exist when this is released.

Now that we have this card, I would like to see P!P put Uxie LA's text on to an Azelf and make it the World's promo. [/terrible ideas]

In all seriousness, I like this card. I doubt I will play it however; simply because it is pointless unless you are playing 4, and that is an awful lot of deck space for something that has a 50/50 possibility of happening in the first place. I could see this card being effectively used in Vileplume variants, because those are the decks that see the biggest advantage from going first in my opinion. Unlimited question: Does First Ticket override Overeager?

Assuming the opponent doesn't run it, I believe these are the odds of going first:
One First Ticket: 55.83
Two First Ticket: 61.67
Three First Ticket: 67.5
Four First Ticket: 73.33

I'm Junk Arming for this thing all day 'erry day.

It's also worthy of note that after laying your basic and playing this down, you're starting with a six card hand assuming no mulligans. That's much less to work with than eight. That alone is a huge turn-off.

It's about a 55%-73% chance? I thought it was about a 40% chance (give or take).

^I think he's including the odds of getting heads on the flip if you don't draw into First Ticket.

If that's the case, 50-73% probably isn't good enough to spend 4 deck spots on that are useless beyond the first turn. Especially when it doesn't help any specific matchup, it just seems extraneous.

Decks nowadays don't really have four cards of room just to throw around. Would I give up my consistency cards for a set of these?

NEVER!

So I don't really think that many people will use this card.

It's right there on PB's main page, but:

19-fast-check.jpg

Code:
First Ticket – Trainer

First Ticket may only be played to determine who goes first. If you play First Ticket, you go first.

If your opponent also plays First Ticket, play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who goes first.

You may play as many Trainer cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Junk Arm and Ultra Ball food for later in the game honestly. If the deck has room, this should be a pretty fun card.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Unlimited question: Does First Ticket override Overconfident?

Well, if First Ticket is applied before the Pokemon are turned over, then Overconfident would override it. However, if First Ticket is played after the Pokemon are turned over, then I would say that First Ticket would override Overconfident because Overconfident would be applied first.

But I'm not 100% sure; I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for the playability of this card, I think it's bad. Just reiterating what others have said; nobody (or at least me) will want to run 4 of this card that they might not even get in their opening hand. If you run this, you have 3-4 dead cards in your deck for the rest of the game. Most meta decks right now have little to no room for techs, let alone a playset of a card you have to lucksack to work.

I agree that going first is an advantage (a huge one actually), but I don't think that this card is worth it in the long run.

As I said, the only decks that would run this are fast/donk decks that really get a huge edge from going first. Set up decks are less first turn oriented and therefore don't need this card.

CMT and durant are the only decks that can use this (off the top of my head), but boy will they use it. Durant has so much tech space and CMT can donk really well. However, you need to decide whether it's worth it or not. It's a dead draw, but that's an easy junk arm decision. In deciding whether or not to play this card, ask yourself if your deck really needs to go first. I'm really not too sure if this card is good or not.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Unlimited question: Does First Ticket override Overconfident?
Well, Overconfident is an attack, so I'm not exactly sure how an attack gets overridden.

Porygon-X said:
Well, if First Ticket is applied before the Pokemon are turned over, then Overconfident [sic] would override it. However, if First Ticket is played after the Pokemon are turned over, then I would say that First Ticket would override Overconfident [sic] because Overconfident [sic] would be applied first.

For the most part, I agree with this answer, but since each of them look like they would override the other...I have no idea. We'll just need to wait for an official ruling, I suppose.

"90% of Pokemon players always say Overconfident when they mean Overeager, because 90% of Pokemon players don't read their own cards."

DNA said:
Well, Overconfident is an attack, so I'm not exactly sure how an attack gets overridden.

"90% of Pokemon players always say Overconfident when they mean Overeager, because 90% of Pokemon players don't read their own cards."

Overeager is an poke-body, not an attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back