News First 'Sun & Moon' English Set News!

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
Gorgeous energies, much improved reverse holo pattern and, unpopular opinion time, the yellow borders look so much better. Personally I think the Japanese cards are ugly. I guess it helps my preferred design is in my native (and only) language.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Neat, hopefully we'll start to get some information on a full set list when more prereleases happen. I'm pretty sure we're all thinking "Where's the Golden Ultra Ball? There was supposed to be a Golden Ultra Ball!" right now.

Also, the whole "Full Art replacing a common" bit just boggles the mind.

Wockomtosh

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, so full art pulls are going to randomly be placed in the commons? That's going to make pulling one so much cooler! More of a surprise too, when I move the cards to put the rare in back, I always accidentally touch the texture when I pull a full art, so it's not too surprising

shiningdialga

Time dino goes rawr
Magic has essentially done the same thing for a long time by putting a basic Land card in each pack. Not a bad little bonus from each pack, since now we don't have to get Elite Trainer boxes or starter decks if we happen to be low on a certain energy card, particularly for us casual players.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
My prediction is the SR Energy is inn the energy slot, but then again those definitely count as cards....but maybe not...

Nyora

A Cat
I hope that the Basic Energy slot has a chance for Secret Rare AND other slots in the packs, such as the are, can also be my SR Energy.

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
How does pricing even work for packs? My Walmart has always had packs priced at $4.20. I feel ripped off now...

Most Wal-Marts and targets sell them for that price, I was told it was because they have some sort of middle man distributor which requires them to add mark up. I usually buy my packs from my local GameStop, they only charge the MSRP price. (It may be because I usually buy them from there, but I feel I get better pulls from GameStop as well.)

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope the extra card doesn't raise the price of the packs.

Good thing energies are only in the first set. Though with them being in Evolutions and Generations I was kind of hoping there wouldn't be any energies in this set.

I know they have to keep them in sets to stay in standard but really they should only be in etbs and just always be in standard without being in a set.

Also agree with the person who disliked the set symbol and number being on the left side.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I really hope the extra card doesn't raise the price of the packs.

Good thing energies are only in the first set. Though with them being in Evolutions and Generations I was kind of hoping there wouldn't be any energies in this set.

I know they have to keep them in sets to stay in standard but really they should only be in etbs and just always be in standard without being in a set.

Also agree with the person who disliked the set symbol and number being on the left side.
Some people don't want to spend $40 to get some energy...

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
OMG!

Metal Energy SR is number 163, that means that all the Full Arts are available as secret rares as well. I think this set will become CRAZY EXPENSIVE

Mizuzin

Aspiring Trainer

At 12:20 he pulled a Full Art Lapras GX - the booster contains 5 commons
At 21:35 he pulled a Full Art Solgaleo GX - the booster also contains 5 commons

So, the Full Art cards are replacing the RARE card....

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
I'm just salty you Americans only pay $3.99 for a pack! It's £3.99 here (if you don't buy online), which is more! Good to know the prices won't go up further though, Brexit put things up enough!

Wockomtosh

Aspiring Trainer
I just watched a video on Youtube, where some guy randomly had his booster box shipped early to him. I don't know how authentic it is, but I watched it and saw some interesting things. Mostly I noticed that when he pulled a full art, it was placed in one of the common slots, but there was no rare after the reverse holo, so they just swapped the placement of it. Here is a link for reference