BW/BW2 First Impression

zero20 said:
no your wrong and people do this every generation hate on all the pokemon
well i hate people like you that like to sayy bad stuff and are so negative so get used to the new pokes or stop playing pokemon

Metalizard said:
No offense, but in that case, you're one big hater...
I only play the games and like Pokémon because of the creatures too, but I think most of gen V pokémon revealed so far are horrible compared to Gen 4 Pokémon, which like I said before, I think are better looking...

I think that if you prefer weird monsters, you should be a fan of Digimon, not Pokémon...

wow the 4th gen was the worst and everyone knows that the 5th gen is already way better than 4th gen

Tarazuma said:
Well, the thing is my one main draw to Pokemon is the monsters themselves. I'm not into competitive battling or breeding. So I basically only play the games because I enjoy having an RPG with a team of cool looking creatures as my party. Without any Pokemon I like the designs of, I literally have 0 reason or motivation to play :/ I might as well just replay one of the older gens, since it's basically the exact same gameplay unless one is into the metagame, which I am not.

then leave and stop playing pokemon stop hating on the new pokes
we don't care if you don't like them!

Lol if you hate people who ask for opinions and trying to start discussions, you should hate WPM. Childish....

Let's keep the flaming as a whole to a minimum guys (especially you, zero20). Everyone should be respectful.

dmaster out.

I actually like some of these designs (Rankurusu ftw). It's just like every other Generation. Nobody liked Gen 4 at first. It'll take a while to get used to this. Gen 3 and 4 had different people making the Pokemon than Gen 1 and 2, which is why we didn't like them at first. Plus, I'm almost sure that we haven't seen most of the swan (as it was probably dressed up to show off that thing where the pokemon can dance).

personally, I kind of like some of them. like the zebra, probably because I love zebra stripes.. I don't know. they havn't impressed me too much, I'm just waiting to see the final evolutions of the starters, then I'll decide. my boyfriend and I think they're starting to look more like digimon. I saw someone compare the deer and swan to disney's works. it makes sense to me. I feel like they're drifting more and more away from their style. First gen is my favorite and probably always will be, second is number two on my list, third is.. third. and fourth is my least favorite. hopfully fifth will pull through.

Quite frankly, I love most of the new Pokemon. They're actually a lot better than most of the fourth generations (did we really need evolutions of Pokemon like Magmar, Electibuzz, and Porygon2, which I thought were good enough as is? Or so many legendaries, of which even likable ones were utterly pointless or had nothing at all to do with the whole Space-Time legend?). Granted, some of the designs are a little...substandard...but for the most part, they're not so bad. I really wish that some people would stop whining about how these are unoriginal when we've known for years that most of the past creatures are just animals redone in (what's for the most part) anime form.

Tarazuma said:
Unfortunately, every single Digimon game sucks and are pretty much unplayable :/ And I hate alot of Digimon too, too many humanoids and cyborgs.

zero20 said:
then leave and stop playing pokemon stop hating on the new pokes
we don't care if you don't like them!

Er, I never said I hated the NEW ones, I only hate gen 4. I LOVE Gen 5 and am preordering both versions, based soley on most of the Pokemon shown so far, I didn't even need to see the whole new gen! Besides, you just said yourself Gen 4 was the worst and Gen 5 is already better, and I agree ;)

My whole point is Gen 5 is making an incredible first impression on me, whereas Gen 4 gave me a terrible first impression and an even worse final impression.
on lol ok my bad :p
yeah well imo gen 4 is not that good and 5th is already way better

dmaster said:
Let's keep the flaming as a whole to a minimum guys (especially you, zero20). Everyone should be respectful.

dmaster out.

ok sorry i just wanted to point that out!...

I like Munma and its evolution, but I really think some of the pokemon look bad so far, especially the legendaries. I know I will get used to them, but I never see anything that matched the first two generations.

Apollo the Incinermyn said:
Quite frankly, I love most of the new Pokemon. They're actually a lot better than most of the fourth generations (did we really need evolutions of Pokemon like Magmar, Electibuzz, and Porygon2, which I thought were good enough as is? Or so many legendaries, of which even likable ones were utterly pointless or had nothing at all to do with the whole Space-Time legend?). Granted, some of the designs are a little...substandard...but for the most part, they're not so bad. I really wish that some people would stop whining about how these are unoriginal when we've known for years that most of the past creatures are just animals redone in (what's for the most part) anime form.

They probably didn't need those evos but what I like in gen 4 is that most evolved pokémon look so cool and bada**... I mean, Torterra, Staraptor, Drapion, Weavile, Electivire, Magmortar, Gliscor, Rhyperior... oh Rhyperior... that one... I remember precisely that the 1st time I saw Rhyperior, it was like love at first sight... I just thought "holy s***, this one is awesome!"...

So true, I thought most of the 4th gen evo's of past gen ones were totally unnecessary. Electabuzz was already awesome, and Electivire's hideous extra chromosome design ruined it for me. Now I can never use Electabuzz again since he will be weaker :/

Also, yes, there were WAAAAY too many legendaries, I hated that as well. Especially those 3 stupid psychic elf clones, what a waste. And why the heck was Hetran a legendary?

And yes, thank you for being one of the few who notices most of the past gen's were just animal based, so no one can legitimately say the new ones are "unoriginal". Rankurusu alone is more original then anything in gen 4.

Metalizard said:
They probably didn't need those evos but what I like in gen 4 is that most evolved pokémon look so cool and bada**... I mean, Torterra, Staraptor, Drapion, Weavile, Electivire, Magmortar, Gliscor, Rhyperior... oh Rhyperior... that one... I remember precisely that the 1st time I saw Rhyperior, it was like love at first sight... I just thought "holy s***, this one is awesome!"...

Hey well out of those ones you mentioned I love Torterra, Drapion, and Gliscor. I didn't hate ALL of the 4th gen...just like 90% of it lol. I have around 20 favorites from it.

Tarazuma said:
So true, I thought most of the 4th gen evo's of past gen ones were totally unnecessary. Electabuzz was already awesome, and Electivire's hideous extra chromosome design ruined it for me. Now I can never use Electabuzz again since he will be weaker :/

Also, yes, there were WAAAAY too many legendaries, I hated that as well. Especially those 3 stupid clone psychic elf clones, what a waste. And why the heck was Hetran a legendary?

And yes, thank you for being one of the few who notices most of the past gen's were just animal based, so no one can legitimately say the new ones are "unoriginal". Rankurusu alone is more original then anything in gen 4.

True, on all fronts! On a side note: I actually got into Pokemon because they were based animals (though I can't say I'm opposed to other things being used to make creatures; it's just I liked animals a lot to begin with, so I got into Pokemon quite naturally...after the initial hype for the series died down, at least... Fact of the matter is, I absolutely loathed the first generation just because too many people were into it at the time and I didn't get into Pokemon until the days of the GSC games).

To elaborate a little on a few things... Even the evolutions and legendaries I liked, I have to say were a bit unnecessary, at least when it came to what they were. I was a bit of an Electibuzz and Magmar fan myself until Electivire and Magmortar came about. Now, I still raise them, but all they've been for me in the games were just Pokedex fillers, not ones I'd seriously use otherwise.

Also, Heatran, Regigigas, Darkrai, Cresselia, and (as much as it pains me to say it) Shaymin really served no significant point to the whole Time-Space theme of the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games. The only place they were even remotely good was in the PMD: Explorers games (or rather just PMD: Explorers of Sky since it was the only one I recall all of the legendaries but Arceus actually appearing in...and they all had some kind of significance, even if it was just as part of a side-quest/side-story as opposed to being just something to find like in the regular games).

To elaborate a little on a few things... Even the evolutions and legendaries I liked, I have to say were a bit unnecessary, at least when it came to what they were. I was a bit of an Electibuzz and Magmar fan myself until Electivire and Magmortar came about. Now, I still raise them, but all they've been for me in the games were just Pokedex fillers, not ones I'd seriously use otherwise.

Also, Heatran, Regigigas, Darkrai, Cresselia, and (as much as it pains me to say it) Shaymin really served no significant point to the whole Time-Space theme of the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games. The only place they were even remotely good was in the PMD: Explorers games (or rather just PMD: Explorers of Sky since it was the only one I recall all of the legendaries but Arceus actually appearing in...and they all had some kind of significance, even if it was just as part of a side-quest/side-story as opposed to being just something to find like in the regular games).

Yeah, even some of the evos I liked were uneccesary, like Megayanma, as much as I love it's design, it's just another horrible bug/flying combo.

Regigigas wasn't a pointless legendary though, he was involved with the creation of the world (pulling the continents together) so he technically ties into Arceus.

Tarazuma said:
Regigigas wasn't a pointless legendary though, he was involved with the creation of the world (pulling the continents together) so he technically ties into Arceus.

Hmm...yes and no... Personally, I never saw much stake in Regigigas as is existence kind of conflicts with that of Groudon (the Pokemon that supposedly raised the continents from the seas and created the landmass, thus nullifying the need for Regigigas as the Pokemon that created continents should also have been the one who moved them as well. But then, I say this kind of lightly, since Groudon isn't exactly a legendary of choice for me either...). Still, ultimately, all of the legendaries are supposed to have some connection to Arceus (at least going off the Sinnoh ideas surround him, which I was never really partial to myself for some reason or another...), so I guess all of them are kind of necessary because of that fact alone...maybe...

^Regigigas didn't create continents, it just has power enough to move them...
And a lot of Hoenn's legendaries aren't connected with the weather trio...

Imo, Kibago, Wargle, Emonga, Doryuuzu, Reshiram, and Zekrom are full of win ^_^
But, uh...then theres Munna and Chiramii >_>

I've got to say that some of the Pokemon are great. Some of the Pokemon that were revealed a while back and I didn't quite like I have grown quite fond with them. But there are still Pokemon that I still don't like and my first impression was "what the...." I think that the artists could've done a better job with some of the Pokemon.

I love all of the new Pokemon (except for that plant/owl thingy we got the other day)
And I don't think the designs are getting worse,because I like'em.

for me they got from bad to awesome, I like most of the new pokemon, the deer and bug, and even swan all cool. even the starters have grown on me, this gen is gona be iight

the only new mons that i dont like is the gothic medicham ina dress(gochirezu or something like that) and the illegitemate love child of piplup and a clown (mijumaru) i either like or am neutral about the other new mons
sorry for hating on mijumaru

Well two two or three of the pokemon were proven fake.I believe they were Basauro as well as the two plant pokemon.So there is some relief upon that controversy.

even though gen4 was the worst generation(all have been good but gen 4 was below the rest) i still liked alot of gen4 mons like torterra and garchomp for example. we got more evos then we needed and we(hopefully)wont see that many ever again.
im liking most of the pokemon so far. i absolutely HATE tabunne. it looks like the worst pokemon of all time and i hope its fake! im not a fan of the black dressed medicham(like Shadow Arceus said) or mijumaru. im getting used to the goth, but not mijumaru. it looks like a patchwork of mistmatched parts.(kinda like reshiram, but he pulls it off well) and imo the best designed legendary of all time is zekrom

Back