BW/BW2 First Impression

Yep they sure are, I'm am so deeply disappointed with what is becoming of Pokemon I probably wouldn't even buy Black or White. They are all just really stupid. Every time I see them I think when are they going to make a cool one?

To be honest I love these new pokemon, don't worry you'll get used to them. :)

Look at grimer --> Muk Oh yeah thats original!

The designs have nothing wrong with them, you're just not used to them yet is all.

I loved what I was seeing with B/W, and then Bambi and Mother Goose came to be. I really sound like a hypocrite here because I would always hate when people say "DESE POKEMONS DONT LOOK LYKE POKEMONS", but for now I'm putting my foot down. Mother Goose, IMO does not look like a Pokemon. It looks like a swan (a swan wearing a blue bra...but that's just how I see it ;P), and nothing else. Then again, I need to see its sprite/better KS artwork.

Bah, personally I think you're all crying over milk that wasn't ever spilled.

Every new generation that comes out people hate how the new Pokemon look. I remember people hating on Starly and Bidoof (no excuse for the latter, actually, but still). Later on, Platinum became the most sold DS game of the year, if not of all time (you may correct me if I am mistaken; it's happened before).

Just try and get used to their designs a little bit. Personally I like some of them, Wargle, Rankurusu, and Gochiruzeru I like the designs of a lot.

PokeChamp said:
Bah, personally I think you're all crying over milk that wasn't ever spilled.

Every new generation that comes out people hate how the new Pokemon look. I remember people hating on Starly and Bidoof (no excuse for the latter, actually, but still). Later on, Platinum became the most sold DS game of the year, if not of all time (you may correct me if I am mistaken; it's happened before).

Just try and get used to their designs a little bit. Personally I like some of them, Wargle, Rankurusu, and Gochiruzeru I like the designs of a lot.

Most people still hate Starly and Bidoof... At least me and my friends do. I do have to say I like some of the new ones, like the Pigeon one.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Most people still hate Starly and Bidoof... At least me and my friends do. I do have to say I like some of the new ones, like the Pigeon one.

Eh, those weren't the best examples. But the general point of my post is that I think the hate isn't warranted.

For me, most of the designs in B/W are amazing! Meguroko, Gear, Gochizeru, Rankurusu, Desukan, Ononokusu and Gigaiasu all made the game an instant preorder to me. Of course, now I'm seeing crap like this gen's "generic rodent" and that stupid deer and swan, and along with the chinchilla and zebra there's still alot I hate, but I already see enough Pokemon I like to form a team.

Compare this to my opinion of D/P. I hated all the prerelease Pokemon shown, and I didn't even buy D/P after seeing all the new Pokemon and doing research. I completely skipped the 4th gen. I did NOT get used to the sheer utter cutesy stupid crap such as dumpy penguins, beavers and skunks, idiotic flamin' apes, the stupidest of the "generic birds", disgusting electric squirrels, nauseating "playboy bunnies", and a whole slew of worthless grass and water types.

And all the Pokemon I DID like, were either way to hard to obtain (female combee) or I couldn't get until obtaining the national dex, and I was not about to use a bunch of crappy Pokemon I hated to beat the elite 4. What the heck is the point then?! THE GAME'S FINISHED! (and I don't do competitive battling or w/e) So yeah, I am immune to the blanket statement of "everyone will get used to them" when it comes to D/P, because I never even bought the crappy games due to the horrible, horrible Pokemon.

I like my pokemon predatory, menacing, wierd, inexplicable, creepy, or "unconventionally cute" (like Weedle) And so far B/W is doing a good job in providing me with all the styles of Pokemon I like, wheras D/P failed miserably.

And as far as the old games though, I never had complaints or reservations about R/B, G/S or R/S that would have prevented me from buying it. They all had enough Pokemon to satisfy me. Well, I DID (and still do) hate all the worthless single stage normals in G/S.

And as far as everyone who says the new ones "don't look like Pokemon", what exactly "defines" a Pokemon? Ugh, it's such a stupid argument. If things like Voltorb, Electrode, Jynx, Mr Mime, Magnemite and ect weren't in the first gen and were introduced now, you'd all probably say they "don't look like pokemon" either. I mean seriously, if your gonna say new ones aren't Pokemon, you might as well go through all the past gens and nitpick just which designs fit your definition of Pokemon and which ones don't.

I mean, I've always hated Blastoise and thought his "pseudo-cybernetic" design was better suited for Digimon, but that dosen't mean he "dosen't look like a Pokemon".

I dont see why everyone is so down on the new pokemon designs. I happen to love them. They seem so new, while all the olds ones have a sorta cheap feel to them. I guess youd have to be me to understand. But I love the new designs.

I think that the new artists don't have any ideas for new pokemon, so they are recreating the old pokemon, like Stantler.

I think that the 5th generation is awesome, its so dark just like my soul, I love the Girl one shes so Cute :p

^hahahahahahahahahaha

I think some suck, like Mizenumi and Miruhoggu, but ones like Meguroko (or whatever) and Mijumaru give me hope. I think we'll all like them in the end.

Tarazuma said:
For me, most of the designs in B/W are amazing! Meguroko, Gear, Gochizeru, Rankurusu, Desukan, Ononokusu and Gigaiasu all made the game an instant preorder to me. Of course, now I'm seeing crud like this gen's "generic rodent" and that stupid deer and swan, and along with the chinchilla and zebra there's still alot I hate, but I already see enough Pokemon I like to form a team.

Compare this to my opinion of D/P. I hated all the prerelease Pokemon shown, and I didn't even buy D/P after seeing all the new Pokemon and doing research. I completely skipped the 4th gen. I did NOT get used to the sheer utter cutesy stupid crud such as dumpy penguins, beavers and skunks, idiotic flamin' apes, the stupidest of the "generic birds", disgusting electric squirrels, nauseating "playboy bunnies", and a whole slew of worthless grass and water types.

And all the Pokemon I DID like, were either way to hard to obtain (female combee) or I couldn't get until obtaining the national dex, and I was not about to use a bunch of crappy Pokemon I hated to beat the elite 4. What the heck is the point then?! THE GAME'S FINISHED! (and I don't do competitive battling or w/e) So yeah, I am immune to the blanket statement of "everyone will get used to them" when it comes to D/P, because I never even bought the crappy games due to the horrible, horrible Pokemon.

I like my pokemon predatory, menacing, wierd, inexplicable, creepy, or "unconventionally cute" (like Weedle) And so far B/W is doing a good job in providing me with all the styles of Pokemon I like, wheras D/P failed miserably.

And as far as the old games though, I never had complaints or reservations about R/B, G/S or R/S that would have prevented me from buying it. They all had enough Pokemon to satisfy me. Well, I DID (and still do) hate all the worthless single stage normals in G/S.

And as far as everyone who says the new ones "don't look like Pokemon", what exactly "defines" a Pokemon? Ugh, it's such a stupid argument. If things like Voltorb, Electrode, Jynx, Mr Mime, Magnemite and ect weren't in the first gen and were introduced now, you'd all probably say they "don't look like pokemon" either. I mean seriously, if your gonna say new ones aren't Pokemon, you might as well go through all the past gens and nitpick just which designs fit your definition of Pokemon and which ones don't.

I mean, I've always hated Blastoise and thought his "pseudo-cybernetic" design was better suited for Digimon, but that dosen't mean he "dosen't look like a Pokemon".

man, are you on drugs? Gen 4 have the best looking Pokémon... Gen V, in the other hand, only has a couple of Pokémon that I like until now...
"idiotic flaming apes"? loool right because fire pigs are better... yeah, bambi and disney swans are better... and electric zebras aren't idiotic at all... even in gen 1, you have electric rats (lol), fire horses, etc. :rolleyes:

Metalizard said:
man, are you on drugs? Gen 4 have the best looking Pokémon... Gen V, in the other hand, only has a couple of Pokémon that I like until now...
"idiotic flaming apes"? loool right because fire pigs are better... yeah, bambi and disney swans are better... and electric zebras aren't idiotic at all... even in gen 1, you have electric rats (lol), fire horses, etc. :rolleyes:

Um, I hate the idiotic flaming pig too, as well as the dumpy otter, and I already said in my post that I hate the deer and the swan.

I always hated Ponyta and Rapidash too. I always hated Ratatta, Raticate, Pikachu, Raichu and any other filthy rodents as well, ESPECIALLY Pachirisu.

I also hate any other monkeys/apes, horses, pigs, chicken, sheep, cows, weasels, skunks, rabbits or anything sickeningly cute like Jigglypuff. Believe me, my fangirlism is not nostalgia based, I've hated alot of Pokemon designs since Gen 1 in 1998. But Gen 4 is the dopiest looking sad sack of rejects I've ever layed my eyes upon, with the Gen 2 single stage normal types being a close second.

Gen 5 has much more monstrous and weird designs which I love. It made a great first impression on me. Alot of people forget the series is called pocket MONSTERS, not pocket baby animal petting zoo.

IMHO, it's kinda stupid not to buy one of the best Pokemon games ever released because you don't like the Pokemon designs of that generation. YOu say you don't like "you'll get used to them" but if you had bought the game, you would have gotten used them.

6-Dimension said:
IMHO, it's kinda stupid not to buy one of the best Pokemon games ever released because you don't like the Pokemon designs of that generation. YOu say you don't like "you'll get used to them" but if you had bought the game, you would have gotten used them.

Well, the thing is my one main draw to Pokemon is the monsters themselves. I'm not into competitive battling or breeding. So I basically only play the games because I enjoy having an RPG with a team of cool looking creatures as my party. Without any Pokemon I like the designs of, I literally have 0 reason or motivation to play :/ I might as well just replay one of the older gens, since it's basically the exact same gameplay unless one is into the metagame, which I am not.

Tarazuma said:
Um, I hate the idiotic flaming pig too, as well as the dumpy otter, and I already said in my post that I hate the deer and the swan.

I always hated Ponyta and Rapidash too. I always hated Ratatta, Raticate, Pikachu, Raichu and any other filthy rodents as well, ESPECIALLY Pachirisu.

I also hate any other monkeys/apes, horses, pigs, chicken, sheep, cows, weasels, skunks, rabbits or anything sickeningly cute like Jigglypuff. Believe me, my fangirlism is not nostalgia based, I've hated alot of Pokemon designs since Gen 1 in 1998. But Gen 4 is the dopiest looking sad sack of rejects I've ever layed my eyes upon, with the Gen 2 single stage normal types being a close second.

Gen 5 has much more monstrous and weird designs which I love. It made a great first impression on me. Alot of people forget the series is called pocket MONSTERS, not pocket baby animal petting zoo.

No offense, but in that case, you're one big hater...
I only play the games and like Pokémon because of the creatures too, but I think most of gen V pokémon revealed so far are horrible compared to Gen 4 Pokémon, which like I said before, I think are better looking...

I think that if you prefer weird monsters, you should be a fan of Digimon, not Pokémon...

Frozen Eternity said:
Is it me or is that the new Pokemon designs for BW are getting from bad to worse? Discuss.

no your wrong and people do this every generation hate on all the pokemon
well i hate people like you that like to sayy bad stuff and are so negative so get used to the new pokes or stop playing pokemon

Metalizard said:
I only play the games and like Pokémon because of the creatures too, but I think most of gen V pokémon revealed so far are horrible compared to Gen 4 Pokémon, which like I said before, I think are better looking...

I think that if you prefer weird monsters, you should be a fan of Digimon, not Pokémon...

wow the 4th gen was the worst and everyone knows that the 5th gen is already way better than 4th gen

Tarazuma said:
Well, the thing is my one main draw to Pokemon is the monsters themselves. I'm not into competitive battling or breeding. So I basically only play the games because I enjoy having an RPG with a team of cool looking creatures as my party. Without any Pokemon I like the designs of, I literally have 0 reason or motivation to play :/ I might as well just replay one of the older gens, since it's basically the exact same gameplay unless one is into the metagame, which I am not.

then leave and stop playing pokemon stop hating on the new pokes
we dont care if you dont like them!!!!!

Metalizard said:

wow the 4th gen was the worst and everyone knows that the 5th gen is already way better than 4th gen
[/quote]

everyone?? who's everyone?? you??:rolleyes: You may think gen V is better than gen IV, but I think gen IV is better than gen V. You can't say "everyone" when it's known that people have different opinions and neither one is more right than the other... I'm pretty sure there are more people who share my opinion about gen 4 & 5...

Metalizard said:

Unfortunately, every single Digimon game sucks and are pretty much unplayable :/ And I hate alot of Digimon too, too many humanoids and cyborgs.

zero20 said:
then leave and stop playing pokemon stop hating on the new pokes
we don't care if you don't like them!

Er, I never said I hated the NEW ones, I only hate gen 4. I LOVE Gen 5 and am preordering both versions, based soley on most of the Pokemon shown so far, I didn't even need to see the whole new gen! Besides, you just said yourself Gen 4 was the worst and Gen 5 is already better, and I agree ;)

My whole point is Gen 5 is making an incredible first impression on me, whereas Gen 4 gave me a terrible first impression and an even worse final impression.

Back